X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    It can be, but an easy reply- "you had your chance do get rid of it, but didn't, so you must really like the PPACA".

You lose.
    This doesn't seem like the vote to pull out of Iraq around 2006 or so. This vote has insane earmarks with it.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Paul Ryan: [On Trumpcare] "This to us, is something that we're not going to give up on, because we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3Px11xN-0
      And now I hear Archer screaming through my mind, "Uh, phrasing! We're still doing that, right?"
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        .... so no one will buy it but his freak base
        silly!!! that is the only growth base in today's politics
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Surely everyone knows that whether this garbage passes or not, healthcare will continue to suck harder and harder. So all they care about is the spin and the blame. It's a PR battle for what shade of lipstick the pig will wear. Either the republican are incompetent fools (fact) or the dems are obstructing evil doers (alternate fact) Most people won't hear anything beyond one of those, and go on whining that because of one or the other, tattoo removal still isn't covered.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            Surely everyone knows that whether this garbage passes or not, healthcare will continue to suck harder and harder. So all they care about is the spin and the blame. It's a PR battle for what shade of lipstick the pig will wear. Either the republican are incompetent fools (fact) or the dems are obstructing evil doers (alternate fact) Most people won't hear anything beyond one of those, and go on whining that because of one or the other, tattoo removal still isn't covered.
            BS, let's not play more false equivalency games. Don't try to tell me that the Democrats don't have the framework ready right now for Plan A (single payer), B (public option), or C (fixed ACA). The fault will lie squarely on the Republicans, there's nothing stopping this mess beyond their own incompetence.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Even more evidence there's corruption in the vote. https://www.infowars.com/nebraska-de...lcome-baskets/

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                No.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  If you want to find out how willing Democrats are at negotiating, then a bill modifying the PPACA should come out- one that makes it better, as opposed to repealing it.

While there are issues with the ACA, it's still capable of being fixed.

If D's block an effort like that, you can call them obstructionists.

Until then, they are standing behind what they see as the current best solution to health care.

That's such an easy solution, it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Not all of the horror stories were of a partisan nature.

The ACA was a net good thing and helped codify a lot of things that needed it, but it wasnt without faults. It was at least a little convoluted and even with the mandate, premiums didn't exactly go down.
                    This is like picking your second favorite album by your second favorite band and pointing out it has 2 songs that aren't really worth listening to. Overall there are still 35-40 minutes worth of fantastic tunes, right? It gripes me when people point out what was wrong with Obamacare as if previous to the ACA everything was hunky-dorry. (not saying you did that, using your post to illustrate the point). Given time for tweaks to be made and for the marketplace to catch up and figure things out, it was probably the best thing we could have hoped for in this country since "socialized medicine" are the dirtiest words around since "Ward, you sure were hard on the Beaver last night." Imagine a country without Medicare or Medicaid right now. Does anyone believe either program was not full of clunkiness and fits and starts when they were introduced? Well I got news for you, there were. The difference between then and now though is most of the people on the right oppose ANYTHING a Democrat says, simply because of the little d next to their name. And please, no false equivalencies about how both parties do the same thing. The evidence has been overwhelming since the Gingrich takeover in congress in the 90s that Democrats have been more willing to work with Republicans than the reverse was ever true. For every blindly obstructionist Democrat there have been 3 or 4 Republicans. At this point I can't think of a single Republican member of congress I'd p!zz on if they were on fire, and a whole lot I'd p!sz on if they weren't.

Comment

If you want to find out how willing Democrats are at negotiating, then a bill modifying the PPACA should come out- one that makes it better, as opposed to repealing it.

Until then, they are standing behind what they see as the current best solution to health care.

I know all that. I'm using "alternate fact" in the Trumpian sense i.e. "complete horse shit." The point is that complete and utter failure by the idiot Republicans on health care still won't change perceptions among diehard partisans. They'll blame the Democrats for not helping to pass the "fix."
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        BS, let's not play more false equivalency games. Don't try to tell me that the Democrats don't have the framework ready right now for Plan A (single payer), B (public option), or C (fixed ACA). The fault will lie squarely on the Republicans, there's nothing stopping this mess beyond their own incompetence.
                        I know that, and you know that. My point is that people are so stupid that health care still won't get fixed until Dems gain power in congress and we all dump Trump. So today's vote is meaningless except as another dent in the steaming pile of Trump's reputation among the people who already consider him a failure.

Comment

The D's that vote no are doing so because it's anti-Soetoro.
                          The R's that vote no are doing so because they recognize the globalist shills are trying to keep control.

It was never about health care. It was always about taxing the population.

Comment

Working...
                          X