Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

Is there anywhere that lists team commits for the upcoming year? Someone used to do an updatable complete list of birth year commits for each individual team on this USCHO comment board. It was a very accurate list and very interesting to read. I believe his name was HUX
    Last edited by Blackhawks Rule; 03-02-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
      I believe Veilette Is committed to Clarkson
      Dang.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Dang.
        I mean, Minnesota and Wisconsin can't get all the recruits or else they would dominate winning national titles...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Dang.
          No, it's WHOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
            Is there anywhere that lists team commits for the upcoming year? Someone used to do an updatable complete list of birth year commits for each individual team on this USCHO comment board. It was a very accurate list and very interesting to read. I believe his name was HUX
            Correct, it was Hux and that was a good thread. You can use the link I used in the other thread and sort it by college...

http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...x?x7cq9=FEMALE
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Correct, it was Hux and that was a good thread. You can use the link I used in the other thread and sort it by college...

There are two U of M recruits that I don't see shown: Olivia Knowles of the Okanagan Hockey Academy, and Catie Skaja of New Prague High School.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

a 20 year old freshman eh?
                she's over 6 months older than Sarah Potomak who will be a Junior next year

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  There are two U of M recruits that I don't see shown: Olivia Knowles of the Okanagan Hockey Academy, and Catie Skaja of New Prague High School.
                  That is true, but if your like me the preferred place to go for U of M recruiting is the women's threads on GPL.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Czech team qualified for the Olympics? If so Pejzlova won't be able to play for Clarkson next year and would be a big loss for Clarkson but these rankings don't shock me one bit, with where Clarkson is located I won't be shocked to see Clarkson becoming a powerhouse even western teams struggle with because of the Canadian pipeline.

Comment

The Swiss won the group that the Czechs were in - so no Olympics for the Czech women's hockey team in 2018.
                      THINK PINK
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Do the Czechs even centralize anyway?
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Here's my top 15 (and you don't have to pay $30/month for my opinion)

Based on commitments reported on HockeyTech for 2017-18

1. Wisconsin
                          2. UMD
                          3. MN
                          4. Cornell
                          5. BSU
                          6. OSU
                          7. Union (I know I'm gonna get slammed for this one-I'm basing it on sheer numbers)
                          8. NE
                          9. Yale
                          10. PC
                          11. SCSU
                          12. Harvard
                          13. Mercyhurst
                          14. Syracuse
                          15. CT

Hockey Commitments must be missing some BC recruits - Only list one for next season

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post

1. Wisconsin
                            2. UMD
                            3. MN
                            4. Cornell
                            5. BSU
                            6. OSU
                            7. Union (I know I'm gonna get slammed for this one-I'm basing it on sheer numbers)
                            8. NE
                            9. Yale
                            10. PC
                            11. SCSU
                            12. Harvard
                            13. Mercyhurst
                            14. Syracuse
                            15. CT

Hockey Commitments must be missing some BC recruits - Only list one for next season
                            You have 5 of the top 6 as WCHA teams so there is that...

BC, just having Cayla Barnes coming in next year would put them in the top 10. Add 3 very good Canadian recruits and they're in the top 5.

15th...

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post

Not having Clarkson in the top 15 is a joke. I would not pay $.01 for your opinion.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I thought it would be interesting to build off of the list of the USA and Canada U18 team rosters, as put together by KTDC in December. I've filled in some of the schools (bolded) that were missing from these lists:

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                                If anyone has corrections or additions to College Commitments, I'd love to get them.

USA Roster

Cayla Barnes D................Corona, Calif......New Hampton School…...Boston College
                                Natalie Buchbinder D........Fairport, N.Y.......Shattuck St. Mary's.......Wisconsin
                                Jesse Compher F............Northbrook, Ill......Chicago Mission…..........Boston University
                                Clair DeGeorge F..........Anchorage, Alaska....Shattuck St. Mary's....…Bemidji State
                                Delaney Drake F.............Traverse, Mich.......Leland High School….... Wisconsin
                                Alex Gulstene G............Evanston, Ill...Okanagan Hockey Academy…..Minnesota
                                Taylor Heise F................Lake City, Minn.....Red Wing High School…....Minnesota
                                Natalie Heising F........Maple Grove, Minn.....Wayzata High School….....Penn State
                                Gabrielle Hughes F..........Lino Lakes, Minn...Centennial High School...…UND
                                Nicole LaMantia D............Wayne, Ill........Chicago Mission AAA U16..…Wisconsin
                                Anneke Linser F.............Lino Lakes, Minn....Centennial High School…...UMD
                                Maureen Murphy F..........Buffalo, N.Y............Shattuck St. Mary's…......Providence
                                Elizabeth Norton D........Long Lake, Minn........Jr. Whitecaps……............UMD
                                Emily Oden F...................Edina, Minn.........Edina High School….........Minnesota
                                Gracie Ostertag D..........Shakopee, Minn......Shattuck St. Mary's…......Minnesota
                                Dominique Petrie F.......Los Angeles, Calif.......Anaheim Jr. Ducks.........???
                                Lindsay Reed G.............New Vernon, N.J.....The Hotchkiss School….....???
                                Allyson Simpson D...........Frisco, Texas........Shattuck St. Mary's…........Colgate
                                Catherine Skaja F.........New Prauge, Minn.....New Prague High School...Minnesota
                                Taylor Wente F..............Plymouth, Minn.......Maple Grove High School..…Minnesota
                                Madeline Wethington D....Edina, Minn...........Blake High School..........…Minnesota
                                Grace Zumwinkle F.....….Excelsior, Minn……...Breck High School…….........Minnesota

Team Canada Roster
                                2....Maegan Beres F...North Vancouver, B.C.......NAHA .......................Boston College
                                6....Nara Elia F..................Saskatoon, Sas..Okanagan Hockey Academy ???
                                7....Audrey-Anne Veillette F..Drummondville, Que ..Stanstead College....Clarkson
                                8....Sophie Shirley F.......Saskatoon, Sas..Okanagan Hockey Academy ....Wisconsin
                                9....Brette Pettet F.........Kentville, N.S.....Shattuck's St Mary's...............Wisconsin
                                11...Alexa Vasko F......St. Catharines, Ont....Stoney Creek…...................Mercyhurst
                                15...Daryl Watts F ...........Toronto, Ont........Mississauga.......................Bosto n College
                                16...Amy Potomak F........Aldergrove, B.C.......Pacific…...........................Minne sota
                                17...Emma Maltais F.........Burlington, Ont.......Oakville..........................Ohio State
                                19...Sarah Fillier F...........Georgetown, Ont.......Oakville ........................Princeton
                                22...Brooke McQuigge F....Bowmanville, Ont .......Whitby .......................Princeton
                                26...Ashton Bell F.............Deloraine, Man.........Westman ......................UND
                                28...Gabrielle David F....Drummondville, Que.......Limoilou ......................Clarkson
                                4....Shelby Wood D .....Cambridge, Ont...........Cambridge ..................…Colgate
                                10...Brooke Hobson D.....Prince Albert, Sas......Prince Albert...................Northeastern
                                13...Courtney Vorster D.....Richmond, B.C.......Shattuck's St Mary's ….......Quinnipiac
                                14...Avery Mitchell D .......Pickering, Ont........Toronto ..........................…Clarkson
                                18...Meaghan Hector D.....Georgetown, Ont......Oakville ..........................Clarkson
                                24...Emma Buckles D..........Toronto, Ont..........Toronto…............................H arvard
                                27...Olivia Knowles D....Campbell River, B.C....Okanagan Hockey Academy.....Minnesota
                                1....Corinne Schroeder G.....Elm Creek, Man..Balmoral Hall School ............Boston University
                                29...Danika Ranger G .......Uxbridge, Ont.......Durham..........................Ni****in g University
                                30...Édith D’Astous-Moreau G..Laval, Qc..........Nepean............................. Syracuse
                                Recap - total number from both teams:
                                Minnesota - 10

Wisconsin - 5

Clarkson - 4

Boston College - 3

Boston University - 2
                                Minnesota Duluth - 2
                                North Dakota - 2
                                Princeton - 2
                                Colgate - 2

Bemidji State - 1
                                Penn State - 1
                                Providence - 1
                                Mercyhurst - 1
                                Ohio State - 1
                                Northeastern - 1
                                Quinnipiac - 1
                                Harvard - 1
                                Syracuse - 1

While you can't draw too much from these numbers:
                                > Many excellent players did not make the teams
                                > Other excellent players from other countries
                                > Other excellent players who are part of the 2017-18 incoming class were too old to skate for their U18 team this year

I do think it's one objective indicator of which schools are attracting some excellent talent.
                                Last edited by D2D; 03-03-2017, 01:51 PM. Reason: Adding Gabrielle David commitment to Clarkson.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X