• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark 4: It's not unusual to be strange anymore

Florida deserves its own category.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/351543...ze-gets-caught
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      One of the reasons I've heard for all the silly news coming out of Florida is its Sunshine Law. It requires public servants to document communication with the public and provide open access to that documentation, so every silly thing that happens involving cops, paramedics, fire, etc. is neatly documented and the press can go to town.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        There are probably a dozen creepy flight stories a week -- there are a LOT of flights. Now anything with UAL is going to get top billing.

Good.

F-ck them right in the shareprice.
        The best part of this, is how it was a #TotalUnitedMove. They literally stole the "Airline Shenanigans" spotlight from Delta, who was coming off what was arguably their worst week of operations in at least a decade. Ed Bastian has to be thanking United for taking Delta's failures out of the press. It's like they were at a bar last Saturday night, and this happened:

Delta: "Well, that'll be the worst week ANY of us will have for awhile."

United: "Hold my beer, and watch this..."

Comment

I don't remember delta even being in the news.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I don't remember delta even being in the news.
            Delta spent almost 5 days recovering from a 100-year thunderstorm event that happened in ATL on 4/4, because they (and all the other airlines), have cut flights to the point that aircraft are usually full, or close to full. So, the whole mess cascaded, and a lot of people were stranded for 3+ days due to lack of seats. It doesn't help that Delta and AA ended their interline agreement last year. So, a bunch of folks eventually gave up and booked tickets on other carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Delta spent almost 5 days recovering from a 100-year thunderstorm event that happened in ATL on 4/4, because they (and all the other airlines), have cut flights to the point that aircraft are usually full, or close to full. So, the whole mess cascaded, and a lot of people were stranded for 3+ days due to lack of seats. It doesn't help that Delta and AA ended their interline agreement last year. So, a bunch of folks eventually gave up and booked tickets on other carriers.
              That hundred year event will happen every year from here on and maybe twice per year. I avoid atlanta like the plague.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                That hundred year event will happen every year from here on and maybe twice per year. I avoid atlanta like the plague.
                Though if you must pass through ATL, it does have better food options than other Delta hubs (One Flew South, Low Country, Varasano's, etc.). Assuming you like bumping and elbowing your way through throngs of other passengers, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  The best part of this, is how it was a #TotalUnitedMove. They literally stole the "Airline Shenanigans" spotlight from Delta, who was coming off what was arguably their worst week of operations in at least a decade. Ed Bastian has to be thanking United for taking Delta's failures out of the press. It's like they were at a bar last Saturday night, and this happened:

Delta: "Well, that'll be the worst week ANY of us will have for awhile."

United: "Hold my beer, and watch this..."
                  I've been thinking John Mulaney needs to update his airport bit with United instead of Delta.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Runner drinks a beer for every mile of half-marathon, finishes in under 2 hours.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Runner drinks a beer for every mile of half-marathon, finishes in under 2 hours.

Call me when it's a shot of tequila.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think he just turned distance running into golf.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I think he just turned distance running into golf.
                          I cracked 2 hours ONCE in a half-marathon, and I did it without coffee or booze.

Kep, if I tried that with tequila, they'd be picking me up at mile 3.

Comment

Imagine waking up and finding a 9 foot gator in your house

http://counton2.com/2017/04/16/9-foo...easter-sunday/

Comment

Anyone have a Nigerian uncle??

@CTVNews: ICYMI: $43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment http://ow.ly/yVcP30aUtJE https://***********/CTVNews/status/8...621058/photo/1
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Anyone have a Nigerian uncle??

@CTVNews: ICYMI: $43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment http://ow.ly/yVcP30aUtJE https://***********/CTVNews/status/8...621058/photo/1
                                No, no Nigerian uncles. Though there is that Nigerian prince who owes me some cash.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X