2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

And we can all go take a shower now and go back to hating BU after rooting for them tonight. The 60 minute alliance of convenience for tonight is now over.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      And we can all go take a shower now and go back to hating BU after rooting for them tonight. The 60 minute alliance of convenience for tonight is now over.
      I wasn't rooting for BU to win. I was rooting for Notre Dame to not win. There is a difference.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

So, we're all rooting for unh next weekend right? Any upset that keeps NU and UCONN away from tsongas really
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          I wasn't rooting for BU to win. I was rooting for Notre Dame to not win. There is a difference.
          Well that didn't last long! (Reminds me of that song by War: "Why Can't We Be Friends?") - probably before your time anyway.

Comment

Like I've said all year… never in doubt.

Now c'mon UNH. I want to see Lowell put up another 8 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              So, we're all rooting for unh next weekend right? Any upset that keeps NU and UCONN away from tsongas really
              Or any of UNH, Maine, or Amherst (ha!) I guess. You don't think Maine or Amherst has a chance?
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Chad Ruhwedel just scored to put the Penquins up 4-2 late in the third for his second of the year. UML just got a big shout out on broadcast for Penquins' Ruhwedel, Wilson, and Hainsey. UML players have been on ice for every one of the Penquins goals and have gone 1-1-2 in the game.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 02-25-2017, 09:59 PM.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Well that didn't last long! (Reminds me of that song by War: "Why Can't We Be Friends?") - probably before your time anyway.
                  It didn't last long because it never started. And no, not before my time.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I assume Commissioner Joe Bertagna will visit the team this week to present them with their regular season trophy. He was at BU last night to present the Terriers with the trophy after their win against ND.

http://goterriers.com/galleries/?gallery=1560

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I assume Commissioner Joe Bertagna will visit the team this week to present them with their regular season trophy. He was at BU last night to present the Terriers with the trophy after their win against ND.

He'll send it COD via UPS.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Joe was saying how they actually have two copies of the trophy for situations like Friday night. Obviously BU got to skate with it ok Saturday but had we been playing we would have gotten to appear with it too... of course that'd be an awkward situation since BC could also pose with it
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Joe was saying how they actually have two copies of the trophy for situations like Friday night. Obviously BU got to skate with it ok Saturday but had we been playing we would have gotten to appear with it too... of course that'd be an awkward situation since BC could also pose with it
                          HE noted that they'll now be making a third trophy to cover this year. Does anyone know if it's like the Stanley Cup and gets returned for the following season? Or is there a copy anyway that the school gets to keep and the original goes back to the league?

In any event, it looks like at minimum we'll be hanging two more banners next year (HE Regular Season Champions and NCCA Tournament) and hopefully a few more. But I really do hope that next year is the year they start to consolidate these things as it's starting to look like the old Boston Garden with all of the Adams Division banners. Getting kind of ridiculous.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

HE noted that they'll now be making a third trophy to cover this year. Does anyone know if it's like the Stanley Cup and gets returned for the following season? Or is there a copy anyway that the school gets to keep and the original goes back to the league?

In any event, it looks like at minimum we'll be hanging two more banners next year (HE Regular Season Champions and NCCA Tournament) and hopefully a few more. But I really do hope that next year is the year they start to consolidate these things as it's starting to look like the old Boston Garden with all of the Adams Division banners. Getting kind of ridiculous.
                            I think reg season and NCAA should be singular... league tournament plus should be plural... and if we get that far... I want the rafters to be a fire hazard if we do that well
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Congratulations to the school and their marketing department for leading the league in attendance again this season. Another great crowd on Saturday night. It was good to see UMass President Marty Meehan in attendance.

Comment

This. Definitely start to consolidate them. It's beginning to look like UNH up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X