X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark 4: It's not unusual to be strange anymore

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Your move, North Dakota.
    I don't think I've ever had a beer that good...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      A buddy of mine has a $1,200 bottle of beer. Almost impossible to find. KBBS something or other.
      Founders KBS that he's been aging for many years? Given how highly demanded that beer is every year, I could see that. Wouldn't have much carbonation left at this point.

Any burger over 1/2 lb is just ridiculous. With all that bun and toppings, it'd be difficult to finish.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-24-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

No, it's some other beer that maybe toppling Goliath makes.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          How about the 2/3 lb thickburgers from Hardees? Those things were (are?) massive calorie bombs.
          As an aside to Hardees, back in the day A&W tried to compete against the McDonald's Quarter Pounder, but the average American was too stupid to realize that 1/3 pound weighed more than 1/4 pound.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

5/4 of all people have trouble using fractions.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

America should move over to the metric system, so we can eliminate fractions.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                No, it's some other beer that maybe toppling Goliath makes.
                You don't want to be anywhere near Decorah when one of those beers go on sale. I've stood in those lines. It's crazy.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  You don't want to be anywhere near Decorah when one of those beers go on sale. I've stood in those lines. It's crazy.
                  Toppling Goliath Kentucky Breakfast Brunch Stout. 12oz bottle, $1200 on the secondary market. They also make Assassin, which is $300 on the secondary, and I just had this past weekend at a bottle share with a beer group I'm in. I'd never pay those prices, btw.

I had to call my insurance company to clarify part of my policy on my renter's insurance. I have a $250 limit on "refrigerator contents." That is where I have to cellar my beer, to keep it 55 degrees or under. I'm covered without having to take a rider out. I probably have about $1000 worth of beer right now. And I'm a minnow compared to some of the people I know on here (dx, bbdl)
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If at first you don't succeed... https://www.infowars.com/globalists-...enefit-le-pen/

Comment

It's good to see Flaggy supporting the performance arts, but shouldn't that have its own thread, the way music, TV and movies do?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If I bought a $1200 bottle of beer I would feel bad about ever opening it.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          If I bought a $1200 bottle of beer I would feel bad about ever opening it.
                          I've got a couple of 150 dollar bottles of wine in the basement aging for certain occasions (one is going to be for the mortgage burning party in about 15 years, for instance). Can't imagine buying something roughly 10 times as expensive just for alcohol.

Comment

When I was very serious about wine I carried several bottles that were upwards of $200 and I'll be honest of the ones I actually opened (vs. gave away or sold) not a single one of them was worth it. I've even been in situations where I was able to sample $1,000+ bottles and even then I never tasted anything earth-shattering. And I'm talking world-class, one of a kind, extremely rare offerings. All of them kept in climate controlled conditions so we're not talking about a "bad bottle". Unless you have money growing out of your *** I have zero respect for anyone spending a thousand on a bottle or anything and in fact would call you a complete moron to your face with all due respect. Yes without question there are expensive bottles worth the price, but there's a significant law of diminishing returns on that s**t and it starts in the hundreds of dollars.

Comment

United has done it again. This time they killed the wabbit.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...es-flight.html

Apparently, United is the leading dog killer, too.

And golf clubs: http://Goggin burns United after air...aks-his-clubs/
                              Last edited by joecct; 04-25-2017, 09:48 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                When I was very serious about wine I carried several bottles that were upwards of $200 and I'll be honest of the ones I actually opened (vs. gave away or sold) not a single one of them was worth it. I've even been in situations where I was able to sample $1,000+ bottles and even then I never tasted anything earth-shattering. And I'm talking world-class, one of a kind, extremely rare offerings. All of them kept in climate controlled conditions so we're not talking about a "bad bottle". Unless you have money growing out of your *** I have zero respect for anyone spending a thousand on a bottle or anything and in fact would call you a complete moron to your face with all due respect. Yes without question there are expensive bottles worth the price, but there's a significant law of diminishing returns on that s**t and it starts in the hundreds of dollars.
                                This.
                                The most expensive bottle of anything I ever bought was a $200 bottle of Balvenie 21YO scotch, and it was when I flew in to CO Springs to surprise one of my uber-closest friends on NYE. I figured, go big or go home. Was it worth $200? Yeah, especially given the occasion. One time deal.

That being said, I won't overpay for this stuff. Just not worth it. And I've learned that some of this stuff comes up in some of the bottleshares I join, anyway.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X