• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    He's a bot.
    Perhaps he's just been bought.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Not to defend the ridiculousness that was the EMAILZ!!! outrage during the election, but the type of information that can be obtained hacking the Secretary of State's email vs. the Governor of Indiana's are world's apart. I do get the irony of it, but it's still a false equivalency.
      My understanding of HER EMAILZ!!! was that her behavior as SOS was an indicator of her future behavior as POTUS. The main line of attack was that her supposed sins indicated a character that was too dangerous for a president. That allowed her accusers to sidestep the inconvenience that her "crimes" harmed no one and exposed no critical information to bad actors.

So for anyone who bought into HER EMAILZ!!!, it is not a false equivalency. By their own argument, Pence is unfit for office because this indicates he is both reckless and dishonest.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        So why lie about it? Over and over and over.
        You only assume it's a lie because of your preconceived notion that he's guilty. It's just like a person who is accused of rape. They're guilty until proved innocent, and when proved innocent, they "got away with it".

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          My understanding of HER EMAILZ!!! was that her behavior as SOS was an indicator of her future behavior as POTUS. The main line of attack was that her supposed sins indicated a character that was too dangerous for a president.
          Interesting argument for them to take given everything we knew about Trump's character leading up to the election. As much as I had to hold my nose to vote for her, I'd have had to sell my soul to vote for Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            You only assume it's a lie because of your preconceived notion that he's guilty. It's just like a person who is accused of rape. They're guilty until proved innocent, and when proved innocent, they "got away with it".
            Which part of Trump denying any contact with Russia by anyone in his campaign, and now multiple people in his campaign admitting contact with Russia, leaves you room to say it wasn't a lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko
              That seems to be the conventional thinking, but FWIW, I'm not convinced it's a winning strategy for Dems in 4 years. It seems to me Republicans are in power not because of their obstructionist activities but rather, in spite of them. It just so happened that the Outsider ran as an R and by and large, they were able to latch on to him late in the game despite their previous opposition. Swing voters didn't so much support R's in my mind, but more opposed the get nothing done status quo. It's perhaps unfair to Dems now, but it's hard to see how all out political warfare will win the hearts and minds of the swing votes when that very thing was a factor in motivating the swing vote to the outsider in the first place.
              Normally I agree but this is a different animal now. This isnt about winning hearts and minds...they tried that and it failed. People crave scandals and people to hate these days...and the top of the GOP ticket is giving them plenty. Dont let America forget this crap...if fake Hillary scandals can persist for years so can legit tD scandals.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

My understanding of HER EMAILZ!!! was that her behavior as SOS was an indicator of her future behavior as POTUS. The main line of attack was that her supposed sins indicated a character that was too dangerous for a president. That allowed her accusers to sidestep the inconvenience that her "crimes" harmed no one and exposed no critical information to bad actors.

So for anyone who bought into HER EMAILZ!!!, it is not a false equivalency. By their own argument, Pence is unfit for office because this indicates he is both reckless and dishonest.
                That is definitely true for the people around here who brought it up...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Interesting argument for them to take given everything we knew about Trump's character leading up to the election. As much as I had to hold my nose to vote for her, I'd have had to sell my soul to vote for Trump.
                  The Trumpettes in my office believe he's "just been slandered by those lyin' libs." The fundies even believe he's a Man Of God.

Facts means nothing to the 29%. They have been completely programmed by their captors. Look at Flag.

But as somebody said, we don't need them. The Dems should spend every waking moment pushing Trump & his gang into more and more ridiculous lies. The 29% are hopeless, but we can tar and feather the entire right with guilt by association with those numbnuts and many nearer the middle will either flip or at least distance themselves.

Remember the one advantage for the Out Party is you don't have to defend anything, you only have to expose what the incumbents are doing and promise you'll drain the swamp. The GOP did not have a single idea that the majority of Americans supported, yet they won a clean sweep of the government, simply by attacking. In the short run, that is what we must do.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-03-2017, 10:57 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Normally I agree but this is a different animal now. This isnt about winning hearts and minds...they tried that and it failed. People crave scandals and people to hate these days...and the top of the GOP ticket is giving them plenty. Dont let America forget this crap...if fake Hillary scandals can persist for years so can legit tD scandals.
                    Hearts and minds actually succeeded. Just not in the way you think. People are sick of identity politics. That doesn't make you have a heart. It may have worked for the last at least 50 years, but it isn't working now.

Comment

The Trumpettes in my office believe he's "just been slandered by those lyin' libs." The fundies even believe he's a Man Of God.

Facts means nothing to the 29%. They have been completely programmed by their captors. Look at Flag.

But as somebody said, we don't need them. The Dems should spend every waking moment pushing Trump & his gang into more and more ridiculous lies. The 29% are hopeless, but we can tar and feather the entire right with guilt by association with those numbnuts and many nearer the middle will either flip or at least distance themselves.

Remember the one advantage for the Out Party is you don't have to defend anything, you only have to expose what the incumbents are doing and promise you'll drain the swamp. The GOP did not have a single idea that the majority of Americans supported, yet they won a clean sweep of the government, simply by attacking. In the short run, that is what we must do.
                      Yep, keep calling us racists, sexists, homophobes, whatever term you want to come up with. You should have learned from 2016 that the guilt by association didn't work. And yet, you double down. Churchill was right, you really have no brain.

Comment

You did it, Kep! You got flaggy to admit he's a Trumpette!
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          You did it, Kep! You got flaggy to admit he's a Trumpette!
                          Because he wants to lump us into one? You really ARE obsessed with identity politics...

Comment

Guess what: it wasn't some pro-Trump racist... http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested...uslim-convert/

Comment

Guess what: it wasn't some pro-Trump racist... http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested...uslim-convert/

Here's the NYTimes story.

He's not responsible for anywhere near a majority of the threats or anything but still, this nutjob worked for the Intercept which is run by Glenn Greenwald and was fired for making stuff up a while back, some of it widely quoted. Glenn freaking Greenwald. He's the guy Snowden handed all the documents over to. What a bizarro world story.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Guess what: this guy was. So what's your point? That Trumpism hasn't emboldened rightwing wackjobs who want to hurt people?

Res ipsa loquitur, muthaf-cka.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X