This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Given what we've seen with ECAV, the gear, and what not, I highly doubt funding is an issue.
    You say that but that was a general build up for everyone.

Depending how far things have fallen, 4-5 years is barely enough. Should be able to show improvement but don't expect much more.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Real question is, whatever coach gets hired IS there the proper funding for success?
      I am not close enough to the program/institute to know the financials involved in the funding of the program. I'd like to think proper funding was/will be made available to whoever takes the job. Then again that opinion piece printed in the Troy Record seems to suggest otherwise.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I could care less if it's Ben Barr, Jason Lammers, or Santa Claus. In my book, he/she gets five years (about the time it takes for your first recruits to become seniors; I won't hold the previous hand against the coach) to get something together to satisfy. If he/she pulls it off, consistency is what I look for. If it doesn't deliver, my support is lost.
        So 5 years to turn things around. Ok sounds solid. I'd think Santa might be busy around the holidays and wouldn't be totally focused on the team.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          I am not close enough to the program/institute to know the financials involved in the funding of the program. I'd like to think proper funding was/will be made available to whoever takes the job. Then again that opinion piece printed in the Troy Record seems to suggest otherwise.

CBS 6 had part of McElroy's interview from last week, and he made it sound like the administration is going to do whatever they can to help the new coach succeed moving forward..So who knows...it's towards the end of this video.

http://cbs6albany.com/sports/content/rpi-fires-head-hockey-coach
          Last edited by DavidSec17; 03-14-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Looks like mr Barr is the hire, will he bring in new assistants.
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              So 5 years to turn things around. Ok sounds solid. I'd think Santa might be busy around the holidays and wouldn't be totally focused on the team.
              Not to mention, how much does he know about hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                CBS 6 had part of McElroy's interview from last week, and he made it sound like the administration is going to do whatever they can to help the new coach succeed moving forward..So who knows...it's towards the end of this video.

http://cbs6albany.com/sports/content...d-hockey-coach
                And so he should. You'd expect that from any Athletics Department.

Comment

The site rpihockey.net has a poll up for who should be the next head coach. No surprise as to the top candidates, given the site... http://rpihockey.net/polls/

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    After one week? Not sure I buy this... After all, it took a month to find the last coach, not to mention they may not want to go for another AC...

Comment

Would you keep the guy who was in charge of the offense for the last 7 years?......same can be said for Vines & the D. I wouldn’t.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Source? Or is this just your way of wanting to be relevant again?
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

If it is, I am concerned that he has no Head Coach experience. I think that Jim Montgomery did the right thing to go to the USHL after RPI.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-14-2017, 08:41 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Read an article about the NMU Coaches dismissal on CHN, first fan comment was to hire Appert.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              If it is, I am concerned that he has no Head Coach experience. I think that Jim Montgomery did the right thing to go to the USHL after RPI.
                              I do see your point about the HCing job first but Barr has tutored under some pretty impressive HCs (http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=2061) where as Monty was a Volunteer in his 1 year at Notre Dame before working under Appert for 4yrs (http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=1527 )
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Imagine if Maine had decided Shawn Walsh shouldn't be hired because he didn't have any HC experience...
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X