• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      USCHO article dated 4/19/06 when SA was hired http://www.uscho.com/2006/04/19/rens...rt-head-coach/. It mentions that Dan Fridgen quit on 3/21/06. I didn't realize that it took less than a month to hire SA. Does it usually go that fast?
      For the sake of getting things going, hopefully it does happen quickly yet wisely.

Comment

The Record also has some comments. http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ter-11-seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Gotta get rid of the assistants as well
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            From the article:

You never like to see it end the wrong way. I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve done here. I know that when we arrived, we were on our way out of having any relevance in Division I hockey, and we got it back to having a really strong six or seven years in the NCAA Tournament, top 15 in the country. Unfortunately we struggled through the last three years, and that led to the decision today.
            Replying to the bolded part, channeling John McEnroe "You cannot be serious?"
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              From the article:

Alternative facts? Maybe he can go work at the White House next - they could use some good PR folks and being in touch with reality is optional.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                Alternative facts? Maybe he can go work at the White House next - they could use some good PR folks and being in touch with reality is optional.
                Nah. They would never hire anyone with better looking hair than the Donald.

Comment

From the article:

I was about to say the same thing.

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  Can we fire some USCHO posters? I'd know two who I'd start with....
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    not surprising, but I wonder if he would be interested

At least most of the coaches mentioned know how to recruit in the northeast and have had a high profile throughout the region. The current staff was totally invisible to high school, prep and junior players (and worst of all - their advisors) throughout the northeast - and therefore RPI was therefore never even an option for most players within a 5 hour drive of Troy.

Comment

Something tells me SA had some insight on the matter as well, I don't know if he is always up tight about 50-50 calls but he wouldn't stop giving it to the ref, instantly when he saw a potential call you would hear him scream the call he thought the ref should be making about 15-20 times Saturday night. He's always so calm in postgame interviews and in the few experiences I've seen him coach in person I don't think I've ever heard yell at the refs but I don't go to every RPI game so maybe that's not that case. Continuous screams of "wake up" came Friday night although I think any coach would be screaming that with how RPI was playing, maybe I'm off on this but his calming presence seemed to be non-existent, maybe it was a last ditch effort? I do feel bad for SA but to be honest Clarkson were in a similar situation not too long ago and I wanted Roll gone, best wishes to SA and his family and I'm sure he will find his feet.

Comment

From the article:

I'm betting he was misquoted. It is the Ed Weaver-less Record, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Also shows you how much our local stations care. If it's not high school sports or Siena basketball, it barely gets a mention. Union's having a fantastic season again this year and even they barely get covered
                          Very true. Local stations and Times Union seem to care only about hoops and now lax. TU doesn't even bother to cover road games anymore while anything Siena/UAlbany gets pages and pages of coverage. Wish Beattie and Union SID would get on local media's case about it. Both programs deserve a lot more ink than they've gotten in recent years.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                              Yeah lets not have anyone running the program while the search goes on. Sounds like a solid plan.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Although there may be others, it might be saying something that I only found two former players who tweeted about it.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-06-2017, 07:36 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X