X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark 4: It's not unusual to be strange anymore

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That was my reaction.

I assume 7% of Americans think brown babies are the result of anal.
    They're not? Sh|t!
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      7% of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/natio...FlowFB_CHBrand
      What percentage of that is people just stitching up the survey taker?
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/natio...FlowFB_CHBrand
        Did anybody read that link? The 7% line isn't even the worst part of it all.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Did anybody read that link? The 7% line isn't even the worst part of it all.
          Yes.

The Washington Post notes the survey findings reflect a general agricultural illiteracy among Americans: a 2011 survey of fourth, fifth- and sixth-graders at an urban California high school found more than half the kids didn't know that pickles were cucumbers, or that onions and lettuce were plants. Four in 10 didn't know that hamburgers came from cows -- and three in ten didn't know that cheese is made from milk.
          Though to be honest I'll bet if you surveyed city kids in the 1940s you'd have gotten the same results.

I would be fascinated though to know what they think lettuce is. A stock derivative? An urban dictionary made up sex position?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes.

Though to be honest I'll bet if you surveyed city kids in the 1940s you'd have gotten the same results.

I would be fascinated though to know what they think lettuce is. A stock derivative? An urban dictionary made up sex position?
            My dad didn't know until his 30s (about pickles being cucumbers), and he was a West Point grad.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              My dad didn't know until his 30s (about pickles being cucumbers), and he was a West Point grad.
              My dad was one of those street urchins you see in Bowery Boys shorts -- not just a city kid but effectively an orphan growing up on the streets in DC, Atlantic City, and Brooklyn in the 1930s. He knew 1100 ways to play craps but he didn't know that plants had seeds until he worked on a WPA project in far flung bucolic Passaic, NJ when he was about 17.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes.

It's not from urban dictionary you dolt. It's from 4chan.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It's not from urban dictionary you dolt. It's from 4chan.
                  No, if it was 4chan it'd be real.
                  Cornell University

Comment

*shudder*
                    Code:

Comment

Yes.

I'm many generations removed from a family with an agriculture background, but I still knew those things. People just need to talk with their children.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So yesterday at my work a stranger came in and asked whether we could show him our surveillance footage of our parking lot. He said his car had been hit and he was trying to ID the hit and run. We told him we'd review the tape and see. So he left.

And we looked.

The footage belongs on Worldstar. The guy (the hitee) can be seen driving his truck in our back lot, and slowing down next to another parked car. He gets out, walks around the car a couple times, and cocks his head like a robin looking at a confusing motion in the trees. And then, and I swear I'm not making this up, he flexes his arms like Ahnie a couple times, and whacks one fist into his other hand like Bluto in a Popeye cartoon. I mean, nobody's around and he's doing stuff that looks like mugging for a camera. "Why I'll moitalize 'im!"

Then he does the rational thing. He parks right behind the other car, trapping it, grabs his stuff, and heads off towards (I assume) the gym behind us.

Fast forward the footage for about 40 minutes. The guy's truck is right in the center of the driving lane by a blind corner, and roid-heads are blasting through the lot to and from the gym and barely missing him. There are probably 15 close calls, but no lucky winner.

Finally, a guy comes out to a car parked perpendicular to Our Hero with maybe 0.8 car's clearance to get around him -- easy with a slight turn and some common sense. He relaxes, and mixes one of those energy drinks on his hood, and looks at the guy's truck. After about five minutes he gets in his own car and starts to edge out one way, but the minor axis is too short, so he pulls back in and obviously he can get out by turning the other way. So he turns his wheel back to straight and then blasts straight back and T-bones the guy's truck -- the impact is so hard the truck rocks sideways. We can't see the damage but he hits right in the center of the driver's side panel so presumably it folded right in. Car guy never gets out, just readjusts and three point turns his a-ss out of there as fast as he can go.

It's like something from candid camera. Is this really a cross-section of what's happening out there every day? I'm not sure how people remember to breath.

Anyway, we couldn't ID the license plate for Our Hero so I guess that's the end of it unless they meet again in the lot, in which case I assume we'll all be giving testimony at the murder trial.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 06-16-2017, 02:43 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

That's amazing.
                          Code:

Comment

Ask that same question elsewhere. Meh.

Comment

The good news is, Americans aren't the only morons in the world.

The bad news is...
                              Cornell University

Comment

Along with man buns, a sure sign of the decline of civilization!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ive-led-lashes
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X