Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    You have said this many times but these contracts are often broken.

Do we want a hockey player who doesn't want us?
    You mean like ol' whats his name from Harvard? ... whose name shall not be spoken?...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
    Let me see if I have this one correct...

4. Does a new HC at RPI even get a chance to prove his worth before all the experts pipe in?...
    Things are happening quickly. It's April. Let's see what happens...

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    You mean like ol' whats his name from Harvard? ... whose name shall not be spoken?...
    Wasn't he only a verbal, though?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

in other news.Denver is about to drop 2.1 mill n locker rooms....

Patron Saint of Defunct Teams

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Heck, Canisius doesn't really even have a rink to exclusively call home, yes? Weren't they previously sharing with Buffalo State? Obviously it's sort of the same deal with the Harborcenter, but at least it doesn't seem like they're constantly second banana in the schedule. The new coach (assuming he will be the new coach) already has a home rink, along with 5 more scholarships, as extra bargaining chips. And why shouldn't he bring in ACs of his choosing? Who knows, we may have hired a clutch-and-grab coach that doesn't fit with the previous up-tempo style.

People will pass judgement the second they hear something. I'm looking forward to October.
    In 2008 he(and Canisius) was at a rink comparable to the Knick Arena in Lansingburgh (Pepsi Center in Amherst, New York) Then they moved exclusively to Buffalo State's rink

Quote Originally Posted by CornwallAce View Post
    In 2008 he(and Canisius) was at a rink comparable to the Knick Arena in Lansingburgh (Pepsi Center in Amherst, New York) Then they moved exclusively to Buffalo State's rink
    So HFH and E.Campus is a major upgrade for him. Probably won`t be asking for upgrades any time soon.

The only ranking of recruiting classes which I have seen is by Neutral Zone https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/. UMass is not in the top ten. If you click on that you can see the preliminary top 5 for several years in the future. No UMass.
    https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/ran...team-rankings/ - #4

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

If Smith was the choice because he came cheapest, that calls into serious question the move to axe Appert, unless someone can illuminate me on what Smith brings to the table other than "not Appert."

And for you haters out there, I didn't have a problem with the move on its face, but the four years left on the contract were part of a gamble that didn't pay off. Is this doubling down on bad gambles?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Shirley does not care about anyone, she'll do exactly what she wants. Barr would have made fan base and alumni happy but that would have been the right thing to do. That should tell you she doesn't care. The metaphor for Shirley's stewardship of the hockey program is the empty luxury box at the west end.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Wasn't he only a verbal, though?
    Thus, his name shall not be spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    Shirley does not care about anyone, she'll do exactly what she wants. Barr would have made fan base and alumni happy but that would have been the right thing to do. That should tell you she doesn't care. The metaphor for Shirley's stewardship of the hockey program is the empty luxury box at the west end.
    Whether she cares or not, her presence at HFH/at 'red letter day' hockey events actions reflect very limited engagement at best.
    Many have written suggesting that Lee McE doesn't know hockey; do you suppose he's taking his lead from the top?

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan1 View Post
    tech to denver do you know where congers other interest is from
    with so many guys leaving early for the pros I would think several schools would have scholly $$ avail. There might be alot of kids switching schools due to coaching changes all over the country.

The only ranking of recruiting classes which I have seen is by Neutral Zone https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/. UMass is not in the top ten. If you click on that you can see the preliminary top 5 for several years in the future. No UMass.
    Quite frankly that site is off in a lot of ways, they have done a poor job in putting recruits in the correct year they are going to the school. Clarkson for example has 2018 recruits all in the 2017 which is what pushes them up the rankings, they also have Brendan Barry who has been decommitted from us for about 2 years. The site seemed to be headed in the right direction but they don't seem to have the man power to really give much info on a lot of recruits especially the ones committed to the smaller universities, I hate doing this because it is one of a kind but when I signed up for a month I found little info on Clarkson recruits, only on a few top Ontario kids, they were Jack Jacome and Nick Campoli who are 4.5-5* star players so they should have info on them. Cameron Ginnetti who was named 1st team all BCHL today the site had no info on him, I don't expect perfection but I do expect progress and from year one (last year) to year two (this year) in my experience, I don't see much improvement. UMass is getting top talent in large part due to Barr and the time and effort he puts in on the recruiting front, since Carvel has been announced they have racked up 17 commitments and a lot the commits are considered top young talent and they would have offers from the big schools as well.
    Last edited by techtodenver; 04-04-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan1 View Post
    tech to denver do you know where congers other interest is from
    I know his linemate Kevin Charyszyn would love to play with him but I don't think there is room at Clarkson. If I had to guess he will wait a bit and see who ends up in the coaching slot at UNO, he is from Boise so it would be closer to home and he has had a hot 2nd half along with Charyszyn so there will be plenty of interest.

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    Whether she cares or not, her presence at HFH/at 'red letter day' hockey events actions reflect very limited engagement at best.
    Many have written suggesting that Lee McE doesn't know hockey; do you suppose he's taking his lead from the top?
    At RPI, everyone is led from the top.

It's a virtual fiefdom, and the students more often than not are treated like serfs.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    Quite frankly that site is off in a lot of ways, they have done a poor job in putting recruits in the correct year they are going to the school. Clarkson for example has 2018 recruits all in the 2017 which is what pushes them up the rankings, they also have Brendan Barry who has been decommitted from us for about 2 years. The site seemed to be headed in the right direction but they don't seem to have the man power to really give much info on a lot of recruits especially the ones committed to the smaller universities, I hate doing this because it is one of a kind but when I signed up for a month I found little info on Clarkson recruits, only on a few top Ontario kids, they were Jack Jacome and Nick Campoli who are 4.5-5* star players so they should have info on them. Cameron Ginnetti who was named 1st team all BCHL today the site had no info on him, I don't expect perfection but I do expect progress and from year one (last year) to year two (this year) in my experience, I don't see much improvement. UMass is getting top talent in large part due to Barr and the time and effort he puts in on the recruiting front, since Carvel has been announced they have racked up 17 commitments and a lot the commits are considered top young talent and they would have offers from the big schools as well.
    The two highest rated commits slated to go to UMass in 2017 - Cale Makar (5 Star) and John Leonard (4 Star) - committed before Carvel/Barr arrived. Austin Albrecht is their only 4 star recruit, so far. Makar and Leonard pull the UMass ranking on Neutral Zone up to 4th overall.

Neutral Zone provides detailed, informative scouting reports on hundreds of college prospects. Their staff are professional scouts, not sports writers with opinions. There are some mistakes in their class listings for some colleges which could be cleaned up.
    Last edited by C-H-C; 04-04-2017 at 10:52 PM.

I thought there was a chance of hitting the 1,000th post today and then the next title could have been We April 4th Into The Future

Today is 5 April 2017. There are 179 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

When I suggested "Make RPI Great Again" as a title several months ago, it was nixed, probably because of the political overtones. How about using DC Metro's "Back2Good" slogan https://www.wmata.com/about/back2good/? It may be a bit more realistic also.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

When I suggested "Make RPI Great Again" as a title several months ago, it was nixed, probably because of the political overtones. How about using DC Metro's "Back2Good" slogan https://www.wmata.com/about/back2good/? It may be a bit more realistic also.
    Would have been funnier if we had a Russian recruit or two.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information