Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    Not sure how this will pan out but 2 of the people that know alot more than I do thought he was the best of the 4 candidates for this program. Seemed to start circulating yesterday that is was between him and Gosek which could mean a couple differentry things. One is that they desired a coach with head coaching experience. Could be he just interviewed beter. Or maybe others weren't as interested as some thought.
    Appreciate the intel/insight JK. As TBone says, whoever it is deserves our full throated support

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

2-cents: Smith took over Canisius when they were beyond a train wreck - long time previous coach had been fired mid-season after alleged altercation with a player and the whole team was ready to mutiny. Very ugly situation and terrible PR for the school. Smith made them respectable in fairly short time and the last few seasons they've been pretty good by AHA standards. Not saying I won't be a bit shocked if they didn't pick Barr or Riga (assuming they wanted the position), but Smith does seem to have experience building up a program.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Really??!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It doesn't surprise me we want a HC, especially considering we've been burned by two ACs. Rinse and repeat what was said earlier about condemning. A point was also made that Belichick was a flop on his first coaching job, so maybe Smith will do better this time around. I think what we can conclude from this is that past performance does not guarantee future results. Alls I know is, whomever is named head coach, you have my support in your endeavor, but you also have 5 years to put a smile on my face, and then if you do, positive consistency is my expectation, whether we win, lose, or tie.
    Curious what do you consider a smile on your face in 5 yrs? Chance are right now no matter who you hire you won't even get some recruits to pick up the phone. It takes time unless you believe SA has the talent there and just couldn't develop it.

If it is indeed Smith, I am very surprised as I did not expect it. I hope some people with hockey knowledge were involved in the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    If it's smith I may never walk into the hfh again
    Are you going to leave here also?

The article says Barr was passed over. So much for the leading candidate. I'm pretty shocked it's not Ben's job, seeing he has ties to the area and the obvious reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    If I may digress from the subject of hockey for a moment -

RPI's baseball team had its home opener today (it wasn't an artistic success). There's an action photograph on the rpiathletics website.

The photograph shows an RPI player in a home white uniform, finishing his swing and getting ready to head for first base.

The thing that struck me about the photograph is that he appears to be standing on an entirely artificial turf field. No grass or dirt anywhere, even around home plate.

A question for those who are up in the Troy area - has the Tute actually resurfaced the baseball field in this manner, or is the photo on rpiathletics a file photo, taken during a game at some other site?
    Just killing time while we wait on the announcement.....hereís more baseball

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    The article says Barr was passed over. So much for the leading candidate. I'm pretty shocked it's not Ben's job, seeing he has ties to the area and the obvious reason.
    We have no idea how the interviews went. Ben could have said " im interested, but I want X salary, and Y resources...". Who knows ...

Let's Go #C40000

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    We have no idea how the interviews went. Ben could have said " im interested, but I want X salary, and Y resources...". Who knows ...
    If that's what happened, and RPI didn't budge, it's not Barr being passed over, it's Barr doing what's right for his career.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by realet View Post
    If that's what happened, and RPI didn't budge, it's not Barr being passed over, it's Barr doing what's right for his career.
    My point was none of us, including the reporter have any idea what went on during the interviews

Quote Originally Posted by realet View Post
    agreed

**** Lally School needs to stop offering classes in negotiations (or needs to start offering them to our administration).

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Whoever the new coach is, I hope they give him a secretary. And a little more support than they gave the last guy.
    If he gets the same support that they gave SA, I don't see any real chance of advancement.
    That being said, I don't know why someone with a head coaching job would change unless he was promised some support.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice.

I got that out of my system.

Let's Go #C40000

My point was none of us, including the reporter have any idea what went on during the interviews
    Unless he's talked to people who were involved in them, potentially including the interviewees.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Whoever the new coach is, I hope they give him a secretary. And a little more support than they gave the last guy.
    If he gets the same support that they gave SA, I don't see any real chance of advancement.
    That being said, I don't know why someone with a head coaching job would change unless he was promised some support.
    The ECAC is a better league than the AHA. Conceivably he will make more money at RPI.

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice.

I got that out of my system.
    Don't forget tomorrow

This has been an unmitigated disaster from the get go. We just replaced a guy with a guy who has basically the same winning % in a lesser league. Wow. Lee hired a firm with no hockey experience and gave the back of his hand to alumni like Joe Juneau, Garry Kearns, Chiarelli. I believe Coach Smith has had losing seasons in 8 of his 12 years. I’m an Apps guy, I get it but you got to be kidding me.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Don't forget tomorrow
    Huh?

Thread Information