X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That won't work. Die early is part of the Republican Health Care strategy.
    If you get rid of enough old people you can deliver on the promise of reducing premiums.

Comment

I wanted to ask - what kind of "results" are they looking for when they say Meals on Wheels and school lunch programs aren't showing results?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I wanted to ask - what kind of "results" are they looking for when they say Meals on Wheels and school lunch programs aren't showing results?
        It didn't result in more tanks or less brown people.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Eliminating the CSB will result in people dying. Their investigations are critically important in safeguarding the public. Most people don't know what a PHA or PSM are, but they came out of chemical safety investigations (maybe not the CSB, I have no idea, but certainly a precursor or related agency). They are probably the most important safeguard we have have (after good engineering) against killing people.

If we're talking about the same thing, PHA and PSM are stuff from OSHA mandate.

The CSB has been a mess in the recent past. Can you imagine how messed up it has to be named the worst place to work in the entire Federal government? I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that nobody will ever investigate a chemical spill again. I would guess OSHA will resume the responsibilities they had before the creation of the CSB. I'd want to know more, but there's been plenty of criticism out there leveled at the CSB's terrible management, so I can't say for sure that this might not even be a good idea. It's very possible rolling it all back into OSHA might be more effective.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

The CSB has been a mess in the recent past. Can you imagine how messed up it has to be named the worst place to work in the entire Federal government? I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that nobody will ever investigate a chemical spill again. I would guess OSHA will resume the responsibilities they had before the creation of the CSB. I'd want to know more, but there's been plenty of criticism out there leveled at the CSB's terrible management, so I can't say for sure that this might not even be a good idea. It's very possible rolling it all back into OSHA might be more effective.
            You wouldnt jump to that conclusion? Really? This is a government that is eliminating things left and right you dont think they will hamper any group that looks into this stuff? (just like they are any group that looks into Climate Change) I know you are trying to remain somewhat optimistic about what is going on but that is some serious denial right there.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              A reporter already asked Spicer about it yesterday. Rather than answer he just turned it around asking why they didn't report when Nunez said there were no connections to Russia and why do reporters pick and choose.
              And I would hope the reporter would respond "Because on of those stories is a Republican saying something, and the other is both a Republican and a Democrat saying the Pesident is batchit crazy and lied (again) to the people making false claims based on paranoia."
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                If you get rid of enough old people you can deliver on the promise of reducing premiums.
                Or you could use high risk pools. After all, if it works for the auto insurance companies...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Or you could use high risk pools. After all, if it works for the auto insurance companies...
                  Not the best analogy. If you can't afford auto insurance, you stop driving. If you can't afford health insurance/care, you stop...breathing?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I'm pretty sure the CSB was involved in the investigation into Bhopal and that PHAs and PSM came out of that.

The CSB is one of the best agencies at investigating chemical incidents.

What you are suggesting with OSHA taking over is like proposing we get rid of the NTSB and having OSHA investigate those incidents.

ETA: ok, so those didn't come out of Bhopal, but major improvements to those processes came out of those investigations.

It is still a tremendously bad idea.
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-17-2017, 02:07 PM.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A WaPo editor writes the snarkiest of snarky reviews on Trump's proposed budget...

Gets referenced as a legit news article in the daily press room briefing.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the CSB was involved in the investigation into Bhopal and that PHAs and PSM came out of that.

The CSB is one of the best agencies at investigating chemical incidents.

What you are suggesting with OSHA taking over is like proposing we get rid of the NTSB and having OSHA investigate those incidents.

ETA: ok, so those didn't come out of Bhopal, but major improvements to those processes came out of those investigations.

It is still a tremendously bad idea.
                        CSB was formed in 1998. Bhopal, while ongoing cleanup etc. took place for years and years, occurred in 1984. OSHA defined Process Safety Management and Process Hazard Analysis at least by 1993.

The NTSB predates OSHA and the EPA by 40 years and operates differently and much more broadly. (although it was the sort of idea behind the CSB I think) Perhaps you could roll CSB into the NTSB as it does at least already handle hazardous material accidents.

I don't know -- the CSB may be great but there are just not a lot of examples I'm aware of where the top had to be fired, the employees all hate the management, the management doesn't talk to the employees, everybody hates their jobs, and the outside consultants we had to pay who knows how much to try and sort it out, come back with a report that says "this department is a wreck", and yet we think, "Hey they probably produce stellar work!"

I know once we create something in the federal government the thinking is we can never ever get rid of it, but it's actually possible that's not always a good policy. The CSB is investigatory, it has no regulatory authority at all. They can't fine you or arrest you or anything, that falls to OSHA, the EPA, law enforcement, etc. We do actually have a lot of local, state, and federal agencies that investigate stuff. Plus lots of private companies with expertise get involved by necessity. (NTSB uses these all the time) All I'm saying is it isn't inconceivable that this particular thing is an idea that hasn't worked out as well as planned and there may very well be other ways to go about it.

Granted that's not as reasonable of a view as the one that says the republicans want to kill and maim as many Americans as possible while they can. You all do have me there.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

You gotta love that Trump welcomes the Irish PM for St. Patty's Day and the PM gives a speech with Trump right behind him talking about how St. Patrick was an immigrant, was the Patron Saint of Immigrants and that Irish Immigrants were part of what made America great
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            You gotta love that Trump welcomes the Irish PM for St. Patty's Day and the PM gives a speech with Trump right behind him talking about how St. Patrick was an immigrant, was the Patron Saint of Immigrants and that Irish Immigrants were part of what made America great
                            So, he'll be stalled at the airport on the way out and asked for his phone then, I would assume?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              A WaPo editor writes the snarkiest of snarky reviews on Trump's proposed budget...
                              Reading that is great. I suggest a theme song:

We're men (manly men!),
                              We're men in tights (yessssss)
                              We roam around in Washington looking for fights!
                              We're men, we're men in tiiiiights
                              We rob from the poor, and give to the rich, that's right!
                              We're maaaay look like paaaansies,
                              But watch what you say, or else we'll put out your lights!
                              We're men!
                              We're men in tights (TIGHT tights!)
                              Always on guard defending the wealthy's riiiiiight's,
                              So if you have a need, just call for the men in tiiiiiiiiights (*flex* we're butch!)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                No one has an issue with legal immigration. Not even the man in the White House that happens to be married to an immigrant.

Comment

Working...
                                X