Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 707

Thread: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    1-1 BU survives the ND pressure and shortly after the penalty was up bu scores

  2. #22
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    22,860

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    well, the great thing about tonight is we make the NCAAs unless the team spends the night doing something involving paddles, fly paper, and an unusually large duck... hate to be waiting to see if we're on top of the league table but so it goes.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

    Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey


    NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    well, the great thing about tonight is we make the NCAAs unless the team spends the night doing something involving paddles, fly paper, and an unusually large duck... hate to be waiting to see if we're on top of the league table but so it goes.
    Either of top 2 feels good. Avoids meeting pc in the qf round and having a week of jcarter. Now if we could just stay away from NU...
    Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 02-24-2017 at 11:33 PM.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Eother of top 2 feels good. Avoids meeting pc in the qf round and having a week of jcarter. Now if we could just stay away from NU...
    And not meeting up with UConn at any point along the way would be nice too.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    And not meeting up with UConn at any point along the way would be nice too.
    In a choice between healthy NU and UCONN I don't know what I want. NU would be more fun in the buildup week.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    98

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Either of top 2 feels good. Avoids meeting pc in the qf round and having a week of jcarter. Now if we could just stay away from NU...
    Agreed. #2 is just fine. Take your pick. NE, MK, UCONN or UNH. I think those are the only 4 possible candidates if one can all assume that Umass can't possibly beat PC. I think NE could be the toughest of the bunch. If Lowell gets #1 I suppose you could throw Maine into the mix upsetting VT.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Agreed. #2 is just fine. Take your pick. NE, MK, UCONN or UNH. I think those are the only 4 possible candidates if one can all assume that Umass can't possibly beat PC. I think NE could be the toughest of the bunch. If Lowell gets #1 I suppose you could throw Maine into the mix upsetting VT.
    Also with the number 1 you rule out northeastern

  8. #28
    Also known as the Southern Dandaaay
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Lowell plays who they plays. They're playing pretty good hockey right now, and to get where they want to be they're gonna have to go through some good teams.

    As The Great One said, just bring it.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Great win last night. Best of luck to Kalpa, Soupy, Gamby and Zink (is gold).
    UML locked into #1 or #2. http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...pp20170224.pdf
    BU win or tie gets us #1 and a share of the season title.
    Don't want a fake HE team to win the title!

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    98

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Nice praise for Gamby from Jerry York

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Nice praise for Gamby from Jerry York
    Jerry's actually not bad, doesn't make excuses unlike Quinn at BU complaining about playing against older players when he has half the NHL draft on his roster and can't get their act together. Although we really need BU to come through tonight with a win or tie so Lowell shares the regular season title and is #1 seed...don't need Notre Dame winning anything.

    And Lowell's up to 6th in pairwise. Keep thinking back to that opening series against Minnesota-Duluth who is currently 2nd and the two ties. Lowell was ahead in both games and gave up the leads (actually winning one in OT but the goal was disallowed). Too bad as those two ties converted to wins could have had us in a solid 1-4 seed instead of a #2 at the moment. But still lots to play so anything can happen.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-25-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  13. #33
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    8,933

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post

    And Lowell's up to 6th in pairwise. Keep thinking back to that opening series against Minnesota-Duluth who is currently 2nd and the two ties. Lowell was ahead in both games and gave up the leads (actually winning one in OT but the goal was disallowed). Too bad as those two ties converted to wins could have had us in a solid 1-4 seed instead of a #2 at the moment. But still lots to play so anything can happen.
    Actually, changing both of those ties to wins would only move Lowell up to #5 overall. College Hockey News lets you edit game results to see the changes in Pairwise.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Actually, changing both of those ties to wins would only move Lowell up to #5 overall. College Hockey News lets you edit game results to see the changes in Pairwise.
    Ahhh, ok. Thanks!

    Have fun with the new roommate you took in last night. You finally win something at a game and it's a giant bear and not the 50/50 jackpot.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    98

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Jerry's actually not bad, doesn't make excuses unlike Quinn at BU complaining about playing against older players when he has half the NHL draft on his roster and can't get their act together. Although we really need BU to come through tonight with a win or tie so Lowell shares the regular season title and is #1 seed...don't need Notre Dame winning anything.

    And Lowell's up to 6th in pairwise. Keep thinking back to that opening series against Minnesota-Duluth who is currently 2nd and the two ties. Lowell was ahead in both games and gave up the leads (actually winning one in OT but the goal was disallowed). Too bad as those two ties converted to wins could have had us in a solid 1-4 seed instead of a #2 at the moment. But still lots to play so anything can happen.
    I agree with everything ever said about Fake Hockey East in this thread, and with them on the pairwise bubble right now I don't even want them representing our conference in the NCAAS. Just another reason to root for the Terriers tonight.

  16. #36
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,392

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    This weekend as secured Lowell a spot (99.9% probability) in the NCAAs again this year... unless they somehow, maybe, lose 2 to Amherst in two weeks and every conference has a non at large team win their tournament.

    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rat...lityMatrix.php

  17. #37
    Also known as the Southern Dandaaay
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Did the Lowell Sun reporter even watch the game?

    Nineteen seconds into the period, Dylan Zink sent a pass from the left wing boards in the Eagles zone onto John Edwardh's stick and he unleashed a hard, one-timer from the high slot that beat BC goaltender Joseph Woll.
    If by "unleashed a hard one-timer" you mean threw a changeup at the net that beat Woll five hole, then yes, that's a hard one-timer.

    ...found Kenny Hausinger in the middle of the ice, who received Kamrass' pass and quickly fed it to his right to Ryan Lohin. Lohin wasted no time in putting a wrist shot past Woll for his ninth goal of the season.[
    And if by "putting a wrist shot past Woll" you mean the puck bounced off Lohin's body, then correct again.

    Wow.
    Last edited by Patronick; 02-25-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: kept reading, found more BS
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    As The Great One said, just bring it.
    Bobby Orr said that?

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    Did the Lowell Sun reporter even watch the game?
    Poetic license. As they say in golf: "It's not how...it's how many."

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,766

    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    Did the Lowell Sun reporter even watch the game?



    If by "unleashed a hard one-timer" you mean threw a changeup at the net that beat Woll five hole, then yes, that's a hard one-timer.



    And if by "putting a wrist shot past Woll" you mean the puck bounced off Lohin's body, then correct again.

    Wow.
    LOL! Real Pulitzer Prize level stuff. Alternative facts and "fake news."

    Makes you yearn for the days of Chaz Scoggins, doesn't it?
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-25-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •