X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    - All I want is a coach that can run a bench, make in game adjustments and instill discipline to a heady hockey team. A microcosm for the Appert era for me was watching Milos Bubela play selfish, lazy hockey and not suffer any consequences. My 12 year old, at the time, noticed it. A D1 coach can't let that happen - I don't care if you need to play club team players instead.
    Milos earned SA's eternal respect for defending him from the deranged Neanderthal.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Sure there was more than the 3 coaches but as far as your list, 2 were met @ RPI; alums were welcomed back & there were arena upgrades. Maybe not to the extent of the other schools you mentioned, I have no idea on that. The other 2 probably were not. I think the main thing that has come out of the change is there is a need, a HUGE need, for full support from the administration.
      If you believe the alums have truly been welcomed back after the articles written I think we disagree on what welcomed back means.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        If you believe the alums have truly been welcomed back after the articles written I think we disagree on what welcomed back means.
        Of course it also depends on what the alumni intentions are when they darken the doorstep as to whether they're "welcomed back". Sometimes it involves lip to glut, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I am going out and will miss the press conference. I started a new thread, so you guys won't be lost.

Continue with this one until it is closed.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I would also think that we can do better that most Canisius recruits.
            One would think, but a lot depends on the HC and ACs, and IMO that hasn't been too impressive lately. The big question for me is does he go by Mr. Smith or Smitty?

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              and then conger follows appert to MSU. That would be one heck of a turn of events!Seth will be at the $50 minimum bet window for life!
              If that were to happen do you think SA would trade Appleton to DA for Conger?

Comment

Another link: http://rpitv.org/productions/1237-rp...ess-conference

Comment

SAJ mentioned it so it's official: Dave Smith is it.

Comment

Um, does Shirley know that a "top 25" D1 program basically means you made it into the top half?

Comment

They stole Justin Smith's jersey and gave it to the coach!

Comment

I guess I'll close out the thread. Give Smith a chance to turn the team around. If the team is behind him, the administration is behind him, and the RPI community is behind him, then we, as fans, should be too. He had alot of work to do, but if he believes he can turn the team around, then I have no reason to doubt him as of yet. Yes, his record is almost exactly like the guy he is replacing, but there could have been a myriad of reasons for that, much like Appert. Personally, and this opinion is not on behalf of anyone at WRPI, I think some of the players were starting to lose faith, as has been mentioned on here. Let's see what Smith can do, and if it doesn't work out in five years, I hate to say it, but start again.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                        X