X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    If you listen to the tape the teacher said (twice), "he used words."

The article incorrectly quotes her as saying "he only used his words." And my friend EODS quotes her as saying "they're just words."

Those phrases have different connotations in context and if we're going to call for that teacher's firing, and/or call her a racist, let's at least be accurate.
    The "just" is pretty well implied. I'm not going to argue semantics here.

Comment

Hey, one man's semantics is another man's parsing of the language!
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        stop playing shell games with facts to try and prove what he said isnt the bold faced lie it was.
        This is starting to remind me of when conservative pundits and Republican officials bent themselves into Klein bottles defending Palin's statements.

In Trump, the right has reached its apotheosis: a rancid, foolish, ignorant, old, lying imbecile. This is what the GOP in particular and American conservatism in general has been hurtling towards for fifty years. They mastered inanity with Reagan, malevolence with Cheney, ineptitude with Dubya, and ignorance with Palin, and then rolled it all up into a ball with Trump.

And now their paid flacks, useful idiots, and apologists are on a 24/7 deathmarch to defuse, excuse, and contextualize whatever this dingbat spews.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Chaffetz quickly emerging to the front of the idiotic line with his "healthcare or iPhone" comment.
          Again, the people who will be worst hurt are the people who voted Trump into office.

Karma.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Chaffetz quickly emerging to the front of the idiotic line with his "healthcare or iPhone" comment.
            Even worse was his second verse, dedicated to the men more concerned with his rims and his Timbs than his women.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              If you listen to the tape the teacher said (twice), "he used words."

The article incorrectly quotes her as saying "he only used his words." And my friend EODS quotes her as saying "they're just words."

Those phrases have different connotations in context and if we're going to call for that teacher's firing, and/or call her a racist, let's at least be accurate.
              Ok...the teacher is wrong no matter what phrase she used. She failed to deal with the situation properly. You want to get pedantic about it that is your choice but it changes very little.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Hey, one man's semantics is another man's parsing of the language!
                *slow clap*
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Facts are so inconvenient: http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...&ICID=ref_fark

President Trump early Tuesday incorrectly blamed the Obama administration for releasing 122 "vicious" prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay detention center.

“122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!” Trump wrote.

Trump posted the tweet 31 minutes after Fox News tweeted about a U.S. airstrike that killed a former detainee in Yemen.

“Former Gitmo detainee killed by a U.S. airstrike in Yemen; at least 122 former Gitmo detainees have re-engaged in terrorism” the “Fox & Friends” account tweeted just after 6:30 a.m.

But according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 113 of the 122 former detainees who have re-engaged in terrorism were released before January 2009, when former President Barack Obama took office.
                  Also, I'm sure the news outlets love having to have interns watch FNC 24-7 so that they have context to what the hell Trump is talking about half the time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Trump is proving his campaign statement was true. "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters". It's the same thing with Twitter and he doesn't care. As long as even 1% believe Obama was responsible for AIDS because Trump tweeted it he's good. The GOP sure as s**t isn't going to hold him accountable so why should he care?

Comment

It's Tuesday, so that means two things: more potus tweets, and more bomb threats to Jewish centers.

Apparently all 100 senators have sent a letter to trump asking for action on all the anti Semitic threats.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        And the story here is that you apparently just did, too, and you still don't have anything showing Obama personally ordered the illegal tapping of Trump Tower, which is the 1/250 possibility that you are staunchly defending as though it actually happened. Or did Drudge just find this and now you're playing it off as your own research?
                        Would Mr. Trump be so Twitter-challenged as to short-hand "Obama Administration" as "Obama"?
                        Short answer: Yes, Mr. Trump is challenged, vastly, in many areas.

And no, not my research. Credit: Armstrong and Getty
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Would Mr. Trump be so Twitter-challenged as to short-hand "Obama Administration" as "Obama"?
                          Short answer: Yes, Mr. Trump is challenged, vastly, in many areas.

And no, not my research. Credit: Armstrong and Getty
                          Why don't you answer anyone else's questions? You just keep challenging the same thing over and over again.

Why doesn't don release the information proving that President Obama or just his administration illegally wiretapped him or his campaign? It's 100% within his bounds as the President?

Or on the flip side- which is worse- the fact that some of his guys were listened to as part of routine recording of Russian phones or the fact that they were even calling the Russians? Since that's currently the highest probability option going on here.

That's pretty much all of the claims of wiretapping and recording lead to.

Comment

I don't think leaving out "Administration" is because he's Twitter challenged. I think it was deliberate so he can say he meant Administration but now all his minions are all OBAMA IS TOTALLY CORRUPT OMGWTGBBQ!!!1!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Again, the people who will be worst hurt are the people who voted Trump into office.

Karma.
                              Can't wait. Of course, it will still be Obama's fault somehow. Or Hillary's, or Soros', or whoever the right's Ghoul of the Moment is at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Can't wait. Of course, it will still be Obama's fault somehow. Or Hillary's, or Soros', or whoever the right's Ghoul of the Moment is at that point.
                                Well, it will be Obama Care that failed. Not this. Can't be this. Even if it is this.

Comment

Working...
                                X