X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I agree with turk that it is OK for players to give some input, but they shouldn't be interviewing. As to Graham staying on, wouldn't one of the assistants have to be able to coach goalies?

It is input nothing more. As for interviewing one can't provide input unless they are part of the process. As for a Goalie Coach, Volunteer AC for many teams are the goalie coaches but yes one of the coaches should be coaching the goalies.

Comment

VERY interesting article on twitter via WAP about PO`d alum are with program .someone better than me on the computer might want to get it posted into this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
        VERY interesting article on twitter via WAP about PO`d alum are with program .someone better than me on the computer might want to get it posted into this thread.

I agree - timing is interesting

https://***********/daveaiello/status/847565822289641473
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Eye opening article. Thanks for posting link.

Comment

direct link to Record article
            http://www.troyrecord.com/general-ne...ampaign=buffer

most interesting
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the story....... What really bothers me about what is happening there now is that the administration doesn’t seem to care,” said Frank Chiarelli, who captained the 1954 title team, and scored 155 goals in a four-year career. “They have available to them, in the immediate Tri-City area, a group of RPI hockey graduates, knowledgeable people. And that they would take to hire a coach, and have the people that select the coach that are not hockey people, is unconscionable... To me it looks like they couldn’t care less. They just completely ignore the tradition that exists there.” http://www.troyrecord.com/general-ne...ampaign=buffer
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

This is disheartening and yes very eye opening. Kind of sheds a new light on the coaching search.
                Last edited by DavidSec17; 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

seems to me hiring A search firm with no college hockey background was a real kick in the spuds for hockey alum.Shirley is a real piece of work.If I were her i wouldn`t bother sending donation letters to any of them. They are really ticked and rightfully so IMO

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                    Why? When picking a school they are really picking a coach to play for so why then not have their input? Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision. And many corporations today have the employee involved in interviewing their bosses, its really pretty common. Why should the opinion of the janitorial staff or financial aid officials or professors weigh more than the student athlete? If you believe the players shouldn't be involved then how do you feel about the current Assistant Coaches? They're involved in the process, they want to keep their jobs so wouldn't you think Nolan Graham is going to push for Ben Barr since they were teammates and the likelihood of him staying on would be greater? Today's player knows what it takes to win and what their short comings are, shouldn't they at least be afforded the opportunity to make a case for the candidate they feel is best for them and the institution going forward? Just like any business hiring the CEO or in this case the AD is going to make the final decision. In the case of SLU, they hired a coach that the players were not supportive of and if you talk to the parents of those players it hasn't been a good match. IMO and its just my opinion the student athletes currently involved have the most at stake and they should at least be listened to. I'm not saying they should make the decision but their opinions should at least have a voice. And RPI is not the only school that has players as a part of the process. This again is common practice.
                    Did you just make the SLU part up? From what was reported last year the players (about 5 or 6 upperclassmen) were all on the search committee. The only one I can really be sure of is Dahl, don't know who the others were but they were involved in the process.

Comment

most interesting
                      Certainly hard to fathom why they wouldn't include the brethren. Also sheds spotlight on how many hats Seth was wearing....
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        Did you just make the SLU part up? From what was reported last year the players (about 5 or 6 upperclassmen) were all on the search committee. The only one I can really be sure of is Dahl, don't know who the others were but they were involved in the process.
                        Nope, not making the SLU part up. Players favored a different candidate not the coach that was hired.

Comment

most interesting
                          I wonder if The Polytecnic Sports Editor or the President of the Union ever sees this thread? Or have this brought to their attention? Every now and then you come across some real news in the Troy Record...
                          (Thank you, Sam Blum.)
                          Last edited by fr. joe; 03-30-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                            Nope, not making the SLU part up. Players favored a different candidate not the coach that was hired.
                            Typical SLU, Marsh probably pushed Morris right to the top, interesting to find out, thanks.

Comment

Record article about the future of RPI hockey http://www.troyrecord.com/opinion/20...ive-rpi-hockey.
                              .....after reading today’s article I looked to see who the author was. Seeing it was Sam Blum, nice job BTW, I wondered if it was from the same person who wrote that “fluff” piece earlier (which is what I copied above). No name was in the by-line though.....
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Random thoughts/rants:

- Great reporting by Blum -- best piece of real RPI hockey journalism we've seen in quite some time

- I'm on record as supporting McElroy because I witnessed what he did at UA --and I'll own that stance. That said, his response to the reporter's inquiry was ARROGANT and JUVENILE. It sends an F U message to alumni and fans....Horrible. HORRIBLE

- Having attended the AD's hockey pizza party, I couldn't help but soak in the symbolism when they didn't have enough pizza for the crowd. Mix in the alumni snub, and clearly we are a program at a crossroads. Either they are going to create the framework AND funding to make this a competitive D1 program, or we will wither away. I don't see any middle ground.

The optics of this search are awful. Kevin Beattie needs to start earning his pay and get some positive news perking...ASAP
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X