Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 707

Thread: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    162

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML03 View Post
    I usually agree with Jayson Moy when he does his bracketolgy blog every Wednesday...but this week goes off the tracks big time. Maybe I am just being a homer, but he says "he is worried about attendance in Manchester as there is only one hockey east school (UML) there". He then swaps UML out for BU...still only putting one hockey east school there. He places us in Cincinnati...then goes on to moving us to Fargo. Now I totally understand we are 3 weeks away from this really mattering...but the fact he thinks not having UML in Manchester is not a very strong idea is strange to me. I would go as fas as saying putting UML in Manchester should be 1 of the top priorities as far as attendance goes.
    Read the article earlier today and have the same sentiments as you. I would have to think that the NCAA reps that actually create the brackets would recognize this. Earlier in Jason's article he mentioned that he has been correct in 5 of the past 6 years. My guess is that his record will now go to 5 of 7.
    University of Lowell, 1987

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,875

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    Read the article earlier today and have the same sentiments as you. I would have to think that the NCAA reps that actually create the brackets would recognize this. Earlier in Jason's article he mentioned that he has been correct in 5 of the past 6 years. My guess is that his record will now go to 5 of 7.
    Moy's methodology is correct, he just made a sloppy mistake swapping out one HEA team for another when he said the region needed another HEA team. Obviously this isn't the final prediction so it has zero relevance on whether he will be correct or not in the final prediction.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Moy's methodology is correct, he just made a sloppy mistake swapping out one HEA team for another when he said the region needed another HEA team. Obviously this isn't the final prediction so it has zero relevance on whether he will be correct or not in the final prediction.
    Yeah, it feels as though at times he is seeking a reaction. Or he will drop a, just for fun, and report it as his final bracket for the week. Its fine, but until the last week its not having any effect on his "record"
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gone, but probably Gr8Sk8M8

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML03 View Post
    I usually agree with Jayson Moy when he does his bracketolgy blog every Wednesday...but this week goes off the tracks big time. Maybe I am just being a homer, but he says "he is worried about attendance in Manchester as there is only one hockey east school (UML) there". He then swaps UML out for BU...still only putting one hockey east school there. He places us in Cincinnati...then goes on to moving us to Fargo. Now I totally understand we are 3 weeks away from this really mattering...but the fact he thinks not having UML in Manchester is not a very strong idea is strange to me. I would go as fas as saying putting UML in Manchester should be 1 of the top priorities as far as attendance goes.
    It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  5. #85
    Chiefs fan since 1977
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA and Section 119
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
    So BC posed for a picture with their trophy today. Where's Lowell's trophy?

    http://pic.twitter.com/I7gOwiVm1X
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
    I think this might be the one year they have a chance to "save" Cincinnati. If they can get WMU v Penn State and somehow get OSU/Notre Dame in there too. WMU and Penn State will both bring fans since they haven't been there in a while/ever. OSU should attend at least.

    If NoDak makes the tourni Fargo is set (throw in Minnesota as the 1 seed in the region because UMD and Denver can't first round with UND). Legit does not matter who else ends up in that regional.

    The East and Northeast will need a bit of help, but it shouldn't be difficult to pull off. A few things I expect they will try to do if possible would be Cornell and Harvard in the same regional, would absolutely draw a crowd for the regional final since its the only game Harvard alums would care about. Getting PC in Providence will help, but if they are the only team not flying that will be >5k fans simply because PC can't draw more than 4k as it is. That'll be an empty arena. Throw Lowell or BU in there and you fix it. Union won't draw enough, but will bring some too.

    Manchester with Lowell or BU plus Harvard and Cornell
    Providence with Lowell or BU plus PC

    I don't think they can do much better than that, unless BC makes it
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gone, but probably Gr8Sk8M8

  7. #87
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,388

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by gochiefs View Post
    #1 seed, last to handle the hardware. Hockey East is fixed

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
    #1 seed, last to handle the hardware. Hockey East is fixed
    Ha! That's my line, trademarked from the first HE semi-final in Providence when the refs screwed Lowell out of a trip to the final as they called a penalty, took Lowell's goal putting them 2 up on BC away, and Lowell ultimately lost by 1 goal. We came up with Hockey East is Fixed on the spot, chanting that. Fun times along with the next night's final.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    642

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    It will be funny if he puts PC in Providence in his final bracket and they end up going west this time. Probably won't happen though.

    Tyler Wall has been named Goaltender of the Month:
    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...703/mar1mh.php

  10. #90
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    22,831
    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
    We have a lot more interested in the program and very few new posters... they're out there

  11. #91
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,283

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    mookie hears fargo is nice in late march
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie hears fargo is nice in late march
    We're taking Jasmine with us then!
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    It's creating quite a buzz in the comment section of his blog today where normally you don't see Lowell fans usually commenting but this has brought them out. Makes no sense as Lowell leads HE in attendance by a wide margin and is 8th in the country. NCAA has to see this as well as how many fans they've drawn to the regionals in Bridgeport, Manchester, and Worcester the past few years. Huge numbers and you would think the NCAA wouldn't want to lose that. Plus what a slight to Lowell but it's only Moy's prediction, not the NCAA final bracket so if he keeps Lowell out west and the NCAA has them rightfully in the east in the end, he goes to getting it right two out of seven years.
    I saw that and I have to say my first reaction was, either this guy doesn't know how to read a map or he has never been to New England. When you figure that UNH is most likely not going to be there and BC will likely not make the tournament, my guess is that Lowell would bring 5,000 fans to Manchester.

    On the other hand, the final brackets are almost never according to his "predictions" anyway, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Yeah, it feels as though at times he is seeking a reaction. Or he will drop a, just for fun, and report it as his final bracket for the week. Its fine, but until the last week its not having any effect on his "record"
    Not to mention that Denver, probably the best team in the country, gets screwed again. I realize that both Minnesota teams are close to Fargo and Cincinatti respectively, but to have Denver travel to EITHER Manchester or Providence is ridiculous, IMO.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Not to mention that Denver, probably the best team in the country, gets screwed again. I realize that both Minnesota teams are close to Fargo and Cincinatti respectively, but to have Denver travel to EITHER Manchester or Providence is ridiculous, IMO.
    Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. The potential #1 overall seed is sent the other side of the country. That wouldn't happen. I think he was drunk when he did this week's brackets.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  16. #96
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,283

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    We're taking Jasmine with us then!
    mookie's in
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,875

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. The potential #1 overall seed is sent the other side of the country. That wouldn't happen. I think he was drunk when he did this week's brackets.
    He has Denver in Fargo.

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,746

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    He has Denver in Fargo.
    Oh I know, I was just agreeing with the other poster it would be nuts to do that (not have Denver out west). The drunk reference was more in response to thinking Moy was indeed intoxicated, thinking Lowell would be shipped out west after potentially winning the HE championship and being #1 seed in HE. Would make no sense given the potential loss of revenue and fans by not having Lowell at either eastern venue.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    A nice goal by Scott Wilson tonight, assisted by Ron Hainsey.
    https://www.nhl.com/video/wilson-roo...496/c-49880703

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    You guys have a new fan in my 2 1/2 year old grandson. He loves hockey highlights, and when I was scrolling through, he was drawn to your logo. Now, when we watch highlights, he always wants to see the "Red Parrot" Team! (particularly painful for me, a Merrimack guy!)
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •