X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Shirley does not care about anyone, she'll do exactly what she wants. Barr would have made fan base and alumni happy but that would have been the right thing to do. That should tell you she doesn't care. The metaphor for Shirley's stewardship of the hockey program is the empty luxury box at the west end.
    Whether she cares or not, her presence at HFH/at 'red letter day' hockey events actions reflect very limited engagement at best.
    Many have written suggesting that Lee McE doesn't know hockey; do you suppose he's taking his lead from the top?

Comment

Originally posted by nhlfan1 View Post
      tech to denver do you know where congers other interest is from
      with so many guys leaving early for the pros I would think several schools would have scholly $$ avail. There might be alot of kids switching schools due to coaching changes all over the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The only ranking of recruiting classes which I have seen is by Neutral Zone https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/. UMass is not in the top ten. If you click on that you can see the preliminary top 5 for several years in the future. No UMass.
        Quite frankly that site is off in a lot of ways, they have done a poor job in putting recruits in the correct year they are going to the school. Clarkson for example has 2018 recruits all in the 2017 which is what pushes them up the rankings, they also have Brendan Barry who has been decommitted from us for about 2 years. The site seemed to be headed in the right direction but they don't seem to have the man power to really give much info on a lot of recruits especially the ones committed to the smaller universities, I hate doing this because it is one of a kind but when I signed up for a month I found little info on Clarkson recruits, only on a few top Ontario kids, they were Jack Jacome and Nick Campoli who are 4.5-5* star players so they should have info on them. Cameron Ginnetti who was named 1st team all BCHL today the site had no info on him, I don't expect perfection but I do expect progress and from year one (last year) to year two (this year) in my experience, I don't see much improvement. UMass is getting top talent in large part due to Barr and the time and effort he puts in on the recruiting front, since Carvel has been announced they have racked up 17 commitments and a lot the commits are considered top young talent and they would have offers from the big schools as well.
        Last edited by techtodenver; 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlfan1 View Post
          tech to denver do you know where congers other interest is from
          I know his linemate Kevin Charyszyn would love to play with him but I don't think there is room at Clarkson. If I had to guess he will wait a bit and see who ends up in the coaching slot at UNO, he is from Boise so it would be closer to home and he has had a hot 2nd half along with Charyszyn so there will be plenty of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Whether she cares or not, her presence at HFH/at 'red letter day' hockey events actions reflect very limited engagement at best.
            Many have written suggesting that Lee McE doesn't know hockey; do you suppose he's taking his lead from the top?
            At RPI, everyone is led from the top.

It's a virtual fiefdom, and the students more often than not are treated like serfs.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              Quite frankly that site is off in a lot of ways, they have done a poor job in putting recruits in the correct year they are going to the school. Clarkson for example has 2018 recruits all in the 2017 which is what pushes them up the rankings, they also have Brendan Barry who has been decommitted from us for about 2 years. The site seemed to be headed in the right direction but they don't seem to have the man power to really give much info on a lot of recruits especially the ones committed to the smaller universities, I hate doing this because it is one of a kind but when I signed up for a month I found little info on Clarkson recruits, only on a few top Ontario kids, they were Jack Jacome and Nick Campoli who are 4.5-5* star players so they should have info on them. Cameron Ginnetti who was named 1st team all BCHL today the site had no info on him, I don't expect perfection but I do expect progress and from year one (last year) to year two (this year) in my experience, I don't see much improvement. UMass is getting top talent in large part due to Barr and the time and effort he puts in on the recruiting front, since Carvel has been announced they have racked up 17 commitments and a lot the commits are considered top young talent and they would have offers from the big schools as well.
              The two highest rated commits slated to go to UMass in 2017 - Cale Makar (5 Star) and John Leonard (4 Star) - committed before Carvel/Barr arrived. Austin Albrecht is their only 4 star recruit, so far. Makar and Leonard pull the UMass ranking on Neutral Zone up to 4th overall.

Neutral Zone provides detailed, informative scouting reports on hundreds of college prospects. Their staff are professional scouts, not sports writers with opinions. There are some mistakes in their class listings for some colleges which could be cleaned up.
              Last edited by C-H-C; 04-04-2017, 10:52 PM.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I thought there was a chance of hitting the 1,000th post today and then the next title could have been We April 4th Into The Future

Comment

Today is 5 April 2017. There are 179 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

When I suggested "Make RPI Great Again" as a title several months ago, it was nixed, probably because of the political overtones. How about using DC Metro's "Back2Good" slogan https://www.wmata.com/about/back2good/? It may be a bit more realistic also.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      When I suggested "Make RPI Great Again" as a title several months ago, it was nixed, probably because of the political overtones. How about using DC Metro's "Back2Good" slogan https://www.wmata.com/about/back2good/? It may be a bit more realistic also.
                      Would have been funnier if we had a Russian recruit or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Section5forLife View Post
                        We missed the boat on this one. HockeyBill is 100% correct. We will watch from afar as Ben Barr builds and leads another program (not RPI) to great success.
                        also - almost every high school, prep and junior hockey player knows Barr...and he knows them!

Comment

All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            If Smith was the choice because he came cheapest, that calls into serious question the move to axe Appert, unless someone can illuminate me on what Smith brings to the table other than "not Appert."

And for you haters out there, I didn't have a problem with the move on its face, but the four years left on the contract were part of a gamble that didn't pay off. Is this doubling down on bad gambles?
                            Is it possible Appert was let go due to a single event? His handling of Hackett's release seemed amateurish all around and raised a lot of questions, and I wonder if he was getting fired at season's end regardless of the season's outcome. RPI doesn't move as swift as it did w/ Appert on anything, and it's a response that aligns with this is what we have just seen - basically replacing the current coach with another who has about as similar of a track record as you can find.
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.
                              Thank you, FlagDUDE...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRQZuzBTKeQ
                              1:02 I think there's a little symbolism here...

I'm not pleased with the process and, clearly, neither are many of you. I'm still very concerned with the whole manner of coach Appert's dismissal and the selection process that has brought us to this point. I'm concerned with the leadership exercised by the President and AD. (Wonder if our leadership is familiar with Jimmy Breslin's Does Anybody Here Know How to Play This Game?)

I trust the Board of Trustees is watching this unfold. They have a $90,000 question to ask.

I support the coaches and players. The folks in the VIP lounge? Don't ask.
                              Last edited by fr. joe; 04-05-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Your next threads title should be: RPI Hockey: In Smith We Trust

You need to jump on board the ship, not dive after the life rafts. Give the guy a chance.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X