This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

The article says Barr was passed over. So much for the leading candidate. I'm pretty shocked it's not Ben's job, seeing he has ties to the area and the obvious reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      If I may digress from the subject of hockey for a moment -

RPI's baseball team had its home opener today (it wasn't an artistic success). There's an action photograph on the rpiathletics website.

The photograph shows an RPI player in a home white uniform, finishing his swing and getting ready to head for first base.

The thing that struck me about the photograph is that he appears to be standing on an entirely artificial turf field. No grass or dirt anywhere, even around home plate.

A question for those who are up in the Troy area - has the Tute actually resurfaced the baseball field in this manner, or is the photo on rpiathletics a file photo, taken during a game at some other site?
      Just killing time while we wait on the announcement.....here’s more baseball
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        The article says Barr was passed over. So much for the leading candidate. I'm pretty shocked it's not Ben's job, seeing he has ties to the area and the obvious reason.
        We have no idea how the interviews went. Ben could have said " im interested, but I want X salary, and Y resources...". Who knows ...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          We have no idea how the interviews went. Ben could have said " im interested, but I want X salary, and Y resources...". Who knows ...
          If that's what happened, and RPI didn't budge, it's not Barr being passed over, it's Barr doing what's right for his career.
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by realet View Post
            If that's what happened, and RPI didn't budge, it's not Barr being passed over, it's Barr doing what's right for his career.
            My point was none of us, including the reporter have any idea what went on during the interviews
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
              agreed
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

**** Lally School needs to stop offering classes in negotiations (or needs to start offering them to our administration).

Comment

Whoever the new coach is, I hope they give him a secretary. And a little more support than they gave the last guy.
                  If he gets the same support that they gave SA, I don't see any real chance of advancement.
                  That being said, I don't know why someone with a head coaching job would change unless he was promised some support.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice.

I got that out of my system.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My point was none of us, including the reporter have any idea what went on during the interviews
                      Unless he's talked to people who were involved in them, potentially including the interviewees.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Whoever the new coach is, I hope they give him a secretary. And a little more support than they gave the last guy.
                        If he gets the same support that they gave SA, I don't see any real chance of advancement.
                        That being said, I don't know why someone with a head coaching job would change unless he was promised some support.
                        The ECAC is a better league than the AHA. Conceivably he will make more money at RPI.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice. I must remember that I thought that Mike Addesa was a poor choice.

I got that out of my system.
                          Don't forget tomorrow
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

This has been an unmitigated disaster from the get go. We just replaced a guy with a guy who has basically the same winning % in a lesser league. Wow. Lee hired a firm with no hockey experience and gave the back of his hand to alumni like Joe Juneau, Garry Kearns, Chiarelli. I believe Coach Smith has had losing seasons in 8 of his 12 years. I’m an Apps guy, I get it but you got to be kidding me.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              Don't forget tomorrow
                              Huh?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X