Conference Tournament Results: March 2nd through March 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Conference Tournament Results: March 2nd through March 5th

Cornell 3 SLU 1 with 5:58 to go in period 2.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      2nd 5 min major and 10 min game misconduct and Wisconsin makes them pay. Wisco 2-1 very early in the 3rd.
      The 2-1 lead came late in the third. Nurse with a pass from behind the net to Clarke, who one-timed it past Shaw. Then Badger's D Michaela Gardner took a high-sticking penalty, so UND is set up to be able to pull the goalie and play 6-on-4 to try to get the tie. And then on the first rush while on the PP, UND takes an "excessive roughing" penalty when (I missed who) just kept pushing people in front of the net after the whistle. So the game ended with an empty net for UND, but all it got them was 5-on-5 play. The Badgers missed a couple prime empty net chances, and the final was 2-1.

Edit: Clarke's goal came 17:15 into the third period. And Kolstad took the stupid late 5 minute penalty.
      Last edited by robertearle; 03-04-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Wisconsin 2 UND 1 Final
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Kolstad has to be completely clueless.

Did she not understand the stakes and the immediate circumstance? Two minutes left in the game, her team goes on the PP with a chance to tie it up and she considers it more important to meaninglessly vent her anger for a split second, thereby risking her team's chances for success, instead of sucking it up. Might have been a weak call but the stupidity was in taking that risk and volunteering your team's fate to the whim of a ref.

Unbelievably stupid.

Well, then again, at least she's consistent.

If I was her coach her backside would be getting very familiar with the bench for the first few games next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Kolstad has to be completely clueless.
            ... to meaninglessly vent her anger for a split second... Might have been a weak call ...
            It lasted more than a split second. She shoved McKibbon to the ice, then kept shoving until the lineman got her in a bear-hug (and she may have given him a shove, too). It was well-deserved.

Comment

I didn't have a great angle, but I thought Kolstad's final cross check caught a Badger in the throat/head, so I thought a major was perfectly justified, though I've never heard of "Excessive Roughing" as a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                I didn't have a great angle, but I thought Kolstad's final cross check caught a Badger in the throat/head, so I thought a major was perfectly justified, though I've never heard of "Excessive Roughing" as a call.
                Calling a penalty excessive roughing seems to imply that merely roughing isn't a penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                  I think it was all about her going up high on the hard shove/punch. Had it been to the chest, it might not even have been called, let alone a major misconduct.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                    Calling a penalty excessive roughing seems to imply that merely roughing isn't a penalty...
                    Two minutes vs five minutes.

Comment

Congratulations to RMU for winning the CHA Championship game 2-0 over Syracuse and earning their first trip to the NCAA Tournament!!!

Comment

Cornell 3 SLU 1

Clarkson vs Cornell for all the marbles on Sunday.
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Oh, man!

Cameranesi is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            Cornell 3 SLU 1

Clarkson vs Cornell for all the marbles on Sunday.
                            Cornell making the NCAA tournament appears to now come down to either pulling off another upset tomorrow or, failing that, for BC to not choke against whomever the play tomorrow.

Comment

Cameranesi on the ice for UM. Yeah!

Comment

BC recap: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...ont-catamounts

Everything has fallen BC's way so far to get home ice... if UMD and BU both win today, BC will get home ice with a win tomorrow.

If BU and UMD don't win, BC can still get home ice with a few other (slightly more difficult) combinations.

Lastly, Minnesota can really upset the bracket apple cart by winning the WCHA. That would give all three WCHA teams home ice.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X