X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    This makes Bill Clinton's dodging look like amateur hour. Now even when Trump specifically says something, doubles down on it and gets his surrogates to defend it and look into it he obviously didnt mean what he said. It is amazing...
    Trump is a pathological liar. This is a different game because we're used to politicians who lie as a kind of last resort. Trump just up and lies at will. It would be fascinating if the jackwagon was assistant manager of a Friendlys or something else he could handle.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Shows what kind of historians GOP'ers are.

In the context of history- some rather important technical contributions were from Islamic scientists, or developers, however you want to look at it.

Much of math had huge contributions from Islamic Math- we don't call them Arabic numbers for no reason.

The original REAL steel came out of Iraq. Much of glass foundations are from the middle east.

If I'm not mistaken, a LOT of what defines the current West are glass covered, steel buildings which took a lot of math to make.

It's easy to dismiss that with the recent changes to the in-fighting within Islam. But that's just ignorant.

Was just reading through and thought well, if we're going to be technical about these Islamic things, Islam didn't exist until circa 600 AD and carbon steel and glass predate that by quite a long ways. Carbon steel was developed independently in a whole bunch of places. Turns out there are clever people all over the world.

Arabic numerals are a bit of a misnomer, as they actually came from the Indian subcontinent (Hindu-Arabic numerals), where I believe they also came up with the very handy concept of Zero. However Islamic mathematicians did indeed make tremendous progress in areas like trigonometry. And St. Clown is sort of correct in citing developments of convex lenses. Although lenses themselves had been around for millennia, Islamic mathematicians built upon Ptolmey's "Optics", defined how light traveled, and created formulae for calculating it's path, including through things like lenses. I think as far as we know though, telescopes themselves were first developed in the Netherlands several hundred years later, around 1600.

Incidentally, the main reason we use Arabic numerals is due to the fact that Italian mathematician Fibonacci was educated by the Berbers in math somewhere in Morroco around 1200 or so, recognized their advantages, and brought them to western Europe. Which I'm quite happy about as Roman numerals suck.

And lastly, infighting within Islam has been going on pretty regularly since the death of Muhammed in 632. Probably a bit more so since around 1250. Salafism, which is kinda sorta what the ISIS nut jobs are based on, has been around since the later 1700's. The recent changes aren't really recent or changes at all though.

This post is brought to you by the number 21. Which is, of course, a Fibonacci number!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I Am Sure Nothing Bad Can Come Of This...

Well I will give the "man" this...he is full frontal with his crap.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Trump is a pathological liar. This is a different game because we're used to politicians who lie as a kind of last resort. Trump just up and lies at will. It would be fascinating if the jackwagon was assistant manager of a Friendlys or something else he could handle.
          What's worse though is Trump is playing to his base. They want to believe the lies, and when the statements are shown to be false, then they want him to lie some more. Why anyone has any hope for the future anymore is beyond me. A sizeable portion of the people out there eat up the slop Trump serves lock, stock and barrel, and then they ask for seconds. The level of stupidity, the lack of even a shred of the ability to think critically, among a majority of Trump voters (a large majority, probably the vast majority) is proving to be very evident. He says these things not because he believes them, or is so mentally ill he can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. He says them because his supporters WANT him to. That's the **** of it all. People either want this to happen or are too stupid to see it happening. Either way, we are a few years from it being too late to stop. Maybe. I admit I am rabidly pessimistic. But I don't see a happy ending. Civilizations fail. We are witnessing it right now. And nobody with the power to stop it is doing a **** thing.

Comment

It isnt like that is new...that has happened to pretty much every major civilization since civilization began.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Trump is a pathological liar. This is a different game because we're used to politicians who lie as a kind of last resort. Trump just up and lies at will.
              Lying is a primary tactic in Trump's strategy of creating a false reality and narrative that best serves his interests. Hence, the repeated claims that "this is a disaster", "that is a disaster", "we're not winning anymore" and "the military is a shambles" followed by insistence that under Trump we'll be "winning so much, it'll make your head spin" and we'll get healthcare that is "something terrific." All with not a stitch of evidence to support the claims, other than the occasional "Believe me!" And that's why Tweets are the perfect vehicle for Trump. 140 characters allow him to make his "because I said so" claims without anything to support them.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I Am Sure Nothing Bad Can Come Of This...

Well I will give the "man" this...he is full frontal with his crap.
                This has the potential to be the most damaging thing he does. He's basically treating Article II like he would if he were running Bain Capital.

This is going to be an ugly fight.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

He is literally doing what the Right said Obama would do...and they just dont seem to care.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He is literally doing what the Right said Obama would do...and they just dont seem to care.
                    It's evil when there's a D next to your name. Worse yet, when your skin color isn't the right shade. Which is as bad as your rumored non-Christian religion.

Comment

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-Return-To-U-S

Jesus christ...

When Buffalo, New York couple Akram Shibly and Kelly McCormick returned to the U.S. from a trip to Toronto on Jan. 1, 2017, U.S. Customs & Border Protection officers held them for two hours, took their cellphones and demanded their passwords.

"It just felt like a gross violation of our rights," said Shibly, a 23-year-old filmmaker born and raised in New York. But he and McCormick complied, and their phones were searched.

Three days later, they returned from another trip to Canada and were stopped again by CBP.

"One of the officers calls out to me and says, 'Hey, give me your phone,'" recalled Shibly. "And I said, 'No, because I already went through this.'"

The officer asked a second time.

Within seconds, he was surrounded: one man held his legs, another squeezed his throat from behind. A third reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. McCormick watched her boyfriend's face turn red as the officer's chokehold tightened.
                      First they came for the Muslims. That’s bad enough. And we should be outraged.

But do you really think they’re going to stop with that?

Read the article.

Just read it.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Definitely never taking my cell out of the country from here on out. I'll get a burner.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing.
                          Code:

Comment

Not that it matters I'm sure, but I did notice that this happened Jan. 1st.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Not that it matters I'm sure, but I did notice that this happened Jan. 1st.
                              You need to read further into the article. It isnt about just that story it is about the fact that they felt so emboldened even before and now they have been given carte blanche by Czar Urea.

From the article:

The practice of searching certain people’s cellphones at the border did not start with Trump (the couple described above were interrogated in January, before Trump’s inauguration) but according to many, many reports the strong-arm behavior and attitude of border agents has worsened dramatically since the election. In February of this year alone, five thousand devices were “accessed,” more than the entirety of 2015, in what former privacy officers for the Department of Homeland Security see as a “conscious strategy.” The former acting Commissioner under both the Bush and Obama Administration, Jayson Ahern, says the policy of searching electronic items is supposed to be “based on specific, articulable facts that raise security concerns.”

It is apparent that under Trump the policy is now being applied on the basis of religion.
                              On another topic: Now Spicey Says Trump Feels He Will Be Vindcated About His Comments About Wiretapping By Obama

So for those of you keeping score at home Spicey is now walking back his walking back of Trumps BS made up claim that Obama wiretapped him. So now he is saying that Trump did say what yesterday he said Trump didnt say. Remember that scene in My Cousin Vinny when the Judge finds out Vinny's false name was a dead guy so Vinny comes up with a different name and BS story to cover? That is what we are watching play out here now...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just tweeted:
                                Rachel Maddow MSNBC‏Verified account @maddow 41m41 minutes ago
                                BREAKING: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.
                                (Seriously).
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X