Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I will say CNN also called Trump out for his false claims that Obama wiretapped him. The headline even called them false when I saw it at work...

Trump is having full on paranoid delusions...I ean we are literally watching him melt down before our eyes!
    If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
    Same reason Republicans didn't impeach Obama: At this point, if he goes out, he's a martyr. And, to learn from Clinton's impeachment, if he isn't removed, he is vindicated. This is why they're trying to destroy his reputation first.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Get Out of Our Country...They Must All Be Native Americans

But remember...this isnt about a bunch of people filled with hatred. Thisguy probably shot the Sikh because he wants more jobs!!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Inspired by Actual Events
    The flaming idiocy of our "leadership" is why. The country is burning down and they'll spend a week shouting that Kate was asking to be raped and drowned by putting her feet on the couch... the Repub have sold their souls; and the dems are out chasing squirrels...

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    The flaming idiocy of our "leadership" is why. The country is burning down and they'll spend a week shouting that Kate was asking to be raped and drowned by putting her feet on the couch... the Repub have sold their souls; and the dems are out chasing squirrels...
    Watching the Sunday shows, ABC at least is pathetic. They are still playing the "these explosive allegations" game. This is Trump repeating a Breitbart lie. In doing so he's breaking one of the most important democratic traditions we have: the successor administration is trying to criminalize the precursor administration just because the parties have changed.

This isn't "the leadership". The GOP is insane. The only hope is the electorate.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-05-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Fox News Sunday accomplished nothing this morning. Waste of time.

Meet the Press did a decent job today.

EDIT: Kepler,

I think Martha Raddatz is doing a good job. It's tough reporting when all the President does is lie.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

I think the only reason is because of the magic "r'' next to Trump's name. If Trump was a "d" the impeachment papers would already be drawn up and the judiciary committee would be in full swing. Trump's transgressions in 6 weeks in office already make Nixon look like the paragon of ethical virtue and his administration positively above legal reproach. No fate after death is too unkind for what currently pass as our elected "statesmen."

Kichizapi Chetan
    Honestly, because nothing he's done to this point rises to the level of a "high crime or misdemeanor" (in the Constitutional sense).

Impeachment and removal of a sitting President is serious stuff. It's happened once, and I'm pretty sure most here talking about it weren't alive the last time it happened.

\../ \../

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Honestly, because nothing he's done to this point rises to the level of a "high crime or misdemeanor" (in the Constitutional sense).

Impeachment and removal of a sitting President is serious stuff. It's happened once, and I'm pretty sure most here talking about it weren't alive the last time it happened.
    Um, no it hasn't. We've never removed a president, although we have impeached 2, and I'm certain virtually everyone in this particular forum was alive when it happened last. Only Ralph was probably alive the first time it happened.

Kichizapi Chetan

Blind squirrel alert: What if, what, if, Trump's wiretapping allegation is ... right.

There was a request to the FISA court. What if someone got overzealous after the FISA court denial and did it anyway. I give this a 1 in 250 chance of having happened, but, even blind squirrels ...

Lucia Apologist

No president has ever been removed from office. Two have been impeached.

lucky penguin

Get Out of Our Country...They Must All Be Native Americans

But remember...this isnt about a bunch of people filled with hatred. Thisguy probably shot the Sikh because he wants more jobs!!!
    The sad irony in all these cases is how hard it is for these yeehawdists to find an actual Muslim.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Kichizapi Chetan
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Um, no it hasn't. We've never removed a president, although we have impeached 2, and I'm certain virtually everyone in this particular forum was alive when it happened last. Only Ralph was probably alive the first time it happened.
    Touché. Yes, you are correct, Tricky Dick resigned rather than face the inevitable. Who here remembers Walter Crankcase reporting that news? Old Walt was shaken by that, and he was no Nixon fan.

And Clinton? That helped set the stage for this chaos. If lying under oath and losing your law license because of it isn't enough to cause a President to be removed, it's going to take a lot more than we've seen so far. Buckle up.

Just a boring user.

Blind squirrel alert: What if, what, if, Trump's wiretapping allegation is ... right.

There was a request to the FISA court. What if someone got overzealous after the FISA court denial and did it anyway. I give this a 1 in 250 chance of having happened, but, even blind squirrels ...
    So if it did, given that we know that calls were monitored to Russia, perhaps they had something to work on. If it's possible that don was wiretapped, there has to be a reason for the request- and the rather obvious reason is Russia.

Which is worse, then? don being wiretapped or him doing something illegal with the Ruskies?

Kichizapi Chetan

An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 03-05-2017 at 02:22 PM.

\../ \../

My guess is Trump is absolutely correct. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably naive. The thing is though, how can we ever know? If it comes out they discovered Trump was doing something illegal but that info was gathered with unauthorized (and therefore illegal) surveillance they out themselves by revealing it. Sort of the quandary Eisenhower faced when during the 1960 election. Kennedy was making claims of missile gaps and other military disadvantages that were just not true. For Eisenhower to believably discredit JFK he would have had to reveal we were spying on the Russians in ways that were top-secret, ways we denied and ways that were technically acts of war.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    My guess is Trump is absolutely correct. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably naive.
    Based on his track record of being a truthful man?

That is the most absurd start to a post I have ever seen on this board.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-05-2017 at 02:31 PM.

But keep telling us how you didn't support Trump during the election.

Just a boring user.

An illegal wiretap is an illegal wiretap.

Let's assume there was one (illegal): If it found something illegal that would be brought out by now. If there was a smoking gun to nail Trump someone would present it even if it meant throwing someone else under the bus.

I'm thinking either (a) there was no wiretap, or (b) there was an illegal one and it found nothing (which is the tapper's nighmare scenario).
    The core allegation was that he was wiretapped, then don made the presumption of legality of that.

There are all sort of reasons why people get legally wiretapped.

It would be interesting to find out how they were illegally wiretapped.

Then again, lets not get tied up only in the legalities of the accused tap, but lets also look at any illegal things were done over the phone. For the most part, the illegal tap just means you can't use the information, not that something illegal wasn't done.

edit- others have pointed out the same thing- and by the time October rolled around, don was already noted as a risk to the daily intel briefings.

Kichizapi Chetan
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    But keep telling us how you didn't support Trump during the election.
    I didn't.

Apparently, a hypothetical (that I put at 1 in 250; that WANDH said would be naive to NOT believe) is "support"?

Does that make WANDH a "Trump supporter" too?

Thread Information