Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 707

Thread: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

  1. #141
    Chiefs fan since 1977
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA and Section 119
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'm thinking this blossoming *love affair* between the Lowell faithful and UNH is down to one or more of these ...

    (1) you folks are genuinely rooting for UNH because you feel a kinship with us wonderful UNH folks
    (2) you folks are genuinely terrified of facing the defending HE Champs Northeastern Huskies
    (3) there really IS a rivalry between the two Merrimack Valley D-1 programs, and you want MC to suffer
    (4) Riverhawks' fans are hungry for some ... CUPCAKES next weekend!!!
    Just checking in to see who Lowell plays next week. Not rooting for any one team since Lowell being the #1 seed should beat whomever they meet.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by gochiefs View Post
    Just checking in to see who Lowell plays next week. Not rooting for any one team since Lowell being the #1 seed should beat whomever they meet.
    Um, not necessarily. Like if UConn had ended up coming here, I'd be very concerned considering how much Lowell has sucked against them.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  3. #143
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    11,812

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    You get a little nervous when you're only 3-3-1 against UConn since they joined HE and they haven't beat them since December, 2014. Bazin is 3-5-1 against them in his time at UML.
    Don't worry - that's just "courtesy concern". When they start beating you after January, worry for real.

    UNH had an all-time winning record over BC until relatively recently, even after BC started winning D-1 titles.

    I'm pretty sure no one at BC was quaking in their shoes at UNH. Lowell should be the same with UConn.

    Y'see, we've got some (negative) experience in this area to share with y'all ...
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Don't worry - that's just "courtesy concern". When they start beating you after January, worry for real.

    UNH had an all-time winning record over BC until relatively recently, even after BC started winning D-1 titles.

    I'm pretty sure no one at BC was quaking in their shoes at UNH. Lowell should be the same with UConn.

    Y'see, we've got some (negative) experience in this area to share with y'all ...
    So Chuck, are you gonna pick up your lowell jersey this week or wait till Saturday night?

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    nashua,nh
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    bring on unh!!!!!

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    5-2 UNH with an ENG late in third.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    nashua,nh
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    like that

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Yay! No NU or UConn. Now just have to have no let down and no getting caught sleeping against UNH.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  9. #149
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    11,812

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    So Chuck, are you gonna pick up your lowell jersey this week or wait till Saturday night?
    I'll rather wait 'til after the elimination on Saturday night, but I'm only interested if Coach Bazin signs it.

    Haven't been to Tsongas since the heyday of Stevie Moses. Anything new in the neighborhood to look for?

    ... I mean, other than the stabbings and dead bodies my pal Lanny warned me about back in the day ...
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  10. #150
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    So I would not be surprised in the least if UVM, NU, and PC are all at the Garden the 17th... along with Lowell. I also wouldn't be surprised to see UVM, NU, and PC get their butts handed to them in the QFs.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,086

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'll rather wait 'til after the elimination on Saturday night, but I'm only interested if Coach Bazin signs it.

    Haven't been to Tsongas since the heyday of Stevie Moses. Anything new in the neighborhood to look for?

    ... I mean, other than the stabbings and dead bodies my pal Lanny warned me about back in the day ...
    Chuck, the free street parking is now mostly gone. Quite a few of us head to the Lowell Beer Works early, that way we get street parking ($5 on game day), and get a couple drinks and some food. Still best solution in my opinion, and it's about two blocks to the stadium walking.
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Chuck, the free street parking is now mostly gone. Quite a few of us head to the Lowell Beer Works early, that way we get street parking ($5 on game day), and get a couple drinks and some food. Still best solution in my opinion, and it's about two blocks to the stadium walking.
    To add on to this, the student lots were left with the gate up during Spring break when I was there. If you really want to save $ on parking I would expect 1-2 of the lots on East campus will be open. That would add a couple blocks of walking though
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gone, but probably Gr8Sk8M8

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Their schedule shows that they are indeed broadcasting just one - 7pm next Friday.
    NESN will broadcast the NU-BU game on Saturday night.

    Photo gallery of the team with the regular season trophy.
    Last edited by boblav1; 03-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Just got an email from the Tsongas Center noting that Tsongas Center Cyber Club members can get 20% off tickets for this weekend via this link HERE. To become a Cyber Club member, head HERE.

    And for any alumni who need tickets or additional tickets, that deal is still available through 5:00pm Thursday HERE. By the looks of the online registrants, it's proving pretty popular at $17 a ticket for each night and receptions too (the above 20% off Cyber Club rate gets you a ticket for $18 with no reception and before "convenience" fees are added) so the alumni deal is a good take.

    For Friday night, there's also a stadium cup giveaway for the first 1,000 students.

    On Saturday, "the festivities will start much sooner as we invite you to join us in the Tsongas Center lobby for a pre-game Fan Fest. There will be face painting, a live Magician, prizes, games and more! Fan fest is open to the public and will run from 4-6pm leading into doors opening."

    I guess there's also HE Regular Season Championship shirts on sale at the University Crossing bookstore too.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-06-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  15. #155
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    22,831

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Did they ever say anything about selling glassware sets for the 50th anniversary?
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

    Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey


    NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Did they ever say anything about selling glassware sets for the 50th anniversary?
    No. Those were only for the pre-game giveaways unfortunately. Haven't heard anything about any for sale.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Chuck, the free street parking is now mostly gone. Quite a few of us head to the Lowell Beer Works early, that way we get street parking ($5 on game day), and get a couple drinks and some food. Still best solution in my opinion, and it's about two blocks to the stadium walking.
    Here's a parking trick for those who arrive early. The garage by the Tsongas usually starts charging the event rate at 5:00 with gates up and cash only. Anytime before 5:00, gates are down and you punch the button to get a ticket that you would then upon return, self pay at the kiosk and then as you exit in your vehicle, insert in the machine and the gate rises.

    Here's the trick. If you arrive early before 5:00, pass by the garage and if the gates are down, take the ticket and park. When you come back after the game, the gates are up and you just drive out as if you paid the event rate after 5:00. Voila...free parking!
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    642

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    I like the way you think Riverchief.

    The city has been charging a $5 event rate for metered parking for at least two seasons now and I've never been issued a ticket for not paying it. I received a warning once, and it was during that 6:00 pm start against Northeastern this year when I probably parked around 4:30pm. In hindsight not paying that time was foolish.

    I don't think the meter enforcers work past 6pm, they just program the meters to charge more. Since the other meters in the city end at 6pm, its just a money grab.

    There are always plenty of spaces on Father Morissette Blvd. If you're parking after 6pm you're probably fine to keep your $5, however take my advice at your own risk.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 03-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I like the way you think Riverchief.

    The city has been charging a $5 event rate for metered parking for at least two seasons now and I've never been issued a ticket for not paying it. I received a warning once, and it was during that 6:00 pm start against Northeastern this year when I probably parked around 4:30pm. In hindsight not paying that time was foolish.

    I don't think the meter enforcers work past 6pm, they just program the meters to charge more. Since the other meters in the city end at 6pm, its just a money grab.

    There are always plenty of spaces on Father Morissette Blvd. If you're parking after 6pm you're probably fine to keep your $5, however take my advice at your own risk.
    There are plenty of free parking spots in the City of Lowell Downtown area, but if you think I'm sharing my secrets I'd like to know what you are smoking...

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    There are plenty of free parking spots in the City of Lowell Downtown area, but if you think I'm sharing my secrets I'd like to know what you are smoking...
    Really parking get a grip

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •