This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Wonder how Flag's gonna take it if it turns out InfoWars and Breitbart are Russian sock puppets?

The FBI’s Counterintelligence Division is looking into the role far-right news sites including Breitbart, InfoWars and the Kremlin-backed RT might have played in Russia’s influence campaign during the U.S. presidential election, McClatchy reported Monday.

Automated computer bots strategically deployed unabashedly pro-Trump articles, which often contained falsehoods, from those sites on social media at moments when Trump’s campaign was flagging, anonymous FBI sources told McClatchy. The probe reportedly is looking at whether those publications willingly coordinated with Russian operatives in promoting their stories.

The inquiry is part of the FBI’s comprehensive investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, which Director James Comey confirmed Monday is also looking into any potential ties between Trump’s campaign staffers and Russian officials.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Wonder how Flag's gonna take it if it turns out InfoWars and Breitbart are Russian sock puppets?
      That would be too awesome. It's too much to hope for.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Devices larger than laptops now banned to 8 countries, including turkey.
        My Turkish friend is about to board a flight to Istanbul with his 3 kids under age of 5. No iPads, etc allowed. The kids will deal- but I'm worried about his re entry home at this point despite his US passport.
        Devices larger than smartphones...laptops are not allowed. The UK is considering something similar.

Medical devices and flight crews are exempt.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Devices larger than smartphones...laptops are not allowed. The UK is considering something similar.

Medical devices and flight crews are exempt.
          I imagine this has more to do with problems with lithium batteries than anything else.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. As I said somewhere yesterday, sometimes charges of "elitism" just amount to the drunk at last call slurring "you wanna start somethin'?"
            You just said that the Cubans that voted for Trump were a bunch wannabe nobles trying to hold down their serfs...you dont think that makes you sound like a judgemental jerk?

No. Florida Cubans have always been Republicans. They're reactionary French nobility in exile during the Revolution and they want their Batista Era estates and serfs back. That's one reason the other Latinos can't stand them.
            Elitism as most people see it, is people who act like anyone who votes contrary to how they view the world are not only mistaken, but are stupid/unworthy because of it. Your comment about the Cubans is just that. You dismiss other people's votes and judge them based on nothing but your own opinion...you dont know why they voted as they did because I bet you didnt actually ask one of them.

Now I know that is not how you mean it to sound, but to the average person that is EXACTLY how it sounds and that is why people get annoyed by the East Coast Elite. There is nothing inherently wrong with being smart or elitist...but you need to understand that not everyone who is offended by it is some raving loony either.
            Last edited by Handyman; 03-21-2017, 01:54 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              You just said that the Cubans that voted for Trump were a bunch wannabe nobles trying to hold down their serfs...you dont think that makes you sound like a judgemental jerk?
              I didn't say "wanna be." There are tons of well-heeled Cubans who have bankrolled the Republicans ever since the Bay of Pigs turned them off the Dems. They were (now, their parents / grandparents were) the real thing: huge landowners who virtually enslaved the rural Cuban population and made things bad enough that even with a lapdog Pinochet-like government and a huge US anti-Commie bankroll, a piker like Fidel just sashayed in. Then those suddenly ex-PTB guys hightailed it out on the last copter and set up shop in Florida, and did everything they could to get back to Candy Mountain, primarily by cultivating rightwing wackjob pols. They're Romanovs in exile. It's not a diminution -- it's a fact.

But you asked about something relevant, which is all the other groups who were supposed to go straight ticket Dem but either stayed home or voted for the Dumpster. I have no good answer about them, but I haven't seen the real data on them yet, either. If you've got that please share it -- I'd like to know what percentage of blacks, Mexicans, Central Americans, and Muslims really did vote for Trump, and how those numbers compare with Romney in 2012.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-21-2017, 02:18 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

55% of white women don't care about the demographics.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I imagine this has more to do with problems with lithium batteries than anything else.
                  That might be part of it, but it sounds like there is more of a specific type of terroristic threat associated with it. It is also only from these 10 airports, including if you are connecting through them. US carriers are not affected.

Queen Alia International Airport (AMM)
                  Cairo International Airport (CAI)
                  Ataturk International Airport (IST)
                  King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (JED)
                  King Khalid International Airport (RUH)
                  Kuwait International Airport (KWI)
                  Mohammed V Airport (CMN)
                  Hamad International Airport (DOH)
                  Dubai International Airport (DXB)
                  Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Elitism as most people see it, is people who act like anyone who votes contrary to how they view the world are not only mistaken, but are stupid/unworthy because of it.
                    I'll agree with that.

Your comment about the Cubans is just that.
                    Nope. See my immediately prior post.

