Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Pairwise thread

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Wow, what a hose job for Harvard. Complete hose job. The #2 seed in the country and we don't stay in the East??? Screwed royally if that happens.
    Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Our thoughts on Lowell too. If NCAA really wants $ and fans in the seats, they'd find a way to keep Lowell east as otherwise, that will be 1000s of fans and money guaranteed that they'll lose as only parents and couple diehards will go west.
    Heaven forbid a team from the east has to get on an airplane, especially since that has never happened to a team from the west.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
      Heaven forbid a team from the east has to get on an airplane, especially since that has never happened to a team from the west.
      Sorry, god forbid we'd actually like to see our team play as not everyone can afford to fly across the country. Didn't know everyone out west was so rich they can just fly anywhere to see their team play. Nice to have unlimited funds.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

By the way, does anyone know where the Regionals will be played next year? I can't seem to find it, and I know the committee was looking at going back to campus in some way.

Comment

Sorry, god forbid we'd actually like to see our team play as not everyone can afford to fly across the country. Didn't know everyone out west was so rich they can just fly anywhere to see their team play. Nice to have unlimited funds.
          Hi RiverChief. We western fans surely don't have unlimited funds. I think the above poster was trying to point out that most western teams don't have 1, much less 2 regionals each year within driving range. If any fans go, they have to fly. That's just the way of life, here.

As to Lowell, it won't matter one bit who plays in Fargo as far as fans. The place is already sold out. I can't speak to Cincinnati, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
            Hi RiverChief. We western fans surely don't have unlimited funds. I think the above poster was trying to point out that most western teams don't have 1, much less 2 regionals each year within driving range. If any fans go, they have to fly. That's just the way of life, here.

As to Lowell, it won't matter one bit who plays in Fargo as far as fans. The place is already sold out. I can't speak to Cincinnati, however.
            Well that's sort of the thing. We're all hearing that Fargo is sold out except for the allotment for each of the four teams and that's great. So knowing you have a team in Lowell that will bring 1000s of fans to either Manchester or Providence, you would think the NCAA would keep them east rather than have half empty venues there as practically no Lowell fans except for parents and a handful of diehards will make a trip out west. But that's if the NCAA only cares about $ which if Lowell is shipped west, means they don't as they'll hose all the Lowell fans and not get their $.

But we'll just have to see as lots can still take place between now and then.
            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-04-2017, 10:17 PM.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Well that's sort of the thing. We're all hearing that Fargo is sold out except for the allotment for each of the four teams and that's great. So knowing you have a team in Lowell that will bring 1000s of fans to either Manchester or Providence, you would think the NCAA would keep them east rather than have half empty venues there as practically no Lowell fans except for parents and a handful of diehards will make a trip out west. But that's if the NCAA only cares about $ which if Lowell is shipped west, means they don't as they'll hose all the Lowell fans and not get their $.

There is a chance with two more weekends of hockey that things might change.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                Wow, what a hose job for Harvard. Complete hose job. The #2 seed in the country and we don't stay in the East??? Screwed royally if that happens.
                Our thoughts on Lowell too. If NCAA really wants $ and fans in the seats, they'd find a way to keep Lowell east as otherwise, that will be 1000s of fans and money guaranteed that they'll lose as only parents and couple diehards will go west.

The point Numbers makes is right on. It seems to me that you are trying to say that the NC$$ should simply forget about bracket integrity so that your team's fans don't have to travel. Yes, Fargo is sold out and the other regionals will not do well for attendance. Nothing new there. But you are right - there will be lots of change between now and then.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  By the way, does anyone know where the Regionals will be played next year? I can't seem to find it, and I know the committee was looking at going back to campus in some way.
                  That announcement is coming "soon" according to Seth Woodcock of UMaine, which has submitted a bid for Portland, ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                    The point Numbers makes is right on. It seems to me that you are trying to say that the NC$$ should simply forget about bracket integrity so that your team's fans don't have to travel. Yes, Fargo is sold out and the other regionals will not do well for attendance. Nothing new there. But you are right - there will be lots of change between now and then.
                    I don't think skate79 understood the conference bind. That was the reason for that confusion.

As for Lowell vs BU, the NCAA could certainly make a switch for attendance if needed. I wouldn't, but the NCAA has and likely will again. The question is whether the NCAA calculates this switch is worth it. With Lowell, BU and PC almost assured of all being in the two/three bands, someone is going west.

Comment

If PC, BU, and Lowell all end up as two and three seeds, no chance they all can stay east. PC drew over 8k iirc at the Dunk last time so I am pretty sure they want those numbers again.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        If PC, BU, and Lowell all end up as two and three seeds, no chance they all can stay east. PC drew over 8k iirc at the Dunk last time so I am pretty sure they want those numbers again.
                        Agreed. Just ship BU west as Lowell will bring more fans to either eastern venue.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Agreed. Just ship BU west as Lowell will bring more fans to either eastern venue.
                          I am with you but the perception is that BU is a bigger name then Lowell...Lowell always blows them away with fans
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Barring something unexpected, it is likely to come down to either BU or Lowell in Manchester. The NCAA will have to balance bracket integrity with attendance issues. Conventional wisdom says Lowell stays, but we're dealing with the NCAA here...

Comment

Intra-conference match ups are only taboo in first game of regional---1 vs 4 or 2 vs 3. No reason to send #1 Denver to Providence.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Intra-conference match ups are only taboo in first game of regional---1 vs 4 or 2 vs 3. No reason to send #1 Denver to Providence.
                                Where would you send them?

Comment

Working...
                                X