Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,198

    2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Top 10 NC$$ Div 1 Women's recruiting Class Rankings according to Neutralzone.net

    TOP 10 RECRUITING CLASSES
    # Name Conference
    1. Minnesota WCHA
    2. Wisconsin WCHA
    3. Clarkson ECAC
    4. Boston College Hockey East
    5. Harvard ECAC
    6. Ohio State WCHA
    7. Syracuse CHA
    8. North Dakota WCHA
    9. Minnesota Duluth WCHA
    10. Bemidji WCHA

    Clarkson Recruits from Neutralzone.net

    Avery Mitchell Toronto Jr Aeros -D- 32Gms - 3G/2A
    Elizabeth Giguere Limoilou -F- 2015-2016 stats 24Gms 34G/20A Can't find stats for 2016-217
    Kia Castonguay Boston Shamrocks U19 -G- 19Gms 3.76GAA .890Sv%
    Kristy Pidgeon Nepean Jr Wildcats -F- 35Gms - 13G/28A
    Megan Hector Oakville Jr Hornets -D- 33Gms - 6G/9A
    Michaela Boyle Boston Shamrocks U19 -F- 28Gms 15G/9A
    Tiana Stoddard Nepean Jr Wildcats -F- 38Gms - 22G/13A
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  2. #2
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,653

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Top 10 NC$$ Div 1 Women's recruiting Class Rankings according to Neutralzone.net

    TOP 10 RECRUITING CLASSES
    # Name Conference
    1. Minnesota WCHA
    2. Wisconsin WCHA
    3. Clarkson ECAC
    4. Boston College Hockey East
    5. Harvard ECAC
    6. Ohio State WCHA
    7. Syracuse CHA
    8. North Dakota WCHA
    9. Minnesota Duluth WCHA
    10. Bemidji WCHA

    Clarkson Recruits from Neutralzone.net

    Avery Mitchell Toronto Jr Aeros -D- 32Gms - 3G/2A
    Elizabeth Giguere Limoilou -F- 2015-2016 stats 24Gms 34G/20A Can't find stats for 2016-217
    Kia Castonguay Boston Shamrocks U19 -G- 19Gms 3.76GAA .890Sv%
    Kristy Pidgeon Nepean Jr Wildcats -F- 35Gms - 13G/28A
    Megan Hector Oakville Jr Hornets -D- 33Gms - 6G/9A
    Michaela Boyle Boston Shamrocks U19 -F- 28Gms 15G/9A
    Tiana Stoddard Nepean Jr Wildcats -F- 38Gms - 22G/13A
    That's interesting. Surprised anyone even knows enough about these players to rank them.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Giguere is an older CEGEP player who, in my opinion, will be in the mix as one of the best freshman in college hockey next year.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    322

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    That's interesting. Surprised anyone even knows enough about these players to rank them.
    The 2016 class wouldn't follow this top 10 list.

  5. #5
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,186

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Top 10 NC$$ Div 1 Women's recruiting Class Rankings according to Neutralzone.net

    TOP 10 RECRUITING CLASSES
    # Name Conference
    1. Minnesota WCHA
    2. Wisconsin WCHA
    3. Clarkson ECAC
    4. Boston College Hockey East
    5. Harvard ECAC
    6. Ohio State WCHA
    7. Syracuse CHA
    8. North Dakota WCHA
    9. Minnesota Duluth WCHA
    10. Bemidji WCHA
    This one is interesting. Could the Orange be the next CHA team to be a factor for at-large bids?
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    That's interesting. Surprised anyone even knows enough about these players to rank them.
    The referenced information comes from a scouting futures website...

  7. #7
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,653
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    The referenced information comes from a scouting futures website...
    Yeah and I am still surprised anyone knows enough about these players to be able to rank them lol

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,198

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Yeah and I am still surprised anyone knows enough about these players to be able to rank them lol
    We can revisit this list in 4 years
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    From what can be gleaned for years beyound 2017 from the site (without subscribing).

    2018 ranking
    1. Minnesota
    2. Minnesota Duluth
    3. Princeton
    4. Yale
    5. Harvard

    2019
    1. BC
    2. Colgate
    3. Quinnipiac
    4. Northeastern
    5. UNH

    2020
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Minnesota
    3. BC
    4 UNH
    5. Maine

    And from the free portion of their top ranked players...

    2017
    1. Amy Potomak Minn Canada
    2. Cayla Barnes BC USA
    3. Grace Zumwinke Minn USA
    4. Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson Can
    5. Sophie Shirley Wis USA

    2018
    1. Sarah Filler Princeton CAN
    2. Talyor Heise Minn USA
    3. Gabrielle Hughes UND USA
    4. Anneke Linser UMD USA
    5. Nicole Lamantia Wis USA

    2019
    1. Audrey Ann Veilette CAN
    2. Hanna Bilka BC USA
    3. McKensie Hauswirth Quinn USA
    4. Grace Shirley CAN
    5. Madeline Wethington Minn USA

  10. #10
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,142

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    From what can be gleaned for years beyound 2017 from the site (without subscribing).

    2018 ranking
    1. Minnesota
    2. Minnesota Duluth
    3. Princeton
    4. Yale
    5. Harvard

    2019
    1. BC
    2. Colgate
    3. Quinnipiac
    4. Northeastern
    5. UNH

    2020
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Minnesota
    3. BC
    4 UNH
    5. Maine

    And from the free portion of their top ranked players...

