Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Pairwise thread

Originally posted by tape View Post
    Yeah they haven't been announcing which regionals are Fri-Sat and which are Sat-Sun until after conference tourneys are done for at least a few years now.
    The game time info hasn't been announced yet. The days were announced quite some time ago. Fargo and Providence are Fri-Sat, Manchester and Cincinnati are Sat-Sun: http://www.uscho.com/ncaa/mens-divis...aa-tournament/
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I sure hope the regional final from Manchester is 8:00 on Sunday night. Nothing better for fans than a Sunday night game that gets over around 11. Convenient for flights, hotel reservations and people who need to be at work early Monday. They better not do something reasonable, like have the Sunday games in Manchester and Cincinnati during the day.

Comment

Those that go to Providence/Fargo will more than likely take Friday off, because you know we're getting another 2pm day game. And the UML fans said they would be bringing a much bigger contingent of fans than BU ever would so I'm expecting all of them to be not working so they go. So instead of taking Friday off, you Monday off. What's the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Those that go to Providence/Fargo will more than likely take Friday off, because you know we're getting another 2pm day game. And the UML fans said they would be bringing a much bigger contingent of fans than BU ever would so I'm expecting all of them to be not working so they go. So instead of taking Friday off, you Monday off. What's the big deal?
          Ticap isn't one of ours as far as I know.... I know I wouldn't do this because I don't have the time to take but I know if it were noon games for each I could go screaming out of work Friday night and then back to my house by 1-2 am Monday... but I don't think they'll announce until the previous Sunday so none of this planning even matters.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Here's Jim Dahl's latest Pairwise projections. Pretty scary for several teams.

http://blog.collegehockeyranked.com/...ament-outlook/
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Ticap isn't one of ours as far as I know.... I know I wouldn't do this because I don't have the time to take but I know if it were noon games for each I could go screaming out of work Friday night and then back to my house by 1-2 am Monday... but I don't think they'll announce until the previous Sunday so none of this planning even matters.
              He's a Maine fan. And was commenting on the fact that the last regional final game could be Sunday night, thereby forcing fans who want to go to have to take Monday off. Was just trying to point out for those regionals you take Monday as opposed to Friday if you're traveling. Also, my comment was more for all the UML fans bragging that they would bring more fans to Manchester than BU, thereby cementing the reason BU should go west. While I don't deny they will bring folks, I would like to see how large the contingent of fans will be if there is a 2pm Friday afternoon game. They'd have to take the day off. Or part of the day. We're all fortunate here that Providence and Manchester are easy driving distances but if west teams have to travel here, they're going to have to take a day off regardless.

Comment

He's a Maine fan. And was commenting on the fact that the last regional final game could be Sunday night, thereby forcing fans who want to go to have to take Monday off. Was just trying to point out for those regionals you take Monday as opposed to Friday if you're traveling. Also, my comment was more for all the UML fans bragging that they would bring more fans to Manchester than BU, thereby cementing the reason BU should go west. While I don't deny they will bring folks, I would like to see how large the contingent of fans will be if there is a 2pm Friday afternoon game. They'd have to take the day off. Or part of the day. We're all fortunate here that Providence and Manchester are easy driving distances but if west teams have to travel here, they're going to have to take a day off regardless.
                He's also Priceless for those wondering (I think)
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  He's also Priceless for those wondering (I think)
                  Wait. Priceless and Ticap are the same poster? really...

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    Wait. Priceless and Ticap are the same poster? really...
                    more handles than the doctor has regenerations
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: 2017 Pairwise thread

Lowell would need to be a 1 or a 4 seed to play the early game because I think the 1s always play the early game. At any rate, I'll be there regardless of the time after taking the day off and driving +/- 200 Miles. Providence is easier for me. Nice Saturday afternoon probably 2 games, but probably would not be there Sunday night if Lowell was playing. Then I'm home watching on TV. Just like Worcester in 14 and Albany last year. Wait a minute. Maybe that's why they lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                        Lowell would need to be a 1 or a 4 seed to play the early game because I think the 1s always play the early game. At any rate, I'll be there regardless of the time after taking the day off and driving +/- 200 Miles. Providence is easier for me. Nice Saturday afternoon probably 2 games, but probably would not be there Sunday night if Lowell was playing. Then I'm home watching on TV. Just like Worcester in 14 and Albany last year. Wait a minute. Maybe that's why they lost.
                        That's why you need to take Monday off so you can be there in person. No slacking off as a fan!
                        Last edited by riverchief1; 03-08-2017, 07:44 PM.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Ticap isn't one of ours as far as I know....
                          *sniff* No one wants me

I'm not anyone's anymore. No cheering in the press box after all.

I deleted Priceless many moons ago when I left USCHO. Later I joined the media and created this ID so I could post my articles in the Fan Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            That's why you need to take Monday off so you can be there in person. No slacking off as a fan!
                            This x 1000!!!

Comment

This x 1000!!!
                              Yup, you find a way to make it happen. Strategic use of vacation time, you suddenly come down with "hockey flu" Monday morning, or whatever. Just like a lot of people plan on taking the day after the Super Bowl off, if it's late NCAA game on a Sunday, just take Monday off if you can. No need to burn the candle at both ends.

LTIalum missing that epic game vs. BC in 2014 is criminal. I really would have found a way to all of a sudden be sick Monday morning. I drove back and forth to Albany back-to-back days last year, even choreographed early Easter dinner so I could hit the road for the game (I do think Easter did affect attendance though as it was pretty bad on Sunday). I was beat by the time I got home but already had planned to take Monday off so all was good. You find a way to make it work.
                              Last edited by riverchief1; 03-08-2017, 07:46 PM.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Yup, you find a way to make it happen. Strategic use of vacation time, you suddenly come down with "hockey flu" Monday morning, or whatever. Just like a lot of people plan on taking the day after the Super Bowl off, if it's late NCAA game on a Sunday, just take Monday off if you can. No need to burn the candle at both ends.
                                Yes. I've made it painfully clear as day to my boss/office that hockey is non-negotiable.

Heck, I scheduled Friday 3/24 off way back in December when we were expected to be in Manchester (Sat/Sun) just in case and now it turns out I likely need it

Comment

Working...
                                X