Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

I'm an Implant Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    Wow you're old. Just kidding.
    Hey! Not old, maybe seasoned.

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Hearing that there are a number of players on the interview team, which from what I'm told is substantially large. Do you think the AD will listen to who the players feel is the best of the 4 candidates? Considering this is their future and that those already here can't really go any where, they have a lot to win/lose in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalFan View Post
    Hearing that there are a number of players on the interview team, which from what I'm told is substantially large. Do you think the AD will listen to who the players feel is the best of the 4 candidates? Considering this is their future and that those already here can't really go any where, they have a lot to win/lose in this process.
    It seems wrong to me for current players to be involved -- you don't hire your boss. Alums, even current seniors is fine, but not players who will play for him.

If it’s just a cursory thing, ok, but you don’t have players who will be gone in 1,2,3 yrs. have a voice in this. Maybe it’s like the Hobey voting where the fans vote is 1%.....but hey, we included you.

Really??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It seems wrong to me for current players to be involved -- you don't hire your boss. Alums, even current seniors is fine, but not players who will play for him.
    I can see the players giving some input, like an end of season interview so to speak. Responding to what worked or did not but in the actual interview? Not sure about that. In the end no matter who is chosen, the question is funding.

Tough 2 days for #26. Yesterday Foo & today DeSimone, who just signed with SJ.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Victory fo- ...nah...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Tough 11 years for #55

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    Tough 11 years for #55
    That is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Victory fo- ...nah...
    I can't translate for this moron but I'm guessing the underlying meaning is... JEALOUS!!!!!

If itís just a cursory thing, ok, but you donít have players who will be gone in 1,2,3 yrs. have a voice in this. Maybe itís like the Hobey voting where the fans vote is 1%.....but hey, we included you.
    Why? When picking a school they are really picking a coach to play for so why then not have their input? Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision. And many corporations today have the employee involved in interviewing their bosses, its really pretty common. Why should the opinion of the janitorial staff or financial aid officials or professors weigh more than the student athlete? If you believe the players shouldn't be involved then how do you feel about the current Assistant Coaches? They're involved in the process, they want to keep their jobs so wouldn't you think Nolan Graham is going to push for Ben Barr since they were teammates and the likelihood of him staying on would be greater? Today's player knows what it takes to win and what their short comings are, shouldn't they at least be afforded the opportunity to make a case for the candidate they feel is best for them and the institution going forward? Just like any business hiring the CEO or in this case the AD is going to make the final decision. In the case of SLU, they hired a coach that the players were not supportive of and if you talk to the parents of those players it hasn't been a good match. IMO and its just my opinion the student athletes currently involved have the most at stake and they should at least be listened to. I'm not saying they should make the decision but their opinions should at least have a voice. And RPI is not the only school that has players as a part of the process. This again is common practice.

What player knows what connections (for recruiting) a candidate has to say, BC or Ontario or Sweden, etc. Yeah, the current players will be playing for the new HC this year (Seniors anyway) but what about down the road? I just don’t see the need for players to be involved.....at least not in the final decision. Graham’s offensive schemes were woefully inadequate so I’m hoping the new HC will be bringing in someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalFan View Post
    Why? When picking a school they are really picking a coach to play for so why then not have their input? Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision. And many corporations today have the employee involved in interviewing their bosses, its really pretty common. Why should the opinion of the janitorial staff or financial aid officials or professors weigh more than the student athlete? If you believe the players shouldn't be involved then how do you feel about the current Assistant Coaches? They're involved in the process, they want to keep their jobs so wouldn't you think Nolan Graham is going to push for Ben Barr since they were teammates and the likelihood of him staying on would be greater? Today's player knows what it takes to win and what their short comings are, shouldn't they at least be afforded the opportunity to make a case for the candidate they feel is best for them and the institution going forward? Just like any business hiring the CEO or in this case the AD is going to make the final decision. In the case of SLU, they hired a coach that the players were not supportive of and if you talk to the parents of those players it hasn't been a good match. IMO and its just my opinion the student athletes currently involved have the most at stake and they should at least be listened to. I'm not saying they should make the decision but their opinions should at least have a voice. And RPI is not the only school that has players as a part of the process. This again is common practice.
    I agree with turk that it is OK for players to give some input, but they shouldn't be interviewing. As to Graham staying on, wouldn't one of the assistants have to be able to coach goalies?

I agree with turk that it is OK for players to give some input, but they shouldn't be interviewing. As to Graham staying on, wouldn't one of the assistants have to be able to coach goalies?
    ....bring back Darren Puppa AND Oatesy!!!!!

Really??!!
    usually it's a HC decision who he keeps or wants as AC. He may keep one for continuity but otherwise they clean house typically

It is input nothing more. As for interviewing one can't provide input unless they are part of the process. As for a Goalie Coach, Volunteer AC for many teams are the goalie coaches but yes one of the coaches should be coaching the goalies.

VERY interesting article on twitter via WAP about PO`d alum are with program .someone better than me on the computer might want to get it posted into this thread.

I'm an Implant Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jstadts View Post
    VERY interesting article on twitter via WAP about PO`d alum are with program .someone better than me on the computer might want to get it posted into this thread.

I agree - timing is interesting

https://twitter.com/daveaiello/statu...65822289641473

Eye opening article. Thanks for posting link.

direct link to Record article
    http://www.troyrecord.com/general-ne...ampaign=buffer

most interesting

Thread Information