Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko
    That seems to be the conventional thinking, but FWIW, I'm not convinced it's a winning strategy for Dems in 4 years. It seems to me Republicans are in power not because of their obstructionist activities but rather, in spite of them. It just so happened that the Outsider ran as an R and by and large, they were able to latch on to him late in the game despite their previous opposition. Swing voters didn't so much support R's in my mind, but more opposed the get nothing done status quo. It's perhaps unfair to Dems now, but it's hard to see how all out political warfare will win the hearts and minds of the swing votes when that very thing was a factor in motivating the swing vote to the outsider in the first place.
    Normally I agree but this is a different animal now. This isnt about winning hearts and minds...they tried that and it failed. People crave scandals and people to hate these days...and the top of the GOP ticket is giving them plenty. Dont let America forget this crap...if fake Hillary scandals can persist for years so can legit tD scandals.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    My understanding of HER EMAILZ!!! was that her behavior as SOS was an indicator of her future behavior as POTUS. The main line of attack was that her supposed sins indicated a character that was too dangerous for a president. That allowed her accusers to sidestep the inconvenience that her "crimes" harmed no one and exposed no critical information to bad actors.

So for anyone who bought into HER EMAILZ!!!, it is not a false equivalency. By their own argument, Pence is unfit for office because this indicates he is both reckless and dishonest.
    That is definitely true for the people around here who brought it up...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Interesting argument for them to take given everything we knew about Trump's character leading up to the election. As much as I had to hold my nose to vote for her, I'd have had to sell my soul to vote for Trump.
    The Trumpettes in my office believe he's "just been slandered by those lyin' libs." The fundies even believe he's a Man Of God.

Facts means nothing to the 29%. They have been completely programmed by their captors. Look at Flag.

But as somebody said, we don't need them. The Dems should spend every waking moment pushing Trump & his gang into more and more ridiculous lies. The 29% are hopeless, but we can tar and feather the entire right with guilt by association with those numbnuts and many nearer the middle will either flip or at least distance themselves.

Remember the one advantage for the Out Party is you don't have to defend anything, you only have to expose what the incumbents are doing and promise you'll drain the swamp. The GOP did not have a single idea that the majority of Americans supported, yet they won a clean sweep of the government, simply by attacking. In the short run, that is what we must do.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-03-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Normally I agree but this is a different animal now. This isnt about winning hearts and minds...they tried that and it failed. People crave scandals and people to hate these days...and the top of the GOP ticket is giving them plenty. Dont let America forget this crap...if fake Hillary scandals can persist for years so can legit tD scandals.
    Hearts and minds actually succeeded. Just not in the way you think. People are sick of identity politics. That doesn't make you have a heart. It may have worked for the last at least 50 years, but it isn't working now.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

The Trumpettes in my office believe he's "just been slandered by those lyin' libs." The fundies even believe he's a Man Of God.

Facts means nothing to the 29%. They have been completely programmed by their captors. Look at Flag.

But as somebody said, we don't need them. The Dems should spend every waking moment pushing Trump & his gang into more and more ridiculous lies. The 29% are hopeless, but we can tar and feather the entire right with guilt by association with those numbnuts and many nearer the middle will either flip or at least distance themselves.

Remember the one advantage for the Out Party is you don't have to defend anything, you only have to expose what the incumbents are doing and promise you'll drain the swamp. The GOP did not have a single idea that the majority of Americans supported, yet they won a clean sweep of the government, simply by attacking. In the short run, that is what we must do.
    Yep, keep calling us racists, sexists, homophobes, whatever term you want to come up with. You should have learned from 2016 that the guilt by association didn't work. And yet, you double down. Churchill was right, you really have no brain.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Generic Catchy Message

You did it, Kep! You got flaggy to admit he's a Trumpette!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    You did it, Kep! You got flaggy to admit he's a Trumpette!
    Because he wants to lump us into one? You really ARE obsessed with identity politics...

Guess what: it wasn't some pro-Trump racist... http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested...uslim-convert/

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Guess what: it wasn't some pro-Trump racist... http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested...uslim-convert/

Here's the NYTimes story.

He's not responsible for anywhere near a majority of the threats or anything but still, this nutjob worked for the Intercept which is run by Glenn Greenwald and was fired for making stuff up a while back, some of it widely quoted. Glenn freaking Greenwald. He's the guy Snowden handed all the documents over to. What a bizarro world story.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Guess what: this guy was. So what's your point? That Trumpism hasn't emboldened rightwing wackjobs who want to hurt people?

Res ipsa loquitur, muthaf-cka.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

No one voted for him yet there is always somebody on a full fledged apology tour in here. Makes zero sense.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

lucky penguin

This about sums it up:

"After the votes taken earlier this afternoon, the U.S. Senate has now confirmed all of the available Cabinet nominations." --Marco Rubio, evening of March 2nd

"It is so pathetic that the Dems have still not approved my full Cabinet." --Donald Trump, morning of March 3rd
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

wubba lubba dub dub

He'll play that tune into next week. It's a selling point that our segmented media will report to the people who voted him into office. Since people can seclude themselves into their cloistered media, his detractors will hear all the bad things about the man while his supporters will think he farts gold dust.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

If the Republicans are going to ram through their Obamacare repeal, they better not let off the gas; area rubes are wisening up.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Guess what: this guy was. So what's your point? That Trumpism hasn't emboldened rightwing wackjobs who want to hurt people?

Res ipsa loquitur, muthaf-cka.
    I saw the picture of the guy and the headline and I got a certain picture in my head of what I was about to read: Stupid, fat, redneck dude shouting slurs and terrorizing these guys from behind the wheel of his 10 foot high confederate flag adorned monster truck. I confess that I probably need sensitivity training because I still laughed at the incongruity of this part--> "Davis allegedly chased after the men on his scooter"
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

It's getting hot in here, so... on second thought, no, leave your clothes on.

Stuff like this is why:

(1) We need an independent investigator, and

(2) We need all these witnesses deposed under oath.

Trump is dumb or delusional enough to lie under oath -- he may actually not know the difference -- but his cronies won't, and the innocent bystanders certainly won't.

This entire administration is based on lies and BS, and nobody in it has even a smidgen of loyalty either to or from Congress. Combine that with them p-ssing off the IC, and the number of people with an interest in herding the entire rotten bunch out the door, if not into federal prison, is starting to approach infinity.

These dumbf-cks may not even make it to July 4.

Think about it. It's only March 3. It's only been 39 days.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-03-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

mascot extraordinaire

Scooby missed the obvious for this thread title: From Russia with Love.

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Yeah but Obama once went to Russia...so it is all equal!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I see why you're trying to implicate Russia... just trying to throw your fiercest supporters under the bus... http://www.infowars.com/flashback-pu...as-a-democrat/

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No one voted for him yet there is always somebody on a full fledged apology tour in here. Makes zero sense.
    It's called understanding the person's actually your President. Yes, Barry was my President for 8 years as well. If any of them do something worth defending, it'll be defended. The fact that some receive more defense than others will offend posters, but I couldn't give three hoots. I've called out Trump for what I believed to be bad ideas on here, including his wall. It's good at keeping people out, but it's also good at keeping people in.

Alls I know is, morale is now a hell of a lot higher in the Flag household now that a nationalist is in.

Thread Information