2017 Pairwise thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Has anyone run the 128 scenarios left (I think). What's Lowell's worst case with a win/loss?
    They are in if they lose. Might be in if they win

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Pairwise thread

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
      Has anyone run the 128 scenarios left (I think). What's Lowell's worst case with a win/loss?
      With a win:
      #4 - 10%
      #5 - 44%
      #6 - 46%

With a loss:
      #8 - 25%
      #9 - 50%
      #10 - 25%

They are 100% to make the Tournament

(See Jim Dahl's College Hockey Ranked, College Hockey Tournament Possibilities, available at: http://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrtournament/.)
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        With a win:
        #4 - 10%
        #5 - 44%
        #6 - 46%

With a loss:
        #8 - 25%
        #9 - 50%
        #10 - 25%

They are 100% to make the Tournament

(See Jim Dahl's College Hockey Ranked, College Hockey Tournament Possibilities, available at: http://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrtournament/.)
        Excellent! Thanks. Just 1 game left and anywhere from a 1 to a 3 seed.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks. Just 1 game left and anywhere from a 1 to a 3 seed.
          Also looks to me like if Denver wins in the 3ed place game, they are the overall #1 but if Duluth wins and Denver loses, Duluth will be instead.
          I'm also thinking Wisconsin has a good chance at the auto bid because they are reasonably rested.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Also looks to me like if Denver wins in the 3ed place game, they are the overall #1 but if Duluth wins and Denver loses, Duluth will be instead.
            I'm also thinking Wisconsin has a good chance at the auto bid because they are reasonably rested.
            I see you are right, that Denver and Duluth are really very close in RPI today. Is it the case that Western Michigan has to win to stay in the #1 tier? Or else idle Minnesota slides back in?

As an aside, I am thinking that if Denver and Duluth both lose, that Harvard can win and still not go higher than its PWR #3 overall. But it could perhaps pick up more than half the first place poll votes, neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
              Is it the case that Western Michigan has to win to stay in the #1 tier?
              I believe a tie gets WMU up to the 1 line also. And if WMU doesn't take it, Lowell has the opportunity to as well.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                DU should tank to stay out of Fargo, that's a death match.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                  DU should tank to stay out of Fargo, that's a death match.

r
                  Based on their lineup tonight, it seems they are. https://***********/DU_Hockey/status/843169758275141633
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Based on their lineup tonight, it seems they are. https://***********/DU_Hockey/status/843169758275141633
                    I am not by any stretch a NCHC follower, but if this kind of thing is happening, maybe there just should not be a 3rd place (consolation) game at all.

Comment

I am not by any stretch a NCHC follower, but if this kind of thing is happening, maybe there just should not be a 3rd place (consolation) game at all.
                      Bingo. And it appears WMU is skating 9 defenseman, two listed as forwards on their posted line sheet. Ridiculous.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I just saw UML go from #4 (after their win) to #6 (now) past two teams that aren't playing - can that be right?

Oh yes it can, the RPIs are ridiculously close.

4. Minn .5637
                        5. WMich .5634
                        6. UML .5634
                        Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-18-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I just saw UML go from #4 (after their win) to #6 (now) past two teams that aren't playing - can that be right?
                          The Harvard win came after Lowell's and must have bumped them. Regardless. Lowell and Harvard will be top 2 in the east. We have to stay here. Which do you prefer, Providence or Manchester?

Comment

The Harvard win came after Lowell's and must have bumped them. Regardless. Lowell and Harvard will be top 2 in the east. We have to stay here. Which do you prefer, Providence or Manchester?
                            I like Manchester, but compared to an O'Hare layover and expensive connecting flight to Fargo, I'm not going to complain!

Comment

lowell looks to be a 2 seed. if the seeding is respected they will be in the east with goofs as the 1. they will be east though since denver and duluth will be in the west.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                lowell looks to be a 2 seed. if the seeding is respected they will be in the east with goofs as the 1. they will be east though since denver and duluth will be in the west.
                                Lowell needs tech to beat Bowlin green, currently in 2nd ot, Wisconsin to beat PSU, currently tied late, and Duluth to beat Dakota, currently up 1 after 2. If we are lucky enough for that, we grab the 4th 1 seed. There is always hope

Comment

Working...
                                X