This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Would this be similar to what RPI will be paying Smith?
    Can't find SA on RPI's tax return, but Coach Bennett made $196,817 + an additional $54,004 for the FY ending 6/30/15.

Casey Jones made $243,426 + $45,319 for the same period.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Would this be similar to what RPI will be paying Smith?
      That'd be something if we paid bonuses like that.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          I don't believe that at all. We are not the easiest school to coach for (hell, I could recruit for BC, BU or Minnesota), but we are far from the worst. There were times when Union, UM-L and MTU were considered dead-end jobs. They were all in this years' tournament.
          Real key question is what happened to make that change in those three schools?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            Real key question is what happened to make that change in those three schools?
            Leaman, Bazin, Pearson.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

and then conger follows appert to MSU. That would be one heck of a turn of events!Seth will be at the $50 minimum bet window for life!

Comment

Been reading and thought about commenting but figured I'd hold off until dust settled a bit. Just to throw my opinion in on a few things:

- HFH is not a drag on the program... that's absurd. It's on par with or better than 1/2 the facilities out there. And the old barn has charm... ask anyone from Northeastern about old barns. It's not just the barn though.... it's the atmosphere and that changes with winning more than renovation.

- Someone claimed Harvard has a lousy rink. That's ridiculous. One of my favorite places to watch a college game.

- If Barr were the leader in the clubhouse... maybe the interview didn't go well? Or maybe he asked Fridge for inputs and based on local dope wanted assurances the admin wouldn't give

- I would gladly have found them as good or better a coach for $45K. Next time I'll get my bid in and then just hire Jooris

- Smith got the job, I don't know why, but I wish him well.

- All I want is a coach that can run a bench, make in game adjustments and instill discipline to a heady hockey team. A microcosm for the Appert era for me was watching Milos Bubela play selfish, lazy hockey and not suffer any consequences. My 12 year old, at the time, noticed it. A D1 coach can't let that happen - I don't care if you need to play club team players instead.

- No one is asking RPI to be a perennial powerhouse.. we just want a team that is entertaining and competes - with the occasional trip to Lake Placid... every third year or so would be fine.

- Stop whining about how hard it is to get into RPI. That's not the problem. Hockey is an elitist sport filled with Canadians and prep school kids. There are enough smart ones among them to get recruits. Plenty of those kids are interested in management and business.

- As for recruiting Yes... getting first round draft picks on a one and done might not be on the docket... but the overage player playing 4 years has a big strength advantage on the 18 year old wunderkid. Case in point... world juniors... Greenway was a beast against 18 and 19 year olds... was not so noticeable in HE games. Overage players who play 4 years is how Merrimack and UMass Lowell compete in HE.

Nice picture of Mr. Smith above. Does his wife look like Angeline Jolie?

Comment

Leaman, Bazin, Pearson.
                  More than that, funding changed, alums were welcomed back as connections were rekindled, in some case arena upgrades, and admin gave FULL support.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    More than that, funding changed, alums were welcomed back as connections were rekindled, in some case arena upgrades, and admin gave FULL support.
                    Sure there was more than the 3 coaches but as far as your list, 2 were met @ RPI; alums were welcomed back & there were arena upgrades. Maybe not to the extent of the other schools you mentioned, I have no idea on that. The other 2 probably were not. I think the main thing that has come out of the change is there is a need, a HUGE need, for full support from the administration.

Comment

Today is 6 April 2017. There are 178 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        and then conger follows appert to MSU. That would be one heck of a turn of events!Seth will be at the $50 minimum bet window for life!
                        Sadly, that all makes sense.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Press conference Youtube live link for the corresponding announcement, although the time listed is one of the biggest arguments for 24 hour time instead of AM/PM... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSPj0oqXKkw

Comment

Re: Mike McMahon's report on George Gwozdecky being a finalist at Michigan State... if that happens and Seth Appert becomes Associate Head Coach for Gwoz, good for Seth!

Comment

By the way, check out this pre-Frozen Four ranking:

https://***********/NCAAResearch/sta...19031830822913
                              Last edited by fr. joe; 04-06-2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Can't find SA on RPI's tax return, but Coach Bennett made $196,817 + an additional $54,004 for the FY ending 6/30/15.

Casey Jones made $243,426 + $45,319 for the same period.
                                If Casey Jones does not win something big soon, he may be on the next train out of town.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X