Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan 3/3 & 3/4

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Too many penalties in the third, no offense late for the Gophers and a tenacious, scrappy Michigan team with lots of SOG and something to prove...and the Gophers watch the lead, game and everything else slip away...ugh. The loss drops the Gophers out of #1 seed and with Western Michigan beating Duluth with brownie points, WM is firmly in the drivers seat at #4 in the PWR. UW beats Penn St. and is tied with the Gophers for the B1G conference lead. Better bounce back tomorrow.
    All true. When the announcers were heaping all that praise on them in the first period I knew trouble was right around the corner. It was almost like the 2-0 lead came too easy and they thought they could relax the rest of the way. NOT! They got way too casual with their passes, and all too often they did not take good care of the puck. Too many careless passes led to too many odd-man rushes going the wrong way. When they got stuck in their zone, too many failed clearing attempts. And as you note, too many penalties in the third, most of which were very avoidable. This team can be so much fun to watch, yet at the same time they can be so frustrating.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

This will cost us a #1 seed
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Yet nobody really predicted it... Not even our fans.
        Playing down to the level of their competition is a time honored Gopher tradition.

It was as predictable as gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          Playing down to the level of their competition is a time honored Gopher tradition.

It was as predictable as gravity.
          LOL, such typical goofers. Never give credit to the other team who played much better than they have for most of the season.

Step away from the edge of the building- you guys played well last night. What you played was a totally different Michigan team (other than last week's second OSU game) than what you prepared for. Now that they have seen that, perhaps they will play it differently tonight.

Really- we've not really played like that all season- where we were basically blanketing the opposition man-man all night.

But if you want to blame your team for that, feel free.

Are you sure some of you are not from New England? And are secret fans of Boston sports? You act so much like them.

Comment

LOL, such typical goofers. Never give credit to the other team who played much better than they have for most of the season.

Step away from the edge of the building- you guys played well last night. What you played was a totally different Michigan team (other than last week's second OSU game) than what you prepared for. Now that they have seen that, perhaps they will play it differently tonight.

Really- we've not really played like that all season- where we were basically blanketing the opposition man-man all night.

Are you sure some of you are not from New England? And are secret fans of Boston sports? You act so much like them.
            I am atypical. Does this make me unique?
            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
              I am atypical. Does this make me unique?
              If that makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

Comment

I've always likened it to a bunch of kids that never outgrew their "my dad can beat up your dad" phase.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Coaches typically look at shorter segments of scheduled games in hockey (3-4 games) and improvements in play, not comparisons against an entire season . They're less concerned about what the season's been like, and more concerned with what's happening now. I don't see last night's compete level from Mich. as a fluke. I see a young Mich. team ranked 45th in scoring shutting out the 2nd (OSU) highest scoring team in college hockey and beating the 5th with a will to win in back to back weekends. From a coaching standpoint, that's a pretty encouraging sign going forward.

To put things in perspective, we're 14-5 in our last 19. It's more predictable to consider that trendline will continue. Last night we didn't play well enough in the third while Mich. played with purpose and the game got away from us. But since our W% over the last 19 (more than half the season) is .737, I don't buy into the notion that this loss is a predictable Gopher pattern...at least not this season.

One other huge factor in the loss is we're missing a key player in Szmatula on the third line, which has done very little scoring since he was injured. Szmatula is 4th in points/game, been a major playmaker and he's basically irreplaceable on that third line and the PP. This season's scoring depth has been the Gopher's key weapon in wearing teams down. Since Szmatula's injury, we've lost some of that edge.
                  Last edited by SteveO; 03-04-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

LOL, such typical goofers.

Welcome to the Logic Free Zone of Minnesota Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                      Welcome to the Logic Free Zone of Minnesota Hockey.
                      Yeah, Right. No other team in the country has fans that say things on message boards that aren't perfect?

Comment

Borrowing a phrase here but, To put things in perspective: Goofs are lucking in a goal with 4 seconds left away from being 3 for their last 7.

As it is they're .600 in their last 5, .500 in the last 4, and .333 in the last 3. I think we can see where this trend line is going.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Yeah, Right. No other team in the country has fans that say things on message boards that aren't perfect?
                          Umm... no.... none come immediately to mind.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Borrowing a phrase here but, To put things in perspective: Goofs are lucking in a goal with 4 seconds left away from being 3 for their last 7.

As it is they're .600 in their last 5, .500 in the last 4, and .333 in the last 3. I think we can see where this trend line is going.

National Championship.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

The appropriate segments are .750. What is "lucking"?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Sorry Michigan, you're horrible and a PWR wrecker. Minnesota must sweep if at all possible. Do it for the math.
                                We are aware of that. Scoreboard (I do not expect a similar outcome tonight).
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X