X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Yes, but. Pretty much all of the items you say people are tired about hearing about are items that Republicans have tried to tighten the control of over, or outright ban. As a society, we had gotten into kind of a stalemate in terms of gay and trans rights- and all of a sudden, anti-gay marriage things popped up all over the country. Which thrust the issue into the lime light, and ended in a pretty inevitable ending at the SCOTUS. Or, as the case is for trans rights- has lead to NC being boycotted by a number of groups- most recently noted the NCAA's regional tournament that should have been there over the weekend.

BLM- that's just because minorities are tired of getting the brunt of wrong police action- be it shooting or treated wrong. That bubble was going to burst at some point, and I'm kind of surprised that Hispanics have not joined into that fight. Again, the whole war on drugs, "rule of law" kind of trend came from Republicans.

And the recent Muslim actions speak for themselves.

So, pretty much across the board- all of the current social issues that are being played out, that people are tired of, that you want to not talk about- are started because of restrictions put down by Republicans.

How can we not speak up against that?

Unless it's a massive distraction to keep the general electorate on one side or the other.

To me, the problem is that there are SO many new issues that the economic issues that Democrats DO talk about get completely missed. Of they have already changed the channel.

We can't sit back and let one side restrict people's rights. Heck, any time gun control is brought up, the NRA is there in spades.
    Simple. Those all go away when you get rid of Republicans. First you need to get elected. Doesn't matter how, doesn't matter the issues you emphasize that gets you elected. But first you have to win. Then you can do anything you want.

You have to figure out the message that's gonna get you elected. Otherwise, you're just wasting time.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Right. She told the truth. Left out key details. He lied. Lying wins.
      Or, couldn't distill key details into a couple of short, pithy sentences that people could understand.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Or, couldn't distill key details into a couple of short, pithy sentences that people could understand.
        "Read my lips..."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "Read my lips..."
          Another lie. It's so much easier to just lie cause lying is easy to jam into easy to understand pithy sentences.

Case in point what I just posted about the ISIS war. What a lie. It's an epic lie.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b8f234c69db1

More lies exposed from Trump. Unless he campaigned on for profit being the way to go in higher education. I don't remember that. In fact in the link below I don't see anything about giving control to for profit college executives.

http://www.educationnews.org/educati...-donald-trump/
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So now Spicey's saying that Michael Flynn was just some guy who volunteered to work on the Trump campaign, you know, Michael Flynn, trump's pick to head the NSA. And former chair of the campaign Paul Manafort had just "a limited role for a limited amount of time. The campaign chair.

"Hey, these guys just walked in one day and asked if they could work on the campaign. We didn't know who they are, but said sure, any help is appreciated".

Typical Trump, their usefulness to him is over so he's throwing them under the bus to save his own skin.

You know, if there's nothing to these Russian campaign ties, why do they fight so aggressively against them?

Comment

So now Spicey's saying that Michael Flynn was just some guy who volunteered to work on the Trump campaign, you know, Michael Flynn, trump's pick to head the NSA. And former chair of the campaign Paul Manafort had just "a limited role for a limited amount of time. The campaign chair.

"Hey, these guys just walked in one day and asked if they could work on the campaign. We didn't know who they are, but said sure, any help is appreciated".

Typical Trump, their usefulness to him is over so he's throwing them under the bus to save his own skin.

You know, if there's nothing to these Russian campaign ties, why do they fight so aggressively against them?
                Cause lying wins. Hate to be repetitive but it's no more repetitive than the President and his administration.

Comment

I'm with you until the last sentence. That way lies madness. That's not a valid argument -- it makes the act of trying to clear one's name suspicious.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Picture of Trump in what the White house said was a "day full of meetings" over the weekend.

https://***********/ChrisRuddyNMX/status/843164640054001664/photo/1

Comment

Picture of Trump in what the White house said was a "day full of meetings" over the weekend.

https://***********/ChrisRuddyNMX/status/843164640054001664/photo/1
                      He RIPPED Obama for playing golf all the time.

Again, more lies.

Comment

I'm with you until the last sentence. That way lies madness. That's not a valid argument -- it makes the act of trying to clear one's name suspicious.
                        Why do you have to try to clear your name if you haven't done anything?

If he's pure as the driven snow, he has nothing to fear. His accusers' lies will fall apart of their own weakness. "Methinks he doth protest too much".

Comment

What does better internet get you if you don't have a jerb?
                          A job.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I personally saw Flynn on tour with Donald talking to the big money donators, introducing him at speeches and being an integral part of the team...but yeah he us just unpaid flunky

I get the feeling Spicey is going to prison...which means he misses out on the next season of The Gilmore Girls
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What about the tax returns? Pretty sure he's never said he just wants to keep them private. First it was that he was being audited, then it was that no one cared. If there's nothing to hide, with all the precedent surrounding tax returns, what other choice do we have than to believe that he's hiding something?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

His hatred of PBS makes sense now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.795eb95d875e

Too bad it's on HBO now.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X