Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    These f-cks really are actual Nazis.

We're going to hold Nuremberg trials for these people someday.
    No, we're not. At some point almost all of the Democratic members of congress will revert to their usual, pansy selves, focus only on saying and doing nothing controversial so as to ensure reelection, and begin to treat Trump and the Republicans like the "loyal opposition." The 1/3 of our nation who are so unbelievably stupid (it's hard to believe these rubes are even smart enough to drive cars) will be so far in the bag for Trump and his litany of endless lies that all he needs to do to continue to push his agenda is convince a small minority of the voters they are correct to be scared 5h!tless of Muslims, or immigrants, or gays or their neighbor, for f\/ck's sake.

The only hope we have is for the Democratic party to abandon identity politics and concentrate on economic issues. I keep saying it, over and over. It's ugly and sad and abhorrent, but there are a lot of people that don't care about the trans- community, or Black Lives Matter, or marriage equality, or refugees. But they do care about jobs. And Democrats have been speaking for the economy and the middle and working class for years. You want to recapture some strength in the rural, mostly white areas of the country? You better make appeals to people's pocketbooks. Even among people who aren't actively expressing hate towards whatever sector of identity politics the progressives are using as a prop this week these folk are tired of how it seems Democrats are focusing on everything but fixing the economy so they don't have to work at Wal-Mart 29 hours a week and Target 29 hours a week and a 7-11 one night a week to make ends meet.

I saw this working on the election and speaking to white working class voters. But then again, there weren't nearly enough people like this to elect a Donald Trump, were there?

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Despite what Spectrum Boy says, Obama has gone out of his way to keep away from commenting on the current administration, as most former presidents try to. Trump now gives him an opening to jump back into things. It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off for him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Why can't the media stand up and all say "Prove it"?
    "well, that's what i was told..."
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    And those are the people I question, "why?"

Why do people have such a desire to become peasants again? So very willing to have a dictator tell them what to do.

Do they really think that tearing down our current form of government will result in a positive result? Seriously? In what country has a civil war ever resulted in a great result for everyone? Do they not realize that the largest number of deaths in a war for the US is massively in the Civil War's result? How many years did it take (or is it still taking) for the south to recover?

At least then, they had a reason- the south wanted slaves to drive their economy (and used state's rights as an excuse).

Now- I don't see a reason to have a civil war. I don't see a reason to undermine a representative government. Which is exactly what they are doing.
    I know a woman who dislikes that we revolted from England because we were disobedient to the King, a man who's appointed by God to rule over his subjects. They're out there, and they're in Wisconsin. It is, I was told, a commonly held opinion in her synod, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I know a woman who dislikes that we revolted from England because we were disobedient to the King, a man who's appointed by God to rule over his subjects. They're out there, and they're in Wisconsin. It is, I was told, a commonly held opinion in her synod, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
    I'm not one, but I know a lot of WELS Lutrens in Wisconsin. This woman you know is a friend of flaggy's?

Sorry for the go-back, but my god... It was well-known that Pence's private email was hacked because the hacker spammed his contact list, and we're just now hearing about this?

Democrats - the bar is LOW! Please stop out-dumbing the Republicans so we can get our country back. Kthxbai.

So, now Obama tapped Trump's phones. LOL. This whole Presidency is a clown show.

Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation. This **** is going to get really really really bad.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-04-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation.
    If Pence wants to know how to create a secure private email server, why re-open the Clinton investigation when you can just ask a couple tech geeks?

Agreed that the wheels are falling off the bus.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    So, now Obama tapped Trump's phones. LOL. This whole Presidency is a clown show.

Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation. This **** is going to get really really really bad.
    3rd time's the charm, right?

\../ \../

This **** is going to get really really really bad.
    Going to get? Trump's presidency has had more idiocy and hypocrisy in 6 weeks than Obama's had in 8 years. I just hope when the coming civil war arrives, enough Americans will see who the real enemies are.

\../ \../

I don't know if this was discussed yet but can someone explain to me why Trump got so much credit from so many corners for using a fallen member of the military (or more precisely used his widow) as prop the other night in his blather to congress? When was the last time a president made a State Of The Union address (or whatever you want to call it when it comes in the first days of a new president's term) and didn't do something extremely similar? I did not watch the speech live, just saw some reports on bits and pieces of it. But the media was falling all over itself to praise him for finally looking "presidential." Eff that. He looked like the effing moron that he is, all covered in orange makeup and following whatever his acting coach taught him about narrowing his eyes and jutting his chin out to look regal. I found it embarrassing when George W. Bush was president and was not proud of my country with him residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I even stopped flying an American flag for the first time since I bought my first house nearly 30 years ago because I thought the way he ran his government was an insult to what that flag SHOULD mean. That this country could elect such a dangerous person president, and that so many in power are more interested in preserving their power at the expense of being true statesmen makes me think it's gonna be a long time before I fly it again. Maybe of there is an America left after the next civil war.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I don't know if this was discussed yet but can someone explain to me why Trump got so much credit from so many corners for using a fallen member of the military (or more precisely used his widow) as prop the other night in his blather to congress? When was the last time a president made a State Of The Union address (or whatever you want to call it when it comes in the first days of a new president's term) and didn't do something extremely similar?
    Because in this case he specifically went against the military's advice to execute the raid, and then also lied about getting useful intelligence from it when we didn't. If he has any sense of decency he should not mention this raid ever again. (Spoiler alert: he doesn't.)

