Atlantic Hockey Championship Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atlantic Hockey Championship Tournament

AIC is a vastly improved & skilled team compared to years past, a couple of additions and with their current coaching staff AIC can elevate themselves right up the standings in the next couple seasons and yes into a home ice situation. AIC ended the regular season with tie against AF, following that up with another tie and OT win over Army to close out the season. Mercyhurst seems to have gotten over the multiple digit player flu that ran through their roster recently and advances to the quarters, two series wrap up tonight and the quarters are sure to be both exciting and fraught with at least one upset along the way.

Am eagerly waiting to see the final result for SH, Danforth to me is the most exciting player in all of Atlantic Hockey.

Comment

Whoa! Niagara taking a 3-1 lead over RIT early in the third.

Still 3-1 with about 5 to go in the third.

Meanwhile SHU and Bentley are 2-2 and heading to OT in the coldest rink I've ever seen a college hockey game in.
      Last edited by riverchief1; 03-05-2017, 08:24 PM.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Whoa! Niagara taking a 3-1 lead over RIT early in the third.

Still 3-1 with about 5 to go in the third.

Meanwhile SHU and Bentley are 2-2 and heading to OT in the coldest rink I've ever seen a college hockey game in.
        Still 2-2 at the JAR going into 2OT; cold hard pizza may be sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Still 2-2 at the JAR going into 2OT; cold hard pizza may be sold out?
          Yuck! The JAR just won't die, hanging on for its last college hockey playoff game.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            Yuck! The JAR just won't die, hanging on for its last college hockey playoff game.
            And, a great game it was. Reminded me a little bit of the last game played at Snively Arena, in which I watched Eric Boguniecki skate the length of the ice to beat BC 6-5 at 10:28 in 2OT.

At least the Bentley Falcons do not have any classes this week (spring break) as they get ready to play the other AHC Falcons in Colorado Springs next weekend.

Comment

Agreed, parity building in AHC. Will your AIC home games continue to be mostly on Tuesday and Thursday nights next season? How would AIC be able to host a home playoff weekend?
              We would. They'd just have to be 2 PM starts is all if the AHL team was playing.

Comment

Alright, so now that I've collected my sanity...what a game between Bentley and Sacred Heart. That was everything and more than I expected. Sucks that someone had to lose. Both teams left it all on the ice for 80:30. Jayson Argue was the star of the overtime. Unbelievable game. One of the best ever.

Comment

What a night, congratulations and best of luck moving to the next round.

Comment

Will be at Army-Mercyhurst tonight. Gonna try doing some live updates on my Twitter at @AICJacketsVoice if you'd like some neutral perspective on the game.

Comment

Seriously? What say you, blazer? :-)
                      OMG, no! There's a D'Angelos up the street if you're desperate but you're better off eating before you arrive at the arena. Bathroom break is recommended too! 😀
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by AICJacketsVoice View Post
                        Will be at Army-Mercyhurst tonight. Gonna try doing some live updates on my Twitter at @AICJacketsVoice if you'd like some neutral perspective on the game.
                        Thoughts on the three game series AICJacketsVoice?

Was an entertaining series with two well matched teams, no losers here just some very entertained fans. Going three games deep with the final one decided by a single goal, with an overtime game along the way, well done and hats off to both teams.

Would root for Army for this weekend but Gahagen was injured I believe in the final period of this series which can make a big difference moving forward considering his stellar play and ability. Army is a well coached team and very physical, play hard boys and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X