Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Pairwise thread

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    I think that people here are over reacting to the potential home ice advantage for North Dakota and Providence. There will probably be more Lowell fans in Manchester than PC fans in Providence and even North Dakota fans in Fargo..
    you obviously weren't at umlol for their games against uhn friends & family. heck, friday when mookie was there the uhn crowd was louder all night than the home dozens

and jasmine was even there!!!! shame
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Providence will outdraw Manchester...just watch and see. Happened the last time the regionals were in these two cities with BU/Yale in Manchester and PC/BC in Providence.
      duh. america's team was in the house
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think that people here are over reacting to the potential home ice advantage for North Dakota and Providence. There will probably be more Lowell fans in Manchester than PC fans in Providence and even North Dakota fans in Fargo. Let's say North Dakota gets 4000 of those 5000 seats. That is far less than BU is used to playing against if at BC or Lowell or UNH for that matter. If anything BU thrives on those types of atmosphere games which is on ice that UND is not familiar with either. UMD may well not even have to play UND so that may be moot. It may well be UMD's regional to lose as they draw tOSU which will be without their senior top scoring by far defenseman under DQ. Don't forget there are not home ice officials from these supposed home teams leagues officiating. Familiarity with the officials is hugely overlooked in home ice non league games. Having attended the BC-UND game in MSG, that was a big disadvantage to BC since the NCHC was hosting the event, as calls and non calls are called differently by different leagues. BU if they play the way they can, they should handle UND. Having seen all 4 teams play this year, Harvard likewise should handle PC. Again it is not PC's home rink. In my opinion Harvard is the team to beat in this tournament. Perhaps the team with the biggest potential for home ice would be Notre Dame if they could make it to Chicago which is essentially their home city.
        If you were at the Fargo regionals, you'd know that it's a huge home ice advantage for UND. 5300 fans in a low ceiling arena like Scheels can get loud. I've got season tickets and the 2015 regionals were a bigger home ice advantage than almost any regular season game at The Ralph I've ever been to. You have to understand fans are paying $300/ticket on the secondary market to get into the building so you're getting a lot of diehards. Also, the standing room sections behind the nets adds another dynamic for chirping the opposing goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
          If you were at the Fargo regionals, you'd know that it's a huge home ice advantage for UND. 5300 fans in a low ceiling arena like Scheels can get loud. I've got season tickets and the 2015 regionals were a bigger home ice advantage than almost any regular season game at The Ralph I've ever been to. You have to understand fans are paying $300/ticket on the secondary market to get into the building so you're getting a lot of diehards. Also, the standing room sections behind the nets adds another dynamic for chirping the opposing goalie.
          It was crazy last time. I made a ton of money selling off my championship game tickets because I just couldn't bare to watch that championship game after the way Michigan Tech lost to St Cloud...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            It was crazy last time. I made a ton of money selling off my championship game tickets because I just couldn't bare to watch that championship game after the way Michigan Tech lost to St Cloud...
            Yeah you guys deserved to win that game, I felt for your fans. The goal SCSU scored that year kind of reminded me of the OT goal you guys just scored(in terms of the goalie being taken out) to beat BGSU for the Broadmoor Trophy. I may be way off since it was a couple years ago but that's how I remember it.
            Last edited by MplsSioux; 03-21-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
              Yeah you guys deserved to win that game, I felt for your fans. The goal SCSU scored that year kind of reminded me of the OT goal you guys just scored(in terms of the goalie being taken out) to beat BGSU for the Broadmoor Trophy. I may be way off since it was a couple years ago but that's how I remember it.
              I just remembering being so angry with the ref for that embellishment call at the end that allowed SCSU to have a defacto PP with their goalie pulled, and then Sweeney falling in OT...what a heart breaker.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                duh. america's team was in the house
                Exactly. Comparing a BC/PC pairing to a PC/Harvard (Harvard!) is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  This always comes up. Super regionals are not feasible. There are only a scant few facilities able to accommodate 8 teams at one time, and you'd have to clear a minimum of 8 practice times the day before if you split the games into 4 days - and that in itself is intolerable. Want to compress it to 2 days? Now you need 16 practice times. And if your answer is sharing locker rooms, you're out of your mind.

If you know any history of what a logistical disaster a 6 team site was, you'd immediately realize that adding 2 more teams only exacerbates all the problems.
                  Is it perfect? No. Is it feasible? Yes. The practicing would be a bit of an issue but it could be figured out. They even have time to split it over a two weekends if needed. All of it in 2 days would obviously never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I just remembering being so angry with the ref for that embellishment call at the end that allowed SCSU to have a defacto PP with their goalie pulled, and then Sweeney falling in OT...what a heart breaker.
                    Ah, you're right & my memory sucks. The point-man lost his balance leading to a breakaway for SCSU. That was one of those games where you beat them in every single category besides the scoreboard, just came at the worst possible time.

Comment

I don't know if certain places inflate reported attendance and others don't but my gut tells me the combo of Lowell and Cornell in Manchester will draw more than PC and Harvard in Providence. Unless all the fake Friar hockey fans come out of the woodwork and flock to the Dunk.

Comment

I think that people here are over reacting to the potential home ice advantage for North Dakota. There will probably be more Lowell fans in Manchester than PC fans in Providence and even North Dakota fans in Fargo. Let's say North Dakota gets 4000 of those 5000 seats. That is far less than BU is used to playing against if at BC or Lowell or UNH for that matter.
                        It's not the number, it's the noise. These are some of the biggest die-hard North Dakota fans in the country going to the game where they either got lucky and got tickets as soon as they went on sale or paid BIG BUCKS for them. The game will be a lot louder than if it was at the Ralph, BC, Lowell, or UNH. It's about the most hostile environment for an opposing team there is.

Comment

I forgot to run the Predictor on Saturday night when the Penn State and Wisconsin game was still in OT and the final game going.

For S&G, does anyone recall if Wisconsin would have been a top 15 PWR if they had won in OT against Penn State? Or what UW's PWR would have been? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                            I forgot to run the Predictor on Saturday night when the Penn State and Wisconsin game was still in OT and the final game going.

For S&G, does anyone recall if Wisconsin would have been a top 15 PWR if they had won in OT against Penn State? Or what UW's PWR would have been? Thanks.
                            Doesn't really matter because they would have gotten the automatic bid into the NCAA tourney.

Comment

They were pretty far down, and would have been the 15 seed, having Tech below them.

Comment

feel free to change results at pairwise.techhockeyguide.com and see what happens, here is a link to what you asked about:
                                http://techhockeyguide.com/pairwise-...a-0cc47a7e6a58

Comment

Working...
                                X