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

\../ \../

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Because in this case he specifically went against the military's advice to execute the raid, and then also lied about getting useful intelligence from it when we didn't. If he has any sense of decency he should not mention this raid ever again. (Spoiler alert: he doesn't.)
    That doesn't explain why the media gave him so much credit for being "presidential." In fact, it makes him look exactly like the grandstanding buffoon he is. It does of course explain why this sailor's parents refused to attend, because it is reported they have many questions over both the need for and the execution of the raid.

But I want to know why CNN and NPR and MSNBC all had positive things to say. Van Jones from CNN saying it was one of the "most extraordinary moments ever in American politics" is a nauseating example of how the press just does not get it. Of all the entities that have failed America in the whole fiasco that was the Trump election -- idiot voters acting like the rubes they are, spineless politicians going along to get along, people working for the Trump administration who are fascists and racists -- I think the media may be the most at fault. Had they done their job from the moment Trump announced his candidacy instead of playing him for ratings like the whores they mostly are, we might not be here today.

Trump did the one thing presidents from either party can do and get near universal praise, "thank the troops." Yet they acted like he became Lincoln, FDR and Washington all with this one hollow gesture. It was as pointless and meaningless as it ever is, phony cheap grace. It's bad enough that too many Americans fall for it, but coming from Trump why does the press have to fall for it too? They don't need to point out necessarily how hollow and truly insulting it actually is to the memories of those who have fallen (needlessly some would say) serving our country in the last 15 years, but heaping praise on Trump for it might be one of the saddest things about the media's sad coverage of him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    That doesn't explain why the media gave him so much credit for being "presidential." In fact, it makes him look exactly like the grandstanding buffoon he is. It does of course explain why this sailor's parents refused to attend, because it is reported they have many questions over both the need for and the execution of the raid.
    I can tell you that not a single panelist on Bill Maher or myself thought it was Presidential. If that helps. He had three lefties and a rightie on the panel.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

My comment was solely limited to the raid widow. I cannot comment on being "presidential" as I did not watch, as I was at the gym and also oh yeah I didn't want to have to listen to him speak. I'm Italian, heart disease is already in my genes, I don't need to encourage high blood pressure.

KDR

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Because since before the convention, the media has been writing story after story about how Trump will pivot, will moderate his rhetoric and begin acting more presidential. That his campaign persona was just an act. Any day now. Wait, he hasn't yet? OK, this is it. Right now. OK, wait. Here it comes.

They so desperately want him to pivot, they're just begging for it to happen. And when he does, if they write nice things about him, then maybe Trump will love them again, and they can get back to Washington "fellate each other" business as usual.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Because since before the convention, the media has been writing story after story about how Trump will pivot, will moderate his rhetoric and begin acting more presidential. That his campaign persona was just an act. Any day now. Wait, he hasn't yet? OK, this is it. Right now. OK, wait. Here it comes.

They so desperately want him to pivot, they're just begging for it to happen. And when he does, if they write nice things about him, then maybe Trump will love them again, and they can get back to Washington "fellate each other" business as usual.
    Tomorrow's Sunday shows should be interesting. With Trump going nuts on Twitter this morning and the Sessions crap it's about time for them to write him off. He's getting ****ed his Presidency is a sham and he's too stupid to realize he just makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Unfortunately the people who eat this stuff up are reading Breitbart, who fed the story to Trump in the first place so it's not like it would matter if everyone else stayed quiet.
    How we protect the healthy should not be predicated on the impossibility of saving those already infected. Triage.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-04-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I'm not one, but I know a lot of WELS Lutrens in Wisconsin. This woman you know is a friend of flaggy's?
    Thinking about this some more, I misidentified her as WELS. Her church formed a new synod that's an offshoot from WELS. She told me the difference once upon a time, but I don't recall the difference. That said, she's entirely different than Flaggy. She's socially and financially liberal in almost all ways except for abortion and they take a literal reading of the Bible. She invited me to a "discussion" on creationism vs. evolution, which was really shocking to hear some of these people talk, including the guest speaker who was an MD. I'd never been both directly and indirectly called an idiot so many times in my life before that event.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

I will say CNN also called Trump out for his false claims that Obama wiretapped him. The headline even called them false when I saw it at work...

Trump is having full on paranoid delusions...I ean we are literally watching him melt down before our eyes!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information