This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

I don't know if this was discussed yet but can someone explain to me why Trump got so much credit from so many corners for using a fallen member of the military (or more precisely used his widow) as prop the other night in his blather to congress? When was the last time a president made a State Of The Union address (or whatever you want to call it when it comes in the first days of a new president's term) and didn't do something extremely similar? I did not watch the speech live, just saw some reports on bits and pieces of it. But the media was falling all over itself to praise him for finally looking "presidential." Eff that. He looked like the effing moron that he is, all covered in orange makeup and following whatever his acting coach taught him about narrowing his eyes and jutting his chin out to look regal. I found it embarrassing when George W. Bush was president and was not proud of my country with him residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I even stopped flying an American flag for the first time since I bought my first house nearly 30 years ago because I thought the way he ran his government was an insult to what that flag SHOULD mean. That this country could elect such a dangerous person president, and that so many in power are more interested in preserving their power at the expense of being true statesmen makes me think it's gonna be a long time before I fly it again. Maybe of there is an America left after the next civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      I don't know if this was discussed yet but can someone explain to me why Trump got so much credit from so many corners for using a fallen member of the military (or more precisely used his widow) as prop the other night in his blather to congress? When was the last time a president made a State Of The Union address (or whatever you want to call it when it comes in the first days of a new president's term) and didn't do something extremely similar?
      Because in this case he specifically went against the military's advice to execute the raid, and then also lied about getting useful intelligence from it when we didn't. If he has any sense of decency he should not mention this raid ever again. (Spoiler alert: he doesn't.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Because in this case he specifically went against the military's advice to execute the raid, and then also lied about getting useful intelligence from it when we didn't. If he has any sense of decency he should not mention this raid ever again. (Spoiler alert: he doesn't.)
        That doesn't explain why the media gave him so much credit for being "presidential." In fact, it makes him look exactly like the grandstanding buffoon he is. It does of course explain why this sailor's parents refused to attend, because it is reported they have many questions over both the need for and the execution of the raid.

But I want to know why CNN and NPR and MSNBC all had positive things to say. Van Jones from CNN saying it was one of the "most extraordinary moments ever in American politics" is a nauseating example of how the press just does not get it. Of all the entities that have failed America in the whole fiasco that was the Trump election -- idiot voters acting like the rubes they are, spineless politicians going along to get along, people working for the Trump administration who are fascists and racists -- I think the media may be the most at fault. Had they done their job from the moment Trump announced his candidacy instead of playing him for ratings like the whores they mostly are, we might not be here today.

Trump did the one thing presidents from either party can do and get near universal praise, "thank the troops." Yet they acted like he became Lincoln, FDR and Washington all with this one hollow gesture. It was as pointless and meaningless as it ever is, phony cheap grace. It's bad enough that too many Americans fall for it, but coming from Trump why does the press have to fall for it too? They don't need to point out necessarily how hollow and truly insulting it actually is to the memories of those who have fallen (needlessly some would say) serving our country in the last 15 years, but heaping praise on Trump for it might be one of the saddest things about the media's sad coverage of him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          That doesn't explain why the media gave him so much credit for being "presidential." In fact, it makes him look exactly like the grandstanding buffoon he is. It does of course explain why this sailor's parents refused to attend, because it is reported they have many questions over both the need for and the execution of the raid.
          I can tell you that not a single panelist on Bill Maher or myself thought it was Presidential. If that helps. He had three lefties and a rightie on the panel.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My comment was solely limited to the raid widow. I cannot comment on being "presidential" as I did not watch, as I was at the gym and also oh yeah I didn't want to have to listen to him speak. I'm Italian, heart disease is already in my genes, I don't need to encourage high blood pressure.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Because since before the convention, the media has been writing story after story about how Trump will pivot, will moderate his rhetoric and begin acting more presidential. That his campaign persona was just an act. Any day now. Wait, he hasn't yet? OK, this is it. Right now. OK, wait. Here it comes.

They so desperately want him to pivot, they're just begging for it to happen. And when he does, if they write nice things about him, then maybe Trump will love them again, and they can get back to Washington "fellate each other" business as usual.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Because since before the convention, the media has been writing story after story about how Trump will pivot, will moderate his rhetoric and begin acting more presidential. That his campaign persona was just an act. Any day now. Wait, he hasn't yet? OK, this is it. Right now. OK, wait. Here it comes.

They so desperately want him to pivot, they're just begging for it to happen. And when he does, if they write nice things about him, then maybe Trump will love them again, and they can get back to Washington "fellate each other" business as usual.
                Tomorrow's Sunday shows should be interesting. With Trump going nuts on Twitter this morning and the Sessions crap it's about time for them to write him off. He's getting ****ed his Presidency is a sham and he's too stupid to realize he just makes it worse.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Unfortunately the people who eat this stuff up are reading Breitbart, who fed the story to Trump in the first place so it's not like it would matter if everyone else stayed quiet.
                  How we protect the healthy should not be predicated on the impossibility of saving those already infected. Triage.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-04-2017, 10:23 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I'm not one, but I know a lot of WELS Lutrens in Wisconsin. This woman you know is a friend of flaggy's?
                    Thinking about this some more, I misidentified her as WELS. Her church formed a new synod that's an offshoot from WELS. She told me the difference once upon a time, but I don't recall the difference. That said, she's entirely different than Flaggy. She's socially and financially liberal in almost all ways except for abortion and they take a literal reading of the Bible. She invited me to a "discussion" on creationism vs. evolution, which was really shocking to hear some of these people talk, including the guest speaker who was an MD. I'd never been both directly and indirectly called an idiot so many times in my life before that event.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

I will say CNN also called Trump out for his false claims that Obama wiretapped him. The headline even called them false when I saw it at work...

Trump is having full on paranoid delusions...I ean we are literally watching him melt down before our eyes!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I will say CNN also called Trump out for his false claims that Obama wiretapped him. The headline even called them false when I saw it at work...

Trump is having full on paranoid delusions...I ean we are literally watching him melt down before our eyes!
                        If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          If I didn't know better, he's doing all he can to be impeached but for some reason, it's not happening.
                          Same reason Republicans didn't impeach Obama: At this point, if he goes out, he's a martyr. And, to learn from Clinton's impeachment, if he isn't removed, he is vindicated. This is why they're trying to destroy his reputation first.

Comment

Get Out of Our Country...They Must All Be Native Americans

But remember...this isnt about a bunch of people filled with hatred. Thisguy probably shot the Sikh because he wants more jobs!!!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              The flaming idiocy of our "leadership" is why. The country is burning down and they'll spend a week shouting that Kate was asking to be raped and drowned by putting her feet on the couch... the Repub have sold their souls; and the dems are out chasing squirrels...
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                The flaming idiocy of our "leadership" is why. The country is burning down and they'll spend a week shouting that Kate was asking to be raped and drowned by putting her feet on the couch... the Repub have sold their souls; and the dems are out chasing squirrels...
                                Watching the Sunday shows, ABC at least is pathetic. They are still playing the "these explosive allegations" game. This is Trump repeating a Breitbart lie. In doing so he's breaking one of the most important democratic traditions we have: the successor administration is trying to criminalize the precursor administration just because the parties have changed.

This isn't "the leadership". The GOP is insane. The only hope is the electorate.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X