2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

congrats to Wall for breaking the record for most wins by a UML freshman goalie.

Comment

Starting to hear from more and more people that CJ will be leaving after this season. Not that it's a surprise.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Starting to hear from more and more people that CJ will be leaving after this season. Not that it's a surprise.
        Spoke with an NHL scout this weekend and said "he will not be back...there is a TON of interest in him."

Like you said, I think we all kind of expected that with the season he is having. The thing that scares me the most is the interest from NHL organizations in Norm.

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
          Spoke with an NHL scout this weekend and said "he will not be back...there is a TON of interest in him."

Like you said, I think we all kind of expected that with the season he is having. The thing that scares me the most is the interest from NHL organizations in Norm.
          There's a chance that Umile might be available?

I'm kidding! I'm kidding!
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post

All the more reason to root for this team to go as far as they can this year. I've noticed every time a bye week comes up, or there is a weekend with only 1 game, and Norm is questioned on it, he always says he dislikes them and prefers playing games. I've even heard him say he wishes the college schedule allowed for more games. He says this stuff so often it makes me wonder if he will go to a pro team eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              All the more reason to root for this team to go as far as they can this year. I've noticed every time a bye week comes up, or there is a weekend with only 1 game, and Norm is questioned on it, he always says he dislikes them and prefers playing games. I've even heard him say he wishes the college schedule allowed for more games. He says this stuff so often it makes me wonder if he will go to a pro team eventually.
              I think he feels more about player development but he's interested in being the hockey coach and IIRC, their schedules were longer when he played

Edit: of course I say this... I don't want norm to leave ever ever ever

Edit: the seasons haven't been substantially longer
              Last edited by Patman; 02-27-2017, 10:41 AM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Congrats to Tyler Wall on winning Defensive Player of the Week once again.

Hockey East @hockey_east
                19m
                #HockeyEast Awards 2/27: #HEA PotW N. Vesey (@MaineIceHockey); @ProAmbitions ROW C. Keller (@TerrierHockey); DPOW T. Wall (@RiverHawkHockey)
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Lowell moves up to #4 in the USCHO poll.
                  Monty

Comment

Lowell moves up to #4 in the USCHO poll.
                    And the USAHockey poll.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Hopefully they have some potential recruits at the game tonight.
                      Were there any recruit sightings Saturday night?

Comment

Congratulations to the school and their marketing department for leading the league in attendance again this season. Another great crowd on Saturday night. It was good to see UMass President Marty Meehan in attendance.
                        More information HERE. Highlights include averaging 5,757 fans per game including 6,000+ in each of the last six home games. Only Hockey East school to average over 5,000 per game. Impressive.

Another long-time fan commented to me on how they used to have to tarp off sections of seats several years ago as we were taking in the atmosphere Friday night. And I remember one of the reasons in 2007 when that dick UMass trustee Tocco tried to kill the program a second time was how bad the arena looked on tv games with empty seats. What a transformation on so many levels for the hockey program and university as a whole since then.
                        Last edited by riverchief1; 02-27-2017, 09:18 PM.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Were there any recruit sightings Saturday night?
                          I saw a couple of kids in suits in the area where the zambonis come on and off during the senior ceremony. Didn't recognize any of them as current players... but couldn't really tell.
                          Monty

Comment

I saw a couple of kids in suits in the area where the zambonis come on and off during the senior ceremony. Didn't recognize any of them as current players... but couldn't really tell.
                            Maybe the Tsongas Center has a new dress code for it's Zamboni/on-ice workers?
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              I don't want norm to leave ever ever ever
                              As my mother used to say, "Nothing lasts forever." I will just tell you this from experience: enjoy it while you can. That's the secret of life. Live in the moment. Everything goes in cycles and someday this will be gone. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                As my mother used to say, "Nothing lasts forever." I will just tell you this from experience: enjoy it while you can. That's the secret of life. Live in the moment. Everything goes in cycles and someday this will be gone. Just saying...
                                Jack coached for 40... I'd say that's forever enough... if we get norm for 25 I have no complaints
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X