X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    You want someone with college coaching experience.
    Hadn't they said the same thing about Phil Housley before winning the gold medal in 2013? If they're ready to take the step up, they should make that step.

Comment

Here's an interesting turn of events, looking at the schedule...

The ONLY possible opponent for Freakout is on Senior Night vs. Colgate. 10 February is gone because of the Beanpot, and every single other weekend is either away, gone (in the case of CCT on 13 January but we'd be foolish to hold it without the students), or involves the Mayor's Cup (assuming that's still happening).

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Good pt. Isn't Monty sorta of an outlier getting DU from USHL. Although he was asst. on College level. I really dont think Lammers and Muse have a legit shot. Its Barr
        W

Why are Muse and Lammers out of the mix? Both were college assistant coaches and now have head coaching experience in Junior hockey. Head coaching experience to me is a key in a new coach. Ben Barr has the same AC coaching experience as these two but is missing HC experience. Lammers and Muse know the recruiting landscape of college hockey, know how to work with Junior players as well as college players. Previous HC experience at some level to me is important and I don't mean Pee Wee hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
          W

Why are Muse and Lammers out of the mix? Both were college assistant coaches and now have head coaching experience in Junior hockey. Head coaching experience to me is a key in a new coach. Ben Barr has the same AC coaching experience as these two but is missing HC experience. Lammers and Muse know the recruiting landscape of college hockey, know how to work with Junior players as well as college players. Previous HC experience at some level to me is important and I don't mean Pee Wee hockey.
          Youre right. I was going go back and change after I remembered they both had AC College experience I don't think they have a shot because it was Barr from the beginning.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
            W

Ben Barr's very first head coaching experience is going to be somewhere at the Division I level, that's pretty much a given at this point. There's just too much there for some program not to eventually take a very calculated risk on him. The risk involved is primarily with the tactical aspect of the game, but it would be foolish, especially given that he's an alum, for RPI to turn up their nose at him from the outset just because he's lacking head coaching experience.

And I agree that there's no reason whatsoever why Lammers and Muse should be out of the running unless they themselves are explicitly uninterested in the job. It would be downright dereliction of duty on RPI's part given their backgrounds.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Would Barr even want the RPI job? Eventually though he has to take a HC job. If he waits too long he’ll no longer be that “young rising star” of the coaching ranks.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I would think he'd be extremely interested in it. There are alot of other factors that he would have to consider though. RPI can't wait too long though, there are some big name programs out west that have openings. They need to pull the trigger.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I have not seen his name mentioned and apologize if someone has but do not rule out Andrew Will.
                  Last edited by johnk; 03-21-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    I have not seen his name mentioned and apologize if someone has but do not rule out Andrew Will.
                    From Salisbury Prep. Does have 1 yr. as an AC with the “Tute. Has done a terrific job at the Prep level. http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=12629 .......just to add, when I say terrific job I’m not just referring to W/L (which is excellent) but also in his recruiting to Salisbury. A boat load of his players have gone on to D1.
                    Last edited by turk181; 03-21-2017, 10:32 PM.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 22 March 2017. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pizza with the players tonight? Wonder how the turnout will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Section5forLife View Post
                          Pizza with the players tonight? Wonder how the turnout will be.
                          I will be there. Will let you know. Hopefully Dr Lee will let us know on any updates regarding our new coach. Will post any updates tonight.

Comment

I know that the conversation has been all about HC and or college experience, but Brad Tapper has been an AC at the professional level and fared very well as an RPI player.
                            I don't know if he would be interested, or even considered.
                            I just thought that I would throw his name out there.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I know that the conversation has been all about HC and or college experience, but Brad Tapper has been an AC at the professional level and fared very well as an RPI player.
                              I don't know if he would be interested, or even considered.
                              I just thought that I would throw his name out there.
                              Brad Tapper left RPI after his junior year. Did he ever return to complete his degree or complete it somewhere else? I am pretty sure that a requirement is a college degree.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

football schedule for the fall
                                http://rpiathletics.com/schedule.asp...&path=football
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X