Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 WCHA Playoff Thread - Home Ice Advantage

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
    BSU provided this release yesterday: http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/ne...hern-michigan/ that includes the following:

"Tickets for the series are on sale now. Youth tickets are set at $9 with adult tickets beginning at $20. Taxes and fees are included in the ticket price."
    Hmmm.... When I go out to Ticketbastard and look at seats at the end of the arena, they are $7 for youth (add the $2 facility fee onto that for $9 at the box office rather than Ticketbastard and their fees) and $12 for adults (add a $4 facility fee onto that for $16 at the box office). We have friends who sit on the end and are looking at getting seats near them.

Can you tell I hate Ticketbastard? When I run up the tickets we want in their system, two youth at $7 and two adults at $12, that $38 in tickets becomes $83 total after all the fees they tack on. Now granted $12 of that is facility fees which we would pay at the box office, but they still turns a $50 sale into $83.........
    Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 03-01-2017, 10:46 AM.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Just got my tickets through by calling the box office and the end of the arena in Bemidji is $16. So they are $9 for youth and $16 (end), $20 (bronze), $25 (silver), $30 (gold) and $35 (club) for adults.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        Just got my tickets through by calling the box office and the end of the arena in Bemidji is $16. So they are $9 for youth and $16 (end), $20 (bronze), $25 (silver), $30 (gold) and $35 (club) for adults.
        Thanks BeaverHockeyFan. I'm fine this weekend since the first round tickets came with the season ticket package. But if we continue to win, we'll seek our current seats.

Comment

Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.

Comment

I don't expect chalk — I think that Ferris wins and either Northern or Fairbanks. That's not what a projection will say —*a projection will always generally favor chalk — but that's what I guess.

I do obviously want Northern to win.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
              Geof: Are you saying that because you really mean it? OR instead, your alleged disdain for the Beavers is really over-shadowed by your respect for the challenges and rivalries that both BSU your UAH program share?

Comment

I don't expect chalk — I think that Ferris wins and either Northern or Fairbanks. That's not what a projection will say —*a projection will always generally favor chalk — but that's what I guess.

GFM
                As much parity as there is in this league, I won't be at all surprised if some
                of the road teams advance past this weekend.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                  Geof: Are you saying that because you really mean it? OR instead, your alleged disdain for the Beavers is really over-shadowed by your respect for the challenges and rivalries that both BSU your UAH program share?
                  I hate everything. The Beavers got lucky in getting the Sanford Center when they did so they could be on good footing with the CHA folded. Jumping into the WCHA helped them stay relevant, and Tom Serratore's abilities have helped make them a great team in this league.

I hate everything. I root for Tech second to UAH, but ... ugh ... I kinda root for the Beavs third.

I hate everything.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

I hate everything. The Beavers got lucky in getting the Sanford Center when they did so they could be on good footing with the CHA folded. Jumping into the WCHA helped them stay relevant, and Tom Serratore's abilities have helped make them a great team in this league.

I hate everything. I root for Tech second to UAH, but ... ugh ... I kinda root for the Beavs third.

I hate everything.

GFM
                    We have room for you on our bandwagon.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

From the WCHA columnist playoff preview blog:

"That’s a fact: Ferris State played in the 4-5 series last season and was ousted by Bemidji State in multiple overtimes."

That's one amazing comeback to be eliminated in the opening round but recover to win the Broadmoor Trophy.

Comment

We're guaranteed a 1st time semifinalist in the "New" WCHA, as the winner of the BSU-NMU series will be making its first trip to the 2nd round. And on the other end, either Ferris or BGSU will fail to advance for the first time. So some new blood, with a chance for lots of it, if UAF and LSSU win.

Comment

BG hasn't lost a first round series since Bergeron has been the coach (including eliminating Ferris from the CCHA playoffs in 3 games the year that Ferris made it to the Frozen Four). I expect that to continue this year. Except for some unbelievable goal tending by Tolvenan as well as a couple of defensive gaffs that NMU capitalized on, BG's winning streak could easily be 5 games. We out shot NMU 35-23 in the first game and 40-20 in the second game. Those numbers generally spell out a win. Also, the confidence level of BG is at an all time high for the season. It might go to 3 games, but I expect us to win it in 2.

Comment

I'll have numbers soon for the whole thing, but the first round looks about like this:

Quarterfinal 1: Northern Michigan at Bemidji State
                            Seed 1 Sweeps 68.624% and wins in 3 20.960%.
                            Seed 8 Sweeps 4.311% and wins in 3 6.106%.
                            Quarterfinal 2: Lake Superior at Michigan Tech
                            Seed 2 Sweeps 65.817% and wins in 3 21.938%.
                            Seed 7 Sweeps 5.180% and wins in 3 7.066%.
                            Quarterfinal 3: Alaska at Minnesota State
                            Seed 3 Sweeps 50.981% and wins in 3 24.899%.
                            Seed 6 Sweeps 11.291% and wins in 3 12.829%.
                            Quarterfinal 4: Ferris State at Bowling Green
                            Seed 4 Sweeps 33.941% and wins in 3 24.913%.
                            Seed 5 Sweeps 20.420% and wins in 3 20.727%.
                            GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'll have numbers soon for the whole thing, but the first round looks about like this:

GFM
                              Just curious, how has the accuracy of the results been for NMU been since Jan 1?
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/03...l-projections/

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Just curious, how has the accuracy of the results been for NMU been since Jan 1?
                                In terms of series-by-series results or as a whole (say, what were Northern's chances of making the playoffs as the 8th seed on New Year's Day)?

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X