This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Today is 15 March 2017. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Source? Or is this just your way of wanting to be relevant again?
      I have a hypothesis about some of his sources and why he would not want to reveal them, but in this case, the sources I believe him to have would not be privileged of this information.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Imagine if Maine had decided Shawn Walsh shouldn't be hired because he didn't have any HC experience...
        But were they burned by an AC with no HC experience? After all, Tim-may was previously a HC at UML... not to mention, his records didn't look as bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Source? Or is this just your way of wanting to be relevant again?
          Relevant ? Your an idiot. I'm an rpi fan and just want them to win again and get to lake placid.
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
            Article is an epic fail in so many ways, outside of Appert's personal attributes. So are many of the comments on this board. Excuses = Losers. With all that I am reading, why doesn't poor little RPI just move to Division III.
            Who wrote that article ?
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              Relevant ? Your an idiot. I'm an rpi fan and just want them to win again and get to lake placid.
              *you're

*RPI

*Lake

*Placid
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                I am not close enough to the program/institute to know the financials involved in the funding of the program. I'd like to think proper funding was/will be made available to whoever takes the job. Then again that opinion piece printed in the Troy Record seems to suggest otherwise.
                I remember when SA was hired there was reporting that RPI would increase the hockey budget beyond what Fridge had. Recruiting did seem to pick up - perhaps due to SA's capabilities, perhaps due to increased funding, likely some combination. In my mind the mediocrity has been less about budgets or recruiting, and more about actual coaching: lineups, game plans, motivation... This is why I'd prefer a candidate with previous head coaching success. I realize such a candidate can be difficult to entice and I'm not informed enough to know who could be poached. I hope we pony up if someone is available.

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                  I remember when SA was hired there was reporting that RPI would increase the hockey budget beyond what Fridge had. Recruiting did seem to pick up - perhaps due to SA's capabilities, perhaps due to increased funding, likely some combination. In my mind the mediocrity has been less about budgets or recruiting, and more about actual coaching: lineups, game plans, motivation... This is why I'd prefer a candidate with previous head coaching success. I realize such a candidate can be difficult to entice and I'm not informed enough to know who could be poached. I hope we pony up if someone is available.
                  I recall that SA got RPI to make other types of scholarship money available to hockey players. In the past it had been felt that because there were athletic scholarships, other scholarship funds were not ever given to hockey players. An example is minority scholarships which previous were not awarded to hockey players.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You need more than just a good HC, need the funding to back it, and that means more than HC salary or schollies which I would expect at a minimum are funded to the full extent allowed at RPI. You need the extra players that push the other players. Internal competition I'm sure most of you would agree is what pushes the players to get better.

Look at UNO, well known HC with previous success and what happened? Look at MTU (which plays in an old arena but kept immaculate and updated) which seems to be rising from the ashes, got a HC without any real HC experience but he would not come until they made the investment of proper funding. ND used to be a dumpster fire, (don't look behind the curtain) grabbed a proven winning HC and bumped up funding. Union, (GRRR salt in a wound) more needs to be said?

Comment

Originally posted by son-of-alumn View Post
                      Was told that the Ivies developed their own formula in recent years and agreed on admission standards for athletes, specifically to limit Cornell's advantage. Still strong academically though.

Categorically false. Harvard, Yale, Princeton cannot get kids in that Brown, Cornell, and Dartmouth can.

Comment

This is likely why names with success in the junior leagues have come up here, as that would be the obvious "step up" for a youth league head coach. Assistant coaches you might be able to judge bench experience if the head coach was suspended for a game, as what we really seem to be wanting is a good bench coach. An appropriate balance of all factors is the most desirable, as we shouldn't create an old comedy routine of over-compensating for a flaw.

Comment

Candace: I had the pleasure of meeting Seth on several occasions when Rensselaer came to Denver; the first time was right after he had taken the reins there. I’m sad to see him go. RPI is a tough program because of the academics. Seth had seemed to be on the verge of really getting things together a couple of times, but it just didn’t happen. Regardless, I wish him well and hope to see him in the college ranks again soon.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/07/tmq-...#ixzz4bPKlf8pM

Academics is no doubt an issue. Looking at media guides from Ivies, they usually take history, etc.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            Looks like mr Barr is the hire, will he bring in new assistants.
                            I think Nolan stays, only a guess. If its Barr.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

It looks like there has been an important upgrade to the HFH.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                It looks like there has been an important upgrade to the HFH.
                                Maybe they can finally replace the banners for the 12 ECAC schools that have been missing ever since the jumbotron upgrade too!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X