X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
    In the past maybe, but times have changed. They are committing kids so young these days that an AC's ability to project development may be more important in the long run than simply identification and evaluation, even Ralph Baer can walk into a barn and pick the top 15 year olds on each team, but can he predict if they will develop into D-I players, and beyond that, can he keep from spilling his coffee on Mum's new white carpet when she tells him she used to date an Engineer and was glad she didn't marry him because driving a train is too stressful?
    Good point about having to project several years into the future.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

tech to denver do you know where congers other interest is from

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Why would it be a given that he would have accepted if it was offered? He might have considered an offer too low, or something else might have made it a no-go.
        Because I know Ben . Also, While Ben has been at UMass only one season, their next years incoming freshman recruits are ranked #1 in college.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyBill View Post
          Because I know Ben . Also, While Ben has been at UMass only one season, their next years incoming freshman recruits are ranked #1 in college.
          The only ranking of recruiting classes which I have seen is by Neutral Zone https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/. UMass is not in the top ten. If you click on that you can see the preliminary top 5 for several years in the future. No UMass.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyBill View Post
            We missed the boat on this one. HockeyBill is 100% correct. We will watch from afar as Ben Barr builds and leads another program (not RPI) to great success.

Comment

You have said this many times but these contracts are often broken.

Do we want a hockey player who doesn't want us?
              You mean like ol' whats his name from Harvard? ... whose name shall not be spoken?...

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                Let me see if I have this one correct...

4. Does a new HC at RPI even get a chance to prove his worth before all the experts pipe in?...
                Things are happening quickly. It's April. Let's see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  You mean like ol' whats his name from Harvard? ... whose name shall not be spoken?...
                  Wasn't he only a verbal, though?

Comment

in other news.Denver is about to drop 2.1 mill n locker rooms....

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Heck, Canisius doesn't really even have a rink to exclusively call home, yes? Weren't they previously sharing with Buffalo State? Obviously it's sort of the same deal with the Harborcenter, but at least it doesn't seem like they're constantly second banana in the schedule. The new coach (assuming he will be the new coach) already has a home rink, along with 5 more scholarships, as extra bargaining chips. And why shouldn't he bring in ACs of his choosing? Who knows, we may have hired a clutch-and-grab coach that doesn't fit with the previous up-tempo style.

People will pass judgement the second they hear something. I'm looking forward to October.
                      In 2008 he(and Canisius) was at a rink comparable to the Knick Arena in Lansingburgh (Pepsi Center in Amherst, New York) Then they moved exclusively to Buffalo State's rink

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                        In 2008 he(and Canisius) was at a rink comparable to the Knick Arena in Lansingburgh (Pepsi Center in Amherst, New York) Then they moved exclusively to Buffalo State's rink
                        So HFH and E.Campus is a major upgrade for him. Probably won`t be asking for upgrades any time soon.

Comment

The only ranking of recruiting classes which I have seen is by Neutral Zone https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/. UMass is not in the top ten. If you click on that you can see the preliminary top 5 for several years in the future. No UMass.
                          https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/ran...team-rankings/ - #4

Comment

If Smith was the choice because he came cheapest, that calls into serious question the move to axe Appert, unless someone can illuminate me on what Smith brings to the table other than "not Appert."

And for you haters out there, I didn't have a problem with the move on its face, but the four years left on the contract were part of a gamble that didn't pay off. Is this doubling down on bad gambles?
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Shirley does not care about anyone, she'll do exactly what she wants. Barr would have made fan base and alumni happy but that would have been the right thing to do. That should tell you she doesn't care. The metaphor for Shirley's stewardship of the hockey program is the empty luxury box at the west end.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Wasn't he only a verbal, though?
                                Thus, his name shall not be spoken.

Comment

Working...
                                X