X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    kep is still carrying her candle
    You never forget your first newscaster crush.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not sure why people are downplaying the taxes so much.

It illustrates quite well that don's intention is to give tax breaks to people who clearly don't need them. They have the means to find ways around the laws, and end up paying taxes at a rate lower than people in lower brackets, and if don gets his way, lower than some of the lowest tax brackets out there.

If you have the means to include a corporate loss on your personal income, and then carry that for many years- how is that good or fair? I'm sure if the tables were turned, there would be separation to minimize the taxes all around.

This is another illustration of policy that is very top heavy. Which will further separate us into lords and peasants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        edie tarbox

(on local pitt news before she married mark weill and moved to nyc )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

mmmkay
          Denial mookie...not your best face
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Not sure why people are downplaying the taxes so much.

It illustrates quite well that don's intention is to give tax breaks to people who clearly don't need them. They have the means to find ways around the laws, and end up paying taxes at a rate lower than people in lower brackets, and if don gets his way, lower than some of the lowest tax brackets out there.

If you have the means to include a corporate loss on your personal income, and then carry that for many years- how is that good or fair? I'm sure if the tables were turned, there would be separation to minimize the taxes all around.

This is another illustration of policy that is very top heavy. Which will further separate us into lords and peasants.
            But everybody knows that. There is no news there and his taxes dont really add anything to that since they just prove what we knew. She clickbaited it as a bombshell when in reality it is nothing more than "water is wet".
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Denial mookie...not your best face

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Right but any ratings she got will be fleeting because she actually had nothing.

And I dont see how this discredits the media at all...even he said he often didnt pay taxes and used the loopholes to get out of it. All it does is put egg on Maddows face. Hell him calling it "Fake News" is makes about as much sense as his wiretapping fiasco since it is an actual copy of the taxes he himself filed

He got the news cycle to ignore Health Care for a minute so he gets a victory. It wont last. The tax return stuff wasnt even the most pressing stuff people were talking about with him, and when they were it was about where the money came from not how much there was.

Oh and of course, Trump couldnt just sit on the victory...he had to tweet about it and get egg on his face worse than Maddow did.
                Here's what I meant by that. Of course this doesn't necessarily discredit her in the average person's eyes. But for those people who kind of like Trump (but aren't his core support), it just adds evidence to the case that the media is out to get him. Which, of course, we both know is their job.

Intelligent people will see this as either a case of Trump leaking his cherry-picked returns or a nothingburger. Add it to the case file and keep up the full court press. If Trump did leak this, all he did was provide a few more previously unknown dots that can be connected to other ones.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

edie tarbox

(on local pitt news before she married mark weill and moved to nyc )
                  I think she might be on husband three or four. Grab a place in line. There still may be a chance for you yet.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Intelligent people will see this as either a case of Trump leaking his cherry-picked returns or a nothingburger. Add it to the case file and keep up the full court press. If Trump did leak this, all he did was provide a few more previously unknown dots that can be connected to other ones.
                    I do think there is an "inoculation risk" where if too many stories turn out to have no evidence of wrongdoing it will help Trump's apologists dismiss the real evidence if and when it finally comes out. There could be a Chicken Little Effect for the media. Problem is, the media doesn't care about its credibility, since their model now is clickbait. TV news has fallen into the tabloid trap, where by "trap" I mean "license to print money." They're never coming back from that.

The right has managed a very neat trick: they've destabilized the whole idea that there is an objectively knowable reality out there. After decades of fulminating against deconstruction, multi-culturalism and the subjectivity of all values, they've made it the rock on which they've built the alternative universe in which their captives live. The very idea that there are facts is now in dispute.

F-ck you, Derrida.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-15-2017, 09:18 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Ashleigh Banfield.

Looking back at grainy SD screenshots from Google, Jesus what was I thinking.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Ashleigh Banfield.

Looking back at grainy SD screenshots from Google, Jesus what was I thinking.
                        Kinda a dumb, less cute S. E. Cupp, but I guess I can see it.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Kinda a dumb, less cute S. E. Cupp, but I guess I can see it.
                          It was right after she got hired by MSNBC 2000/01. The years since, and HDTV, have not done her well.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/ga...-approval.aspx

What the hell happened 3/11? Health care?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I think she might be on husband three or four. Grab a place in line. There still may be a chance for you yet.
                              mookie's moved on... reached his quota on "blondes"

Comment

mookie's moved on... reached his quota on "blondes"
                                I thought you were our resident yellow fever sufferer?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X