This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Fox News Sunday accomplished nothing this morning. Waste of time.

Meet the Press did a decent job today.

EDIT: Kepler,

I think Martha Raddatz is doing a good job. It's tough reporting when all the President does is lie.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
      I think the only reason is because of the magic "r'' next to Trump's name. If Trump was a "d" the impeachment papers would already be drawn up and the judiciary committee would be in full swing. Trump's transgressions in 6 weeks in office already make Nixon look like the paragon of ethical virtue and his administration positively above legal reproach. No fate after death is too unkind for what currently pass as our elected "statesmen."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
        Honestly, because nothing he's done to this point rises to the level of a "high crime or misdemeanor" (in the Constitutional sense).

Impeachment and removal of a sitting President is serious stuff. It's happened once, and I'm pretty sure most here talking about it weren't alive the last time it happened.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Honestly, because nothing he's done to this point rises to the level of a "high crime or misdemeanor" (in the Constitutional sense).

Impeachment and removal of a sitting President is serious stuff. It's happened once, and I'm pretty sure most here talking about it weren't alive the last time it happened.
          Um, no it hasn't. We've never removed a president, although we have impeached 2, and I'm certain virtually everyone in this particular forum was alive when it happened last. Only Ralph was probably alive the first time it happened.

Comment

Blind squirrel alert: What if, what, if, Trump's wiretapping allegation is ... right.

There was a request to the FISA court. What if someone got overzealous after the FISA court denial and did it anyway. I give this a 1 in 250 chance of having happened, but, even blind squirrels ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No president has ever been removed from office. Two have been impeached.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Get Out of Our Country...They Must All Be Native Americans

But remember...this isnt about a bunch of people filled with hatred. Thisguy probably shot the Sikh because he wants more jobs!!!
                The sad irony in all these cases is how hard it is for these yeehawdists to find an actual Muslim.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  Um, no it hasn't. We've never removed a president, although we have impeached 2, and I'm certain virtually everyone in this particular forum was alive when it happened last. Only Ralph was probably alive the first time it happened.
                  Touché. Yes, you are correct, Tricky Dick resigned rather than face the inevitable. Who here remembers Walter Crankcase reporting that news? Old Walt was shaken by that, and he was no Nixon fan.

And Clinton? That helped set the stage for this chaos. If lying under oath and losing your law license because of it isn't enough to cause a President to be removed, it's going to take a lot more than we've seen so far. Buckle up.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Blind squirrel alert: What if, what, if, Trump's wiretapping allegation is ... right.

There was a request to the FISA court. What if someone got overzealous after the FISA court denial and did it anyway. I give this a 1 in 250 chance of having happened, but, even blind squirrels ...
                    So if it did, given that we know that calls were monitored to Russia, perhaps they had something to work on. If it's possible that don was wiretapped, there has to be a reason for the request- and the rather obvious reason is Russia.

Which is worse, then? don being wiretapped or him doing something illegal with the Ruskies?

Comment

An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 03-05-2017, 02:22 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My guess is Trump is absolutely correct. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably naive. The thing is though, how can we ever know? If it comes out they discovered Trump was doing something illegal but that info was gathered with unauthorized (and therefore illegal) surveillance they out themselves by revealing it. Sort of the quandary Eisenhower faced when during the 1960 election. Kennedy was making claims of missile gaps and other military disadvantages that were just not true. For Eisenhower to believably discredit JFK he would have had to reveal we were spying on the Russians in ways that were top-secret, ways we denied and ways that were technically acts of war.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          My guess is Trump is absolutely correct. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably naive.
                          Based on his track record of being a truthful man?

That is the most absurd start to a post I have ever seen on this board.
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-05-2017, 02:31 PM.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

But keep telling us how you didn't support Trump during the election.

Comment

An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
                              The core allegation was that he was wiretapped, then don made the presumption of legality of that.

There are all sort of reasons why people get legally wiretapped.

It would be interesting to find out how they were illegally wiretapped.

Then again, lets not get tied up only in the legalities of the accused tap, but lets also look at any illegal things were done over the phone. For the most part, the illegal tap just means you can't use the information, not that something illegal wasn't done.

edit- others have pointed out the same thing- and by the time October rolled around, don was already noted as a risk to the daily intel briefings.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                But keep telling us how you didn't support Trump during the election.
                                I didn't.

Apparently, a hypothetical (that I put at 1 in 250; that WANDH said would be naive to NOT believe) is "support"?

Does that make WANDH a "Trump supporter" too?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X