Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

  1. #121
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    61,956

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

    Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

    I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
    Or there was a legal one obtained from the FISA Court.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  2. #122
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Or there was a legal one obtained from the FISA Court.
    Let's assume a (FISA) legal one now; either (a) it found something and someone is sitting on it and that is a problem as illegalities should be brought forth, or (b) it found nothing and someone is left to be wrong in their suspicions and efforts.

  3. #123
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Or there was a legal one obtained from the FISA Court.
    Nope. He's already convinced himself Obama did it and Trump isn't just making shiat up, because he's an independent (of the Fark variety) and his gut tells him the truthiness is right.
    Last edited by unofan; 03-05-2017 at 02:59 PM.

  4. #124
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Nope. He's already convinced himself Obama did it and Trump isn't just making shiat up, because he's an independent (of the Fark variety) and his gut tells him the truthiness is right.
    You must've missed it when I said ... "I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or ... "

    But, keep projecting, it adds humor to my day.

  5. #125
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Based on his track record of being a truthful man?

    That is the most absurd start to a post I have ever seen on this board.
    No not based on Trump's record you moron. Based on the fact that our government is sneaky and underhanded and presidents of all parties have forever bent the rules to accomplish whatever goals they felt were important. Sometimes those goals may have been noble and sometimes they were awful, but the bending still went on. If you think that the Obama administration was not gathering intelligence on Trump I don't know what kind of a grasp on U.S. history you have.

  6. #126
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    No not based on Trump's record you moron. Based on the fact that our government is sneaky and underhanded and presidents of all parties have forever bent the rules to accomplish whatever goals they felt were important. Sometimes those goals may have been noble and sometimes they were awful, but the bending still went on. If you think that the Obama administration was not gathering intelligence on Trump I don't know what kind of a grasp on U.S. history you have.
    In a word: Yup.
    And some actually get caught (see: Tricky Dick).
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 03-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.

  7. #127
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    The sad irony in all these cases is how hard it is for these yeehawdists to find an actual Muslim.
    C'mon, they all look the same. Brown, wearing bedsheets.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  8. #128
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

    Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

    I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
    Legal one, approved by the FISA court, looking into allegations of money transfers between Russian banks and members of Trump's organization, from what I've read.

    Not Obama tapping his phone cuz .......................President.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  9. #129
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,294

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Let's assume a (FISA) legal one now; either (a) it found something and someone is sitting on it and that is a problem as illegalities should be brought forth, or (b) it found nothing and someone is left to be wrong in their suspicions and efforts.
    let's also assume there were aliens from jupiter installing the legal taps
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  10. #130
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    let's also assume there were aliens from jupiter installing the legal taps
    Were not.
    They were Martians, and they all had ... (wait for it) ... green cards.

  11. #131
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Legal one, approved by the FISA court, looking into allegations of money transfers between Russian banks and members of Trump's organization, from what I've read.

    Not Obama tapping his phone cuz .......................President.
    OK, like I said, in a legal tap scenario they got (a) something and thus comes the question where is it because if illegalities have happened they need to be brought out, or (b) they got nothing (but egg on faces).

  12. #132
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    28,823
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Blind squirrel alert: What if, what, if, Trump's wiretapping allegation is ... right.

    There was a request to the FISA court. What if someone got overzealous after the FISA court denial and did it anyway. I give this a 1 in 250 chance of having happened, but, even blind squirrels ...
    Obama could not have ordered them that is the part of his allegations that will always be false no matter what facts are fleshed out.

    Whether or not they occurred are irrelevant to his overall accusation. As is whether or not anything was found. If they found nothing that'd never announced and doesn't prove nothing happened elsewhere.

    And yet the drum of contortionists continues.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-05-2017 at 04:36 PM.

  13. #133
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Comey has now publicly asked DOJ to refute the claims by Trump to protect the integrity of the FBI. And the FBI and DOJ are both now on record as "no comment" so far.

    Right now Comey is really hung out to dry: he's calling Trump a liar and so far the FBI and DOJ are silent.

    Along with concerns about potential attacks on the bureauís credibility, senior F.B.I. officials are said to be worried that the notion of a court-approved wiretap will raise the publicís expectations that the federal authorities have significant evidence implicating the Trump campaign in colluding with Russiaís efforts to disrupt the presidential election.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/u...ones.html?_r=0

  14. #134
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    OK, like I said, in a legal tap scenario they got (a) something and thus comes the question where is it because if illegalities have happened they need to be brought out, or (b) they got nothing (but egg on faces).
    From what I read, that tap didn't get anything. Doesn't mean investigation isn't still ongoing. and you don't talk about things found in ongoing investigations until you're ready to either charge, or quit.

    Nothing you won't make excuses for, is there?
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  15. #135
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    20,012

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    No not based on Trump's record you moron. Based on the fact that our government is sneaky and underhanded and presidents of all parties have forever bent the rules to accomplish whatever goals they felt were important. Sometimes those goals may have been noble and sometimes they were awful, but the bending still went on. If you think that the Obama administration was not gathering intelligence on Trump I don't know what kind of a grasp on U.S. history you have.
    Wow. You seem nice.

  16. #136

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    49,251

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    senior F.B.I. officials are said to be worried that the notion of a court-approved wiretap will raise the public’s expectations that the federal authorities have significant evidence implicating the Trump campaign in colluding with Russia’s efforts to disrupt the presidential election.
    That's the amazing part of this. For the president to get a wiretap he needs to demonstrate evidence to the FISA court, so if Trump is to be believed he is saying "I'm guilty enough for a court to agree to wiretap me!"

    If the GOP came down on Trump like a ton of bricks to protect the rule of law, they'd be heroes and they'd even get what they want: a competent hatchet man (Pence) in the Oval. But they are so terrified of the ignorant, vicious animals they've unleashed that they won't do it.

    If the Libertarians had a competent leadership they could supplant the GOP as a major party in six months.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  17. #137
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Now, rufus, you just hypothesized an ongoing investigation. Isn't that "excuse making" as well?

    But, I won't call it that. I will acknowledge it as a real possibility. But, in that case, the FBI has a leak (because the knowledge of the tap in an ongoing investigation shouldn't have gotten out).

  18. #138
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    108,900

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No president has ever been removed from office. Two have been impeached.
    Correct. And impeachment does NOT mean removal from office. Actually had to explain that to someone who believed that Clinton was never impeached. Yeah.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #139
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    20,012

    Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

    The libertarians are just republicans rebranded. It's like when Comcast started calling themselves Xfinity.

    The libertarian friends I know aren't up in arms about anything except that Sessions may be going after their precious weed. They're just stoner washouts from the Reublican party who don't care as long as they get theirs. It's a useless movement.

  20. #140
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    ...so if Trump is to be believed he is saying "I'm guilty enough for a court to agree to wiretap me!"
    Either Trump knows they have nothing (meaning he's clean and the tap proves the witchhunt meme he's pushing) or this is the most power laden game of chicken in American history.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •