X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Just to clarify; Marshall Warren is a Harvard commit.
    Thanks for the update on that. Last I had heard he was was not committed yet but it sounds like Harvard got another gem, along with Wahlstrom and Bode Wilde at the NTDP. They will be fun to watch at the HFH, assuming they don't flock to the CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Dave Aiello was team manager of the '85 team no? If this is the guy I'm thinking of... I have a funny story. He once tried to tell me that Addessa let him dress for games in place of injured guys. I told him he was full of it. He's probably telling people now that several of the names on the jersey are actually him... unless they listed the managers too.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        Dave Aiello was team manager of the '85 team no? If this is the guy I'm thinking of... I have a funny story. He once tried to tell me that Addessa let him dress for games in place of injured guys. I told him he was full of it. He's probably telling people now that several of the names on the jersey are actually him... unless they listed the managers too.
        Later than that I think. He is however listed on the jersey. Click on the left picture. It's the first name which you see there.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          This post speaks more about you than Dave. Trying to diminish people like this is what we try not to teach our children. Ive talked to Dave, he's a great family man and on ice official. A wonderful man and person. Have you no shame??
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Finally had a chance to look back over the RPI stats for this year. Found it interesting that we scored about 44% of our goals on the power play. In the ECAC it was even a bit more like 45%. I cannot recall an RPI team that had so much trouble at even strength. Also it made me think how overall statistics do not tell the entire story. Some of our boys got either very little or absolutely no power play time. That of course is a coaching decision. So, when i look at the end of the year and who scored how many goals, i temper it a bit. I was fascinated as to how the number of goals turned out once I simply subtracted the ones scored on the power play. Some of our higher scorers in total do not stand out so much when you just look at those scored by them at even strength and others, who saw very little ice time when we were a man up, had their numbers look a bit better. Just something the new coaches might look at in a bit more depth.
            This hockey season was truly a nightmare and although it was difficult not to chime in with some comments, in good conscience neither Jen or I felt we could say something objective. We have so much admiration for the boys who come through this program and certainly did not want anything we said in upset or anger to be construed as being a criticism of any of them. As we always have been, we are optimistic about the coming years.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              He follows me on twitter, and I could not for the life of me figure out his tweet that Ralph copied above. Why wouldn't they let alumni buy a replica? It is a great jersey.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Doc, great to have you back. It's hard to line up your analysis objectively, the team put in some rather abysmal efforts until Hackett was let go.

Here's a more macro level data point for you. If you roll up all of the seasons starting in 1949 with the Harkness era, and look at the Top 10 worst seasons by win-loss record, Appert was at the helm for half of them.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  That does bring up an interesting point... would Hackett request a trial to rejoin the team with someone new at the helm?
                  Hackett won't be coming back, no matter the coach. Trust me on that one.
                  Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                    He follows me on twitter, and I could not for the life of me figure out his tweet that Ralph copied above. Why wouldn't they let alumni buy a replica? It is a great jersey.
                    I think that Dave Aiello was happy that SA acknowledged the hockey Alumni, in part by the fact that the names were all on that jersey.

BTW I found no evidence on Kurt Stutt's web site that he ever played in a game.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Clarkson is dominating recruiting in Ontario/QC, at least as much as they can (can't compete against P5 schools).....I think Carvels recruiting philosophy at SLU helped along with Apperts at RPI, Morris will be leaning on Ontario and you can already see that trend, if RPI hires a staff with good Canadian connections you might see a lot of head to head battles for kids. Like others have mentioned everyone is recruiting in the USHL and competition is fierce with other schools but I will say if you get a guy with a lot of connections as an assistant like Clarkson did with Josh Hauge then you'll be in good shape, Hauge came in and locked down Kielly, locked down Astren, found Kuzmeski late in the process last year, got a good USHL late bloomer in Kevin Charyszyn, helped get a goalie of the future to commit in Bischel. He hasn't had much time but his relationships previous to Clarkson have helped him land some much needed talent in Potsdam.
                      Last edited by techtodenver; 03-08-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Today is 9 March 2017. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking for the following contestants. just a friendly reminder that you have until Friday night at 7PM to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017.

Contestant
                          BIG Green
                          Brett Gobe
                          cudmud
                          goldenbriggsy
                          Halloweenman
                          johnk
                          Mike Hutter
                          NorthernLite
                          Rjm7272
                          SLU'75
                          sshablak
                          still an empty net
                          Turk
                          Vaportrail
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            The purchase was probably limited to the alumni players, as it includes their namesake.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              This post speaks more about you than Dave. Trying to diminish people like this is what we try not to teach our children. Ive talked to Dave, he's a great family man and on ice official. A wonderful man and person. Have you no shame??
                              Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the stories of the past, even if that's all they really are (i.e. whether real or fictional).

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Later than that I think. He is however listed on the jersey. Click on the left picture. It's the first name which you see there.
                                I would venture a guess, based on other handles and first-person testimonies, that he was Class of 89, or something specifically to do with that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X