Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

I miss Tie Domi

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

I'd like to thank Seth for his hard work and dedication to the program. While it didn't work out on the ice, there is no debating the strides he made in facilities, as well as alumni and fan engagement under his leadership. I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

The easy part is making the decision to fire a coach, the hard work is in ID'ing and hiring the next one. It is an inexact science to say the least. . I suspect BB will soon or has already been offered the job. The recruitment company will of course need to earn their retainer and interview a field of candidates.

Hopefully we can limit the exodus of recruits to other programs. With the talent present and that which is on the way, I don't think we are far at all from being a competitive team. GO RED.

I miss Tie Domi

I should add that as I stated when McElroy came aboard , the man is all about building winners. It will not shock me if he goes outside the RPI tree for the next coach. Time will tell.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Happy to see that you made your reappearance here instead of the Cafe's Dead thread
    I have been given to understand that you are certainly among the living and that we can now say with certainty that at least some of your organs function quite properly.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I should add that as I stated when McElroy came aboard , the man is all about building winners. It will not shock me if he goes outside the RPI tree for the next coach. Time will tell.
    Did you mean building men's team winners?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I have been given to understand that you are certainly among the living and that we can now say with certainty that at least some of your organs function quite properly.
    If he were dead, it would be harps, not organs.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
    Did you mean building men's team winners?
    I'm talking about his time leading UA athletics. I'm working from memory --but it's Something like 60+ conference championships and 25 NCAA appearances total.

I'm talking about his time leading UA athletics. I'm working from memory --but it's Something like 60+ conference championships and 25 NCAA appearances total.
    As a UA fan, that's very true. The problem is that none of those conference championships and NCAA appearances were in hockey. Time will tell if he can build a winning program with a new coach.
    Also, just wanted to say welcome back, Dr. D! Your insights and opinions were missed in here.

mascot extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    As a UA fan, that's very true. The problem is that none of those conference championships and NCAA appearances were in hockey. Time will tell if he can build a winning program with a new coach.
    Also, just wanted to say welcome back, Dr. D! Your insights and opinions were missed in here.
    That's true, but remember, and this is in his own words, he didn't know a thing about Lacrosse either, and that is one of the best teams in the country.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

mascot extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Thanks. Just had the first ultrasound today. Right now the baby looks like a very small version of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Also, not even a day back on the threads and already a double entendre. It's really the Doc everyone.

Now long does it take to hire a new head coach?
    DU hired Jim Montgomery April 15 after George Gwozdecky was fired April 1, 2013.
    That short turnaround could be a result of Gwozdecky's ongoing disagreement with the Board on his contract/extension.

What else could happen?
    >Players turn pro or transfer--at DU 3 turned pro, no transfers
    >NLI's--University can release and can add restriction, e.g. cannot play at another ECAC school. Player can apply to NCAA for release. Will need another factor other than coaching change.--All Four recruits who had signed came to DU.
    >Other recruits--Not unusual for a new coach to want recruits who play his style of hockey. Expect changes
    >Doesn't sound like you will have problems with fan or alumni support
    GO DU !!!

It would seem that Lee hasn't got off to a very good start. He hired an Executive Search Team that has helped hire 0 College Hockey Coaches.

https://www.parkersearch.com/practic...rch-experience

If you scroll down you see it looks like they hired him at UAlbany. This is the problem with Lee and Shirley; there is no communication or working with the hockey alumni. How bout bringing in the venerable, Coach Kearns or some actual hockey people. Very poor performance from Lee in the press conference; treated Seth like most of you do. If you get Barr you have a chance; if not, say hello Lake Superior State. #bitter
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I concur with this 100%. You will never have a decent team as long as Shirley Jackson is Prez.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

mascot extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    It would seem that Lee hasn't got off to a very good start. He hired an Executive Search Team that has helped hire 0 College Hockey Coaches.

https://www.parkersearch.com/practic...rch-experience

If you scroll down you see it looks like they hired him at UAlbany. This is the problem with Lee and Shirley; there is no communication or working with the hockey alumni. How bout bringing in the venerable, Coach Kearns or some actual hockey people. Very poor performance from Lee in the press conference; treated Seth like most of you do. If you get Barr you have a chance; if not, say hello Lake Superior State. #bitter
    Not saying you're wrong or right, but how do you know it was him an not Mark Benson, the current AD?

And I'm referring to women's teams and not just men's.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Not saying you're wrong or right, but how do you know it was him an not Mark Benson, the current AD?
    If you notice it looks like they completed 2 searches for UAlbany AD. I said it looks like. As you may know, I'm a professional recruiter and I was stunned to see no hockey experience on their website. I'm thrilled about your happy news.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

RPI 2017 II: When Doors Close, Windows Open

...or is it too early? After all, this thread's been going like gangbusters...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Opulence, I has it

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    If you notice it looks like they completed 2 searches for UAlbany AD. I said it looks like. As you may know, I'm a professional recruiter and I was stunned to see no hockey experience on their website.
    They thought the search firm was owned by Jack Parker. OOPS!

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
    And I'm referring to women's teams and not just men's.
    I'm sure the AD will look at all sports and weigh all factors. One sport at a time, one "contract buyout" at a time (don't know what the other one is; I did ask on the women's thread, and I will probably keep that discussion over there).
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Reading all these “heartfelt” Tweets almost makes me forget all the 20 loss seasons & multiple suspensions (can’t find an emoji for tears)

Thread Information