X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Coach Smith has a .444 winning percentage, Gosek D III; wow that Parker Search Firm did a bang up job. Of course it's all a charade because its Barr.
    Nothing wrong with D-III. Gosek has also been wildly successful in D-III. So was Ron Fogarty, and few will claim that Princeton isn't on the up and up.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Nothing wrong with D-III. Gosek has also been wildly successful in D-III. So was Ron Fogarty, and few will claim that Princeton isn't on the up and up.
      Can we say George Roll everybody?
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Can we say George Roll everybody?
        Btw I liked Roll and Gosek.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Mark Jooris should be the next RPI Coach.
          After Barr yes
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

The last time there was a head coaching vacancy Andy Murray was a candidate, a former NHL HC, Mike Cavanaugh now UCONN HC at the time Jerry York's asst. at BC. With all due respect, I don't think this candidate pool even compares.
            Did rpi have to pay a committee to come up with them really
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              Did rpi have to pay a committee to come up with them really
              http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...r-coach-search

So says Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                After Barr yes
                Next week they will name Barr. Game over

Comment

Next week they will name Barr. Game over
                  Not so fast my friend, I haven't been interviewed yet. Got a fresh haircut tonight and gonna put my best suit and tie on. MRGA (Make RPI Great Again)
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                    Thanks for the update.
                    Gosek coaches Oswego and Dave Smith, Canisius.
                    Is Riga the Q assistant?
                    I'm surprised Riga is interested. After the game at the Q the local radio team interviewed one of the assistants, and I'm virtually certain it was Riga, and he was very dismissive of our team and program. He talked about how they played against teams like RPI that they should beat and even questioned whether our team wanted to play against the Bobcats. Unless he thinks Appert was completely incompetent, I'm not sure why he'd want to step into that program.

Comment

Mark Jooris should be the next RPI Coach.
                      100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        I'm surprised Riga is interested. After the game at the Q the local radio team interviewed one of the assistants, and I'm virtually certain it was Riga, and he was very dismissive of our team and program. He talked about how they played against teams like RPI that they should beat and even questioned whether our team wanted to play against the Bobcats. Unless he thinks Appert was completely incompetent, I'm not sure why he'd want to step into that program.
                        One of Sixty D1 hockey programs, why wouldn't he be interested. As for him dismissing the program, maybe he saw the dysfunction and his comments are normal coming from a program of excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                          One of Sixty D1 hockey programs, why wouldn't he be interested. As for him dismissing the program, maybe he saw the dysfunction and his comments are normal coming from a program of excellence.
                          Well, if he saw dysfunction that would fall under my comment about his view of Appert's competence. In any case, his comments went far beyond the normal comments on what his team needed to do to overcome a worthy opponent to showing outright disrespect. That's why he might not be interested. If he gets the job he'll be dependent on many of those players for the first several years until he gets his own recruits in here - and remember recruiting of better players is often 2-3 years before their arrival. He'll also be at the mercy of any external forces that may have held the program back. On the other hand, he can stay at the Q, with its recruiting and facility advantages until he's a top candidate for a choice position.

The Q was coming off a rough trip to Northern Ireland when they played us and maybe Riga was just in a bad mood. I have to assume if he takes the job that he thinks he can turn things around.

One last note, Quinnipiac recently launched an engineering school that just graduated its first class. In the upcoming class is are both of the Clifton brothers (Mech. E. IIRC). I wonder whether we were ever even on their radar. There aren't that many top recruits interested in engineering and we should be on top of all of them.
                          Last edited by rpi82; 03-28-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Took a look at the coaches records: Fogarty was about 167-23-10 at Adrian (7 yrs)... Gosek was something like 288-85-25 at Oswego (14 yrs).
                            Amazing numbers. Did George Roll coach at Oswego before his stint at Clarkson? Mike McShane has enjoyed success at Norwich.
                            Last edited by fr. joe; 03-28-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Today is 29 March 2017. There are 186 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                                Took a look at the coaches records: Fogarty was about 167-23-10 at Adrian (7 yrs)... Gosek was something like 288-85-25 at Oswego (14 yrs).
                                Amazing numbers. Did George Roll coach at Oswego before his stint at Clarkson? Mike McShane has enjoyed success at Norwich.
                                George Roll's history as head coach http://www.uscho.com/stats/coach/mid,130/george-roll/
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-29-2017, 01:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X