    2017
    1. Amy Potomak Minn Canada
    2. Cayla Barnes BC USA
    3. Grace Zumwinke Minn USA
    4. Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson Can
    5. Sophie Shirley Wis USA

    2018
    1. Sarah Filler Princeton CAN
    2. Talyor Heise Minn USA
    3. Gabrielle Hughes UND USA
    4. Anneke Linser UMD USA
    5. Nicole Lamantia Wis USA

    2019
    1. Audrey Ann Veilette CAN
    4. Grace Shirley CAN
    2018 UW is only bringing in 3 players, F Britta Curl, D Nicole Lamantia and G Cami Kronish. They will be getting back Pankowski and Clark that year for their Sr. years, hence they are not ranked in the top 5 that year for recruiting, but no worries from a UW standpoint

    2019...Worries for UW.....I sure hope since Sophie Shirley signed with UW, that her sister will too. Also sure wouldn't mind seeing Veilette sign up too with UW, but who wouldn't. Right now UW has at least 2 openings in that class for forwards. Right now there are 2 D signed on with UW, Chayla Edwards and Teagan Grant, (maybe they need 1 more D) that's it for the 2019 class so far. The F players MJ brings in need to elevate that class to at least crack the top 5 to compete with the rodents.

    2020 UW's class so far is Makenna Webster and Casey O'Brien. They will need at least 3 F, 2 D and 1 G to fill that one out. Looks good to be #1 with only 2 players signed on so far.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    193

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    From what can be gleaned for years beyound 2017 from the site (without subscribing).

    2018 ranking
    1. Minnesota
    2. Minnesota Duluth
    3. Princeton
    4. Yale
    5. Harvard

    2019
    1. BC
    2. Colgate
    3. Quinnipiac
    4. Northeastern
    5. UNH

    2020
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Minnesota
    3. BC
    4 UNH
    5. Maine

    And from the free portion of their top ranked players...

    2017
    1. Amy Potomak Minn Canada
    2. Cayla Barnes BC USA
    3. Grace Zumwinke Minn USA
    4. Elizabeth Giguere Clarkson Can
    5. Sophie Shirley Wis USA

    2018
    1. Sarah Filler Princeton CAN
    2. Talyor Heise Minn USA
    3. Gabrielle Hughes UND USA
    4. Anneke Linser UMD USA
    5. Nicole Lamantia Wis USA

    2019
    1. Audrey Ann Veilette CAN
    2. Hanna Bilka BC USA
    3. McKensie Hauswirth Quinn USA
    4. Grace Shirley CAN
    5. Madeline Wethington Minn USA

    Watch out for Sarah Fillier (Princeton 2018) I've seen her play for a few years, clearly a difference maker. Already on the CDN U18 team, played up a game with our U17's as a 14 year old and was far and away the best player on the ice.

  12. #12
    Hockey Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    the great U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    2018 UW is only bringing in 3 players, F Britta Curl, D Nicole Lamantia and G Cami Kronish. They will be getting back Pankowski and Clark that year for their Sr. years, hence they are not ranked in the top 5 that year for recruiting, but no worries from a UW standpoint

    2019...Worries for UW.....I sure hope since Sophie Shirley signed with UW, that her sister will too. Also sure wouldn't mind seeing Veilette sign up too with UW, but who wouldn't. Right now UW has at least 2 openings in that class for forwards. Right now there are 2 D signed on with UW, Chayla Edwards and Teagan Grant, (maybe they need 1 more D) that's it for the 2019 class so far. The F players MJ brings in need to elevate that class to at least crack the top 5 to compete with the rodents.

    2020 UW's class so far is Makenna Webster and Casey O'Brien. They will need at least 3 F, 2 D and 1 G to fill that one out. Looks good to be #1 with only 2 players signed on so far.
    I believe Veilette Is committed to Clarkson

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    I believe Veilette Is committed to Clarkson
    Do you have some inside info on that as I have not seen that commitment through the normal channels?

  14. #14
    Hockey Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    the great U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Do you have some inside info on that as I have not seen that commitment through the normal channels?
    https://twitter.com/WHockeyCommits/s...05366610333696

    Internet skills.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    Ahhh....I see that it just posted a few hours ago and is not yet here...http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...x?x7cq9=FEMALE

    And good to see she isn't going to the red menace as TimothyA was wishing.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-02-2017 at 03:47 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    44

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Is there anywhere that lists team commits for the upcoming year? Someone used to do an updatable complete list of birth year commits for each individual team on this USCHO comment board. It was a very accurate list and very interesting to read. I believe his name was HUX
    Last edited by Blackhawks Rule; 03-02-2017 at 03:47 PM.

  17. #17
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,142

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    I believe Veilette Is committed to Clarkson
    Dang.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Dang.
    I mean, Minnesota and Wisconsin can't get all the recruits or else they would dominate winning national titles...

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,198

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Dang.
    No, it's WHOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: 2017 NC$$ Recruiting Class Rankings (Top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
    Is there anywhere that lists team commits for the upcoming year? Someone used to do an updatable complete list of birth year commits for each individual team on this USCHO comment board. It was a very accurate list and very interesting to read. I believe his name was HUX
    Correct, it was Hux and that was a good thread. You can use the link I used in the other thread and sort it by college...

    http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...x?x7cq9=FEMALE
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-02-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •