Gender Neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender Neutral

My grand daughter starts kindergarten in Sept(she'll be 6)and my daughter said the school she'll be attending sent her a letter asking if my grand daughter is gender neutral? I don't remember her mentioning anything when the boy started K 3 years ago.

Is that something they do now days?
    A bad cause requires many words.

Re: Gender Neutral

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    My grand daughter starts kindergarten in Sept(she'll be 6)and my daughter said the school she'll be attending sent her a letter asking if my grand daughter is gender neutral? I don't remember her mentioning anything when the boy started K 3 years ago.

Is that something they do now days?
    It originates from the LGBT considerations. I won't pretend to know the details around it as what I do know is likely insufficient to correctly explain to another person.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      It originates from the LGBT considerations. I won't pretend to know the details around it as what I do know is likely insufficient to correctly explain to another person.
      When my daughter called me last night and asked I said I'd Google it. Read a couple of different things and still didn't know what they were talking about. I told her to ask the teacher when she went to pick up the boy(he goes to the school that inquired).

Appreciate your answer though.

Comment

How many 6 year olds self-identity as neutral versus their parents/guardians pushing it onto them? Not saying it can't happen but it seems a bit out of scope. Harumph.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          How many 6 year olds self-identity as neutral versus their parents/guardians pushing it onto them? Not saying it can't happen but it seems a bit out of scope. Harumph.
          My daughter said it was a "parent thing".

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Agreed, 6 is too young for this stuff.

Comment

I just read the entire January National Geographic which featured only articles on gender. I think you might find these articles interesting/enlightening. Kids and Gender and terminology and the whole magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                I just read the entire January National Geographic which featured only articles on gender. I think you might find these articles interesting/enlightening. Kids and Gender and terminology and the whole magazine.
                Yeah, gender is just another element of society and culture we're going to have to deal with as things evolve and change.

And no, I don't think 6 is too young.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I hope my daughter and her husband let her be the 5 year old diva that she is for as long as they can. She picks out her own clothes and dresses herself, changes 4-5 times a day, and cracks her brother upside the head when he's just sitting there minding his own bidness. My daughter explained to her that boys have a ***** and girls a vagina. She said "I have a china?"

It looks like when she turns 6 she'll have some choices.

The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Agender
                  Androgyne
                  Androgynous
                  Bigender
                  Cis
                  Cisgender
                  Cis Female
                  Cis Male
                  Cis Man
                  Cis Woman
                  Cisgender Female
                  Cisgender Male
                  Cisgender Man
                  Cisgender Woman
                  Female to Male
                  FTM
                  Gender Fluid
                  Gender Nonconforming
                  Gender Questioning
                  Gender Variant
                  Genderqueer
                  Intersex
                  Male to Female
                  MTF
                  Neither
                  Neutrois
                  Non-binary
                  Other
                  Pangender
                  Trans
                  Trans*
                  Trans Female
                  Trans* Female
                  Trans Male
                  Trans* Male
                  Trans Man
                  Trans* Man
                  Trans Person
                  Trans* Person
                  Trans Woman
                  Trans* Woman
                  Transfeminine
                  Transgender
                  Transgender Female
                  Transgender Male
                  Transgender Man
                  Transgender Person
                  Transgender Woman
                  Transmasculine
                  Transsexual
                  Transsexual Female
                  Transsexual Male
                  Transsexual Man
                  Transsexual Person
                  Transsexual Woman
                  Two-Spirit

Comment

The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

It sure looks like quite a few of those are synonyms for each other and not each and every one is distinct.

If you just set up a logic grid (biology/sexuality/identity) you'd get, what, maybe 16 possible combinations overall?
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Two-Spirit
                      Hmm...
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        It sure looks like quite a few of those are synonyms for each other and not each and every one is distinct.

If you just set up a logic grid (biology/sexuality/identity) you'd get, what, maybe 16 possible combinations overall?
                        The individual dimensions are not binary. They are each a spectrum with infinite gradations.

But the point is it's none of anybody else's business what you have under your dress or whether you're wearing one. You "are" what you think you are. It's really not rocket science.

The nutbars are terrified because they associate sexuality with violence and coercion. I can't imagine why.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-01-2017, 09:50 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Hmm...
                          Two-Spirit is a native american term if I am not mistaken. There is a young Native American man here in town that works at the Abbe Museum, which documents the history and culture of the Wabanaki people. He also happens to be gay and has an alternate drag queen persona. I have heard him mention "Two-Spirit" before, and I believe it is an old Native American term for someone that fills a mixed-gender role in the tribe. He is also a master basket weaver, and he has made award winning baskets that can sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars, which is a skill that was passed on to him from his grandmother. Traditionally men made utilitarian baskets and women made 'fancy' baskets to sell to white people, so that is one way he is filling a mixed gender role but I think when he says Two-Spirit he is thinking more of his dual public personas, one male and one female.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            The individual dimensions are not binary. They are each a spectrum with infinite gradations.

But the point is it's none of anybody else's business what you have under your dress or whether you're wearing one. You "are" what you think you are. It's really not rocket science.

The nutbars are terrified because they associate sexuality with violence and coercion. I can't imagine why.
                            People love black and white. God gave them gray.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I hope my daughter and her husband let her be the 5 year old diva that she is for as long as they can. She picks out her own clothes and dresses herself, changes 4-5 times a day, and cracks her brother upside the head when he's just sitting there minding his own bidness. My daughter explained to her that boys have a ***** and girls a vagina. She said "I have a china?"
                              Why is the word ***** starred out and Vagina isn't? Was it feminists?
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X