You dismiss other people's votes and judge them based on nothing but your own opinion...you dont know why they voted as they did because I bet you didnt actually ask one of them.

Now I know that is not how you mean it to sound, but to the average person that is EXACTLY how it sounds and that is why people get annoyed by the East Coast Elite. There is nothing inherently wrong with being smart or elitist...but you need to understand that not everyone who is offended by it is some raving loony either.
                    I may not succeed, but I try to make it really clear when I'm being deliberately "elitist." I do that (knowingly, anyway) only when it turns out the elitist position is also factual.

But even then, many facts that people recoil from as "elitist" aren't that at all. Best example: the What's the Matter with Kansas thesis that poor social conservatives in the Midwest are killing themselves economically by voting Republican. That's actually a real thing. It's not politically correct to say that poor people who vote Republican to try to improve their lot are ignorant, but it's true -- Republican fiscal policy exists for only one reason: shovel as much money as fast as possible to their wealthy donors. No other consideration is anything but window-dressing. So if poor Midwesterners are voting Republican for the economy, they're ignorant of American history.

If OTOH they are deliberately casting a vote for their religious values and knowingly taking an economic hit, saying in effect that is less important than their immortal souls, that's not ignorant at all, though I'd point out it's pretty hard on their children.

Conservatives yammer about "political correctness" but there is rightwing political correctness as well, wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and with Mom's gooey ice cream dripping all over it. At least I hope that's ice cream. They protect their snowflakes -- the uneducated, active duty soldiers (veterans they f-ck over), and religious fundamentalists -- and scream like little girls if you have the temerity to point out facts like, for example, the uneducated tend to be ignorant of the causal relationship between Republican policies and their own worsening economic situation.

A fact is never elitist.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-21-2017, 02:22 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      That would be too awesome. It's too much to hope for.
                      flaggy is not capable of reflecting upon what he thinks because he does not think for himself. There is no contemplation there.

He is T.S. Elliot's "ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas."

Comment

And just cause the demographics change doesnt mean the votes change. Latinos and Blacks still voted for Trump in interesting numbers...

Speaking of lies: Sookie Explains Why Trump Isnt A Hypocrite For Golfing All The Time Despite His Ripping Obama For It

I am sure all the Righties around here that made snide jabs at Obama about his golfing are ready with their shots for the Urine King right?
                        I refer you to this post by Duncan Black, who blogs at the site Eschaton.

While I've long laughed at conservatives for not understanding liberals, despite the fact that ****ing off liberals is pretty much their #1 motivation, lately I've started to roll my eyes at liberals not understanding conservatives.

Conservatives never cared about "Wall Street" working in the White House. They cared about "Wall Street" working for Obama. Conservatives never cared about presidents playing golf, they cared about Obama playing golf. Hell, conservatives wouldn't even care if Donald Trump was born in Kenya. They just don't think black people are actually American.

There's some point to raising these kinds of double standard issues with the media. As in, why did you focus on Obama's golf playing and not Trump's (if that is indeed a valid criticism). But thinking you're going to needle Trump fans with this stuff is silly. They don't care.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          flaggy is not capable of reflecting upon what he thinks because he does not think for himself. There is no contemplation there.

He is T.S. Elliot's "ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
                          Thud.

I grow old … I grow old …
                          I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
                          I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
                          I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            What do they care about? That's the question. If they only care about things when liberals do them, then what do they actually care about enough to get their goat. Cause that's what the next Democrat has to do to get elected. Trump and the GOP got Hillary's goat. They sucked her and her voters into going after White Whale's (Georgia, Arizona, hell, even Florida) and it cost her the election.

I don't think anyone in the GOP can be had. They just keep running in hypocrisy mode without even batting an eyelash.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              That snippet is brilliant. I'm going to start reading him.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                What do they care about? That's the question. If they only care about things when liberals do them, then what do they actually care about enough to get their goat. Cause that's what the next Democrat has to do to get elected. Trump and the GOP got Hillary's goat. They sucked her and her voters into going after White Whale's (Georgia, Arizona, hell, even Florida) and it cost her the election.

I don't think anyone in the GOP can be had. They just keep running in hypocrisy mode without even batting an eyelash.
                                They care about pizzing liberals off. It's as simple as that.

Liberals believe there is such a thing as climate change and we should fight it. So Conservatives must oppose it, because. Liberals believe in gender equality, LBGT rights, social justice. Conservatives must oppose, because. Liberals believe government can help make a difference in people's lives. Conservatives must oppose, because.

Conservatives used to be for carbon credits, until Obama embraced them. They used to be for insurance mandates. Until Obama included them in the ACA. Anything that liberals are in favor of, Conservatives must oppose, no matter how deranged and fact-free their opposition is. because opposing it pizzes liberals off.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X