X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Doc, great to have you back. It's hard to line up your analysis objectively, the team put in some rather abysmal efforts until Hackett was let go.
    In thinking back over the season, the one glaring difference, before and after Hackett, was the amount of giveaways in the offensive zone. With Hackett on the team, there were at least two or three giveaways in front of the net that led to easy goals for the opposition. Total lack of focus. After he left, we had hardly any of those such plays.
    I don't know what Hackett did, but he had a very negative influence on this team. JMO
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I would venture a guess, based on other handles and first-person testimonies, that he was Class of 89, or something specifically to do with that year.
      That was the same year which I found somewhere too -- the same class as Jason Moy and Kurt Stutt IIRC.

I checked the yearbooks for the four years he would have been at RPI and he is not in any of them. However, no one had #24, the number in the picture, his frosh year, so he could have worn it.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-09-2017, 07:26 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        This post speaks more about you than Dave. Trying to diminish people like this is what we try not to teach our children. Ive talked to Dave, he's a great family man and on ice official. A wonderful man and person. Have you no shame??
        If he is the guy I'm thinking of... no I have no shame. Just poking fun. Sorry your panties are in a wad after losing your binky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Later than that I think. He is however listed on the jersey. Click on the left picture. It's the first name which you see there.
          Must have the wrong guy then. Apologies to Mr. Aiello.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            If he is the guy I'm thinking of... no I have no shame. Just poking fun. Sorry your panties are in a wad after losing your binky.
            Tough guy, big talk on thread.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

no I have no shame.
              I concur
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                In thinking back over the season, the one glaring difference, before and after Hackett, was the amount of giveaways in the offensive zone. With Hackett on the team, there were at least two or three giveaways in front of the net that led to easy goals for the opposition. Total lack of focus. After he left, we had hardly any of those such plays.
                I don't know what Hackett did, but he had a very negative influence on this team. JMO

EHF, someone posted here, which doesn't lend a huge amount of credibility, that he skipped practice(s)....

That was the same year which I found somewhere too -- the same class as Jason Moy and Kurt Stutt IIRC.

I checked the yearbooks for the four years he would have been at RPI and he is not in any of them. However, no one had #24, the number in the picture, his frosh year, so he could have worn it.
                he's not in the hockeydb either, at all, having no hockey experience, prior to, or during his collegiate days. His twitter bio does include himself as an "RPI grad and RPI hockey alum"....
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by aspydad View Post
                  i concur
                  THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID THE FIRST TIME

Sorry about the big internet talk. I'm just really tough I've been told.

Comment

Does anyone know what the responsibilities are of the company hired for the coach choice? I can't believe that they will make the decision of whom to hire, so is it just soliciting applications? I would think that anyone who could remotely be interested in the job would know that there is a vacancy. Conceivably there are some possible candidates whom might waver on whether or not to apply due to any of many factors, and some might be worth trying to convince.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't lend any credibility? really
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Does anyone know what the responsibilities are of the company hired for the coach choice? I can't believe that they will make the decision of whom to hire, so is it just soliciting applications? I would think that anyone who could remotely be interested in the job would know that there is a vacancy. Conceivably there are some possible candidates whom might waver on whether or not to apply due to any of many factors, and some might be worth trying to convince.
                        Mostly vetting and ranking possible candidates. He could have told them to explore other avenues, such as pulling a coach away that was not initially interested.

In the end though, any coach truly worth his salt is going to ask what is going to be the commitment to funding and I do not just mean his salary.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          EHF, someone posted here, which doesn't lend a huge amount of credibility, that he skipped practice(s).....
                          Judging by the difference in the teams play, I have to believe that it was much more than missing practices.
                          I have to believe that it was much more team related. Either he had a problem with Perry coming in or he started to blame his teammates for the game results.
                          I have no evidence of either, just a guess on my part.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            I don't lend any credibility? really
                            Gee.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Take it easy.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Probably something similar to a job recruiter or human resources representative... they're given basic qualification needs from us, and after a "telephone screening", they are then setup with an interview with Dr. McElroy and company.

Comment

Working...
